NBC Sports Live Extra

Yespage

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 27, 2010
Ohio
I've searched about and couldn't find any reference to this around here. It launched on the 11th and will house some impressive content including a ton of EPL stuff once the EPL transitions to NBC Sports. Any word on if and when this will become available to Dish subscribers to NBC Sports. I've been rethinking my position on getting NBC Sports in light of what NBC is proposing to do with its coverage.

NBC Sports Live Extra sounds completely different than DISH Anywhere. From what I've read, it appears to be the model of the PAC12 Network. You can connect to the website and verify your cable subscription and then stream NBC, NBC Sports Net and Golf Channel.
According to the articles: "The service will be available for free to users of Cablevision, Comcast, Sudden Link and Verizon FiOs who can verify their cable service".
The satellite providers are not listed in this initial rollout and I believe that is what Yespage was referring to.
I was interested in the Stanley Cup Playoff coverage and here is a link to SB Nation:
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/4/10/4210814/nbc-sports-stream-stanley-cup-playoffs

NBC Sports Live Extra sounds completely different than DISH Anywhere. From what I've read, it appears to be the model of the PAC12 Network. You can connect to the website and verify your cable subscription and then stream NBC, NBC Sports Net and Golf Channel.
According to the articles: "The service will be available for free to users of Cablevision, Comcast, Sudden Link and Verizon FiOs who can verify their cable service".
The satellite providers are not listed in this initial rollout and I believe that is what Yespage was referring to.
I was interested in the Stanley Cup Playoff coverage and here is a link to SB Nation:
http://www.sbnation.com/2013/4/10/4210814/nbc-sports-stream-stanley-cup-playoffs
Epix,HBOtoGo and others are part of dish anywhere and can also be accessed(seperatly) on the ROKU (and other devices) I stand by my original statement

According to the NBC Extra site, it isn't available for Dish.

Every time some network comes out with its latest trinket, someone has to have it. Then we get everyone griping about all the trash shows thrown into the bundles we really don't want or need.

Hey!! You can't have it both ways. If you want quality programming you have to start rejecting all the fluff that gets piled on the pancakes.

Every time some network comes out with its latest trinket, someone has to have it. Then we get everyone griping about all the trash shows thrown into the bundles we really don't want or need.

Hey!! You can't have it both ways. If you want quality programming you have to start rejecting all the fluff that gets piled on the pancakes.

You consider watching live cable programming without paying for another stb fluff? I consider it great for the consumer and it helps to build loyalty to a provider who is willing to give their customers more for their money.

But it is bad for one thing. It makes the providers who don't participate look cheap and out of touch.

???

This is about an online streaming (HBO Go like) addition for NBC Sports, not additional channels, though it sounds like NBC Sports will offer spillover channels for the 10 AM matches, which is a question or a later time.

EPL Talk Q: How many games will be televised?
A: All 380 games will be presented live on television. Roughly six of the matches will be shown live on NBC Sports Network and NBC each weekend, while the remaining four will be made available to participating TV providers via Premier League Extra Time. All games will be streamed live for web, mobile and tablet users on the NBC Sports Live Extra service, as long as your TV provider has an agreement in place to provide the service to you.
Q: What will a typical weekend schedule look like?
A: On Saturdays, NBC Sports Network will show the 7:45am ET game, followed by a 10am ET game on the same network. The 12:30pm ET game on Saturday will be shown on NBC (20 games per season; the others will be shown on NBC Sports Network). On Sundays, the early kick-off at 8:30am ET will be shown on NBC Sports Network. The 11am ET game will be shown on NBC Sports Network and Telemundo. The Monday game at 3pm ET will be shown live on NBC Sports Network.
Q: What about on Spanish-language television in the United States?
A: Over the course of a season, 76 games will be shown live on Telemundo and Mun2 combined.
Q: Will Premier League games be televised on English-speaking networks in the United States other than NBC and NBC Sports Network?
A: Some of the games may be shown on USA or CNBC, for example, on the final day of the season where NBC Universal will use 10 of its different channels to show live matches.
Can one of the DIRT members put in a request for me? Really hoping this is available by August.

Note that the "NBC Sports Network" is currently only available in Top250 and not available in Dish Latino. I had an email exchange with an exec in Dish Programming, which resulted in him understanding that if nothing changes, the higher package requirement for "NBC Sports Network" plus the February price increases would cause the Premier League to cost way more on NBC in August than it cost a year ago on Fox (something like $30-$40 a month for some people - since FSC is in AT120+ as well as the less expensive Dish Latino packages). So there is a price issue, as well as an availability issue. We'll see what happens, but at least Dish does know about these issues well in advance.

And good insight into some of the reasons why our bills and fees keep rising. Good info, thanks.

Note that the "NBC Sports Network" is currently only available in Top250 and not available in Dish Latino. I had an email exchange with an exec in Dish Programming, which resulted in him understanding that if nothing changes, the higher package requirement for "NBC Sports Network" plus the February price increases would cause the Premier League to cost way more on NBC in August than it cost a year ago on Fox (something like $30-$40 a month for some people - since FSC is in AT120+ as well as the less expensive Dish Latino packages). So there is a price issue, as well as an availability issue. We'll see what happens, but at least Dish does know about these issues well in advance.
Yeah, this is a problem on a number of services. Latino Dos is the best kept tv secret, especially for a soccer fan. But now it becomes less important. I can't think that FSC and the like are on Dos by accident and wonder if FSC folding to become FX Unnecessary frees up for NBC Sports to get renegotiated to Dos or in the Sports Pack.

Personally I see it two ways. 1) I drop Dish all together, because if I don't get the EPL, there isn't much reason to have Dish or anything else and live without EPL and spend my money at Amazon. 2) Subscribe to 250 and look at it as a $20 per month fee for EPL (FS2Go) plus a boat ton of other channels as a bonus for $6 more. The 2) option becomes much more palatable if Dish offers the spillover Extra Time channels and the online option. But it is still a tough call.

I've searched about and couldn't find any reference to this around here. It launched on the 11th and will house some impressive content including a ton of EPL stuff once the EPL transitions to NBC Sports. Any word on if and when this will become available to Dish subscribers to NBC Sports. I've been rethinking my position on getting NBC Sports in light of what NBC is proposing to do with its coverage.

Dish will be carrying NBC Sports Live Extra. http://epltalk.com/2013/04/29/dish-...bc-sports-live-extra-great-news-for-epl-fans/

I much rather have access to this than NY RSNs.

Does it matter that I'm outside the NY RSN region when I say that?

Does anyone know if you have to have AT250 in order to access the live sports streams on 'NBC Sports Live Extra'? Or can you be on a lower tier of channels (AT120, AT200) and still have access to the live sporting events (I'm thinkin' NHL hockey playoffs!) as a bonus, instead of upgrading to AT250.

Thanks!

It's explained on the Extra website. You have to subscribe to the channel like other services. You can access sports events there that are broadcast on NBC however without a cable/satellite subscription.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)