'NBC Sports Network' now on AT200...any other channels?

AngryStamen

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 18, 2007
When the Olympics started, I noticed that NBCSP (ch. 159) was available to me (I have AT200). I figured that it was just because of the Olympics, but I then discovered that it has been permanently moved to the AT200. That led me to wonder if there have been any other channel lineup changes. Anyone have the most up-to-date channel lineup?

Also, any changes in the Disney/ABC HD saga?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Thanks for pointing this out... NBCSN was the only reason we had AT250! Feels good to switch back to AT200, especially after the recent price increases.

There are still to many channels that are only in the 250 oackage that my wife and I watch that prevents us from down grading.
My wife (she who must be obeyed) likes the Cooking channel so I'm stuck at the 250 package. Otherwise I would drop to 200 instantly.

Since the published guide isn't necessarily accurate, can anyone confirm that the Cooking channel doesn't exist in the 200 package????

If NBCsn was moved to the 200 tier, then the guide you get from that location is not up to date.

I was just going to say the same thing. This PDF still has NBCSN listed under the AT250.

Anyone know of a current list of the DISH channel packages? If not, anyone know if any other channels have moved from one package to another?

My wife (she who must be obeyed) likes the Cooking channel so I'm stuck at the 250 package. Otherwise I would drop to 200 instantly.

Since the published guide isn't necessarily accurate, can anyone confirm that the Cooking channel doesn't exist in the 200 package????

I'll confirm that. I have AT200 and the Cooking Channel is not in my lineup, still on AT250.

In the meantime those with AT250 or higher kind of get shafted.NBCSN goes down a tier and top 250 gets nothing in return.That's fine though,Dish keeps weakening the top 250 they will have a lot of subs move down to 200 pack.Just a couple more channels and we'll certainly consider downgrading.

In the meantime those with AT250 or higher kind of get shafted.NBCSN goes down a tier and top 250 gets nothing in return.That's fine though,Dish keeps weakening the top 250 they will have a lot of subs move down to 200 pack.Just a couple more channels and we'll certainly consider downgrading.

True but then again if enough(the right) channels from AT250 go down to 200 then there may also be a lot of subs moving from 120 or 120+

This channel move works perfectly for me. NBCSN and DIY were the only two channels that I really wanted to have on my channel package (though not worth it to me for the extra $10), and DIY is on free preview like, every month or so! I am now very satisfied with the AT200!

If NBCsn was moved to the 200 tier, then the guide you get from that location is not up to date.

Well, thanks for pointing that out as I didn't catch it myself. Guess you can't even trust a channel guide posted right on Dish's main webpage. I'm going to be doing some downgrading this weekend, and I'm vacillating between A120 and A200. I'm dropping from A250 w/BB Online.

On one hand I'd like to keep BBCA, TCM, and maybe a couple others that are in A200, but are they worth enough to me to pay a $15 premium between A120 and A200? That's a huge price difference between packages, and I figure I need to "make a statement" about higher costs. Decisions, decisions!

By the way, will this drop also cost us the one time $5 programming change fee I've heard about?

Prime star, I don't think you'll get hit with that $5 fee. I seem to remember that last year, I jumped up to AT250 so that I could watch the NHL playoffs, some of which were on NBCSN, and as long as I kept that package level for at least a month, I wouldn't get hit with the $5 change fee.

Of course, this is all based on my sometimes shoddy memory!

As far as 200 vs 120, it is, of course based on personal preference, but for me, it's worth it. I like now having NBCSN, as well as NHL Net, MLB Net, NFL Net, Big 10, and of course, Nick Jr. and Disney XD for my little boy!!

Good luck with your choice!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts