NBC Trying To Keep Jay Leno In The Fold Post February

NBC doesn't learn from its mistakes does it? I sure hope Jimmy Fallon has a post Tonight Show plan for 2015....

Jay may well find all this to be a blessing. Go to another network (likely Fox) while NBC sinks.

Since Letterman,and Oprah,buried the hatchet,NBC should also bury the hatchet with Letterman.Bring him back to the Tonight Show.I haven't watched an episode of the Tonight Show,since the Letterman,Leno debacle.

So was Conan and we all know what happened there....

Not a Conan fan. I enjoyed him about 15 years ago, but the last several years he was on the show after Leno I couldn't watch him. Tried his new show twice and hated it both times. Jimmy however, I find to be very funny and entertaining. I think he will do well.

Studio logic: We want someone younger and trendier than Jay, yet we do not want Jay out competing with the new guy since as before he could probably ruin the ratings. What is the minimum we can pay Jay to keep him locked up?

Are there any credible rumors of Jay seeking another late-night opportunity? I actually really like Jimmy Fallon and would happily watch him host the new Tonight Show. However, if Jay ran opposite Fallon, Angry Dave Letterman, and Conan "Creepy Cracker" O'Brien...then I would probably watch Jay's new show because there is no way in heck I have time to watch two late-night shows.

From a interview with NBC's Bob Greenblatt about Jay Leno's Future;
"I've made it clear to him and all of his reps that we'd love him to stay. He's been very focused on the final months of the show and has said he's not going to make any decisions about his post-Tonight Show life until after the show. But nothing would make me happier than to find ways to keep him involved with this network. That's really up to him."

hollywoodreporter.com

Since Letterman,and Oprah,buried the hatchet,NBC should also bury the hatchet with Letterman.Bring him back to the Tonight Show.I haven't watched an episode of the Tonight Show,since the Letterman,Leno debacle.

Highly doubt that Letterman would even consider that.

I like Leno, but I don't watch the Tonight show. Too many other options.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Wonder if NBC can do anything like make it so Leno can't host another show for like 24 months ?

Not part of his current contract so he is a "Free Agent" come February or shortly thereafter. Many folks don't realize that Leno still performs his stand-up schtick most weekends, so he can continue doing or entertain other opportunities. Offhand, I do not see him sticking with NBC after their relationship the past few years. Fox would appear to be the most likely candidate if he returns to the airwaves. We shall see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts