NBC To Offer Unprecedented 242 Hour 2012 - 3D Olympics Coverage

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
NBC has also partnered with Panasonic Corp. of North America to offer 3D coverage of the Games to all U.S. distributors.

Cable Show 2012: NBC To Offer Unprecedented 2012 Olympics Coverage - 2012-05-22 18:29:19 | Multichannel News

Panasonic is partnering with NBC Sports to make the London Games available in 3D to all U.S. distributors who carry Olympic coverage on cable, satellite and telco with 242 hours of coverage.

NBCUniversal Networks Will Carry 5,535 Hours of London Olympic Coverage - The Hollywood Reporter

Last edited:
NBC has also partnered with Panasonic Corp. of North America to offer 3D coverage of the Games to all U.S. distributors.
There should be little doubt that this represents the last hope for 3D ever catching on as something more than a curiosity. Unfortunately, the big push comes with sports where the excitement tapers off quickly once the results are known.

I bet Directv has it on one of those 3D channels, but they need to fix them. They all look ghosted to me when I watch them on Directv.

Now we need to hear which cable/satellite providers will definitely pick up this 3d coverage.

A Picture is worth ...

3D Olympics.jpgn3D Olympics.jpg

I don't know about needing anymore info. I can see carrying this in 3D, Dish should provide it assuming they can. It could give them some better grasp on just what the interest is in future 3D programming. Though I will point out out of their 14 million customers, by percentage very few have a 3D capable receiver.

Pepper- I don't believe there was any 3D coverage the last time either. I was pointing it out to Scott that his 1Tb drive may not be sufficient. He'll need to pick and choose the events. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)