NBC to Reboot "Murder She Wrote" - On Hold

Wish them luck, but doubt it will go anywhere.

I can think of dozens of attempts at rebooting a series, but can't think of even one that was successful. Lightning just doesn't strike twice.

Just look at the recent NBC´S failure with the Ironside remake. Now NBC will attempt this ?

Another failed remake was ABC´s Charlie´s Angels in 2011.

Last edited:
Hawaii 5-0 has been a sucess.

Wish them luck, but doubt it will go anywhere.

I can think of dozens of attempts at rebooting a series, but can't think of even one that was successful. Lightning just doesn't strike twice.

Hardly a "success" unless you consider ratings marginally good enough to hold off cancellation. It's a mid pack performer at best.

Show doesn't do anything for me, but that's kind of irrelevant.

Agree. It's only around because CBS has been doing everything possible to ensure it goes into syndication. IMO they have cancelled dozens of better shows, with bigger ratings, over the past decade.

without angela i doubt it will work
I agree, the show worked because of her.

Anyway, we already have a Mystery She Wrote remake, it's called "Castle".

Just using the idea and saying it's a remake won't make it work or not, it's got to have a good lead, that's why some remakes work, and most fail miserably.

Wonder of it will be on Sundays like the original. I remember following this NFL game stay tuned for sixty minutes and murder she wrote :)

Guess not at least during football season

Why not bring back The Brady Bunch while they are at it. Gilligan's island could be rebooted too! While they are at it they could do a reboot about a crazy Red head and her Cuban band leader husband who works at the Copa club in New York........ :rolleyes:

N. Nightly
B. Broadcasting
C. CRAP

Why not bring back The Brady Bunch while they are at it. Gilligan's island could be rebooted too! While they are at it they could do a reboot about a crazy Red head and her Cuban band leader husband who works at the Copa club in New York........ :rolleyes:

N. Nightly
B. Broadcasting
C. CRAP

They already brought back Gilligans Island,it was renamed Lost.

N. Nightly
B. Broadcasting
C. CRAP

You just HAD to remind me of Mary Ann! OUCH!

;)

NBC could certainly attempt that, how about other shows to reboot, Leave it to Beaver....or leave the beaver alone and just to the extra mile and reboot Ozzie and Harriet just to make sure no one watches :rolleyes:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)