'NBC Sports Network' now on AT200...any other channels?

I really don't think that there is any channels in the top 250 pack that are worth the extra $10.00 a month. In fact if there Encore channels weren't there , you would most likely only pay $4.00 more for the rest of the channels, since Encore pack is $6.00 now for them ala cart.

I really don't think that there is any channels in the top 250 pack that are worth the extra $10.00 a month. In fact if there Encore channels weren't there , you would most likely only pay $4.00 more for the rest of the channels, since Encore pack is $6.00 now for them ala cart.
Top250 used to have a higher value back before Directv had an alternative. 250 was the reason I left Directv, I could get a few sports channels, the upper tier non-premiums, and the Encore channels (before HD) for a few bucks less than what I was paying Directv without getting the non-premium and Encore channels.

Sadly the premium of the top tier non-premiums has fallen. Science is a shell of what it used to be, most of Encore is SD, and only NBC Sports getting the EPL was the only reason I had Top 250.

What is bizarre is how these changes go almost completely unannounced. If it wasn't for Satguys, I would likely not be saving $10 a month now.

Top250 used to have a higher value back before Directv had an alternative. 250 was the reason I left Directv, I could get a few sports channels, the upper tier non-premiums, and the Encore channels (before HD) for a few bucks less than what I was paying Directv without getting the non-premium and Encore channels.

Sadly the premium of the top tier non-premiums has fallen. Science is a shell of what it used to be, most of Encore is SD, and only NBC Sports getting the EPL was the only reason I had Top 250.

What is bizarre is how these changes go almost completely unannounced. If it wasn't for Satguys, I would likely not be saving $10 a month now.

Just another reason why Satguys is the best site there is. Spread the word!

According to the Dish website, NBCSN has also been added to Dish America Gold.
I'm still getting it on Dish America Silver, but Dish doesn't list it as being in the Silver package.

Prime star, I don't think you'll get hit with that $5 fee. I seem to remember that last year, I jumped up to AT250 so that I could watch the NHL playoffs, some of which were on NBCSN, and as long as I kept that package level for at least a month, I wouldn't get hit with the $5 change fee.

Of course, this is all based on my sometimes shoddy memory!

As far as 200 vs 120, it is, of course based on personal preference, but for me, it's worth it. I like now having NBCSN, as well as NHL Net, MLB Net, NFL Net, Big 10, and of course, Nick Jr. and Disney XD for my little boy!!

Good luck with your choice!!

Ok, I'm going to drop down to America's 200 this weekend, and also drop BB online. That's a $20 monthly savings over A250 w/BB online. Then in a month or two when my wifes shows end, I think I'll drop down to A120. That's a $35 monthly saving over A250 w/BB online, or $15 saving over A200 alone.

+1

I believe my very first post showed my frustration that D* did not have a comparable package that included the Encores and west feeds of The Movie Channels like Dish at the time while we were stuck in a contract for D*. Dish also has an extra local channel and a regional sports network that D* does not offer.

I wish Dish would add the remaining HD simulcasts of the available Encores since the latest increase to $6/month for a la carte.

We also love the Sirius XM channels. I think D* had them at the time still when we left, but we do not prefer the SonicTap channels they have. Sometimes the repeat loops are a little more noticeable and annoying lately especially when not watching our other channels that play repeats, reality shows, or just shows we are not interested in.

Since the increases throughout the years and the way the channels are being programmed, we dropped down from America's Top 250 with Blockbuster @ Home to Dish Latino Dos with Encore.

There are still to many channels that are only in the 250 oackage that my wife and I watch that prevents us from down grading.

Same with us. We downgraded for a while, but my wife likes the Cooking Channel and I love movies so we went back.

This is great news, and just in time for Formula 1™ in mid-March!

Also, I want to give Dish props from their revised MyDish Customer site. Before, all you could do by yourself was add packages. Now, select what you want and press submit. There's even an estimated monthly bill (minus fees and taxes) so you can see how your choices will affect your monthly bill. :up

May want to give Amazon Prime a look. They have several seasons of the cooking programs available. Not everything, but a good deal of it, and on demand.
Shucks, I'm talking about what my wife would want. She is technically handicapped to say the least, and would never figure out how to do that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)