NBC to launch own service (good luck with that)!

How's CBS doing with that?
Apparently pretty well if NBC is wanting to jump on the bandwagon. Does anyone really want to share revenues with Hulu when they can go direct with their own advertisers?

I believe, as Radioguy41 suggests, that NBC has precious little to offer. What they do have seems to end up in interminable syndication and they surely don't want to slaughter that cow.

I tried watching something on the freebie NBC streaming offering over the weekend (Saturday morning) and it was close to intolerable in terms of both PQ and AQ. I was hoping that the AQ of the stream would be better than my local affiliate's (KGW) poor rendition but I was stunned that it was much worse.

Good fight is on cbs access too. I have cbs access commercial free option. Most of my viewing is on cbs. Only 4 shows nbc and 2 on abc. Nbc.com has a bunch of commervials. If they offer a commercial free option then it will be more successful.

Sent from my SM-T817V using the SatelliteGuys app!

He wants to watch the new season when its released, so there isn't any other (legal) option other than to sub for 1 month then drop it.
He should wait until the entire season has its run as the episodes are released weekly. Like last year I plan to wait until I get offered a free month of CBS All Access, which happens much more often than you'd think.

He wants to watch the new season when its released, so there isn't any other (legal) option other than to sub for 1 month then drop it.
I've developed a tolerance for not seeing things first-run and it has been financially rewarding not to spend $10 here and $14 there.

ST:Discovery episodes are dropped in a weekly succession so the idea that you can see episodes when they are released without subscribing to the service for the duration of the season seems out of reach.

So, NBC is going to let you watch NBC shows on "devices" if you have a cable/dish password?

Which they have already done for nearly a decade.

This would be a service that you subscribe to without having conventional Pay TV authentication so no, it is not the same.
Read the link-

NBC's streaming service will be a free, ad-supported product to anyone that subscribes to a pay-TV service.

For those that don't subscribe to pay-TV, the service will cost about $12 per month. It will launch in 2020.

Sent from my LGL84VL using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: SamCdbs
NBC's streaming service will be a free, ad-supported product to anyone that subscribes to a pay-TV service.
What differentiates it from the current offering is that it adds the pay option for those who don't have authentication. That aspect aside, as SamCdbs points out, it isn't any different from their current offering and they're touting something as "coming in 2020" that they have had in place for a while now.