NBC unveils fall schedule

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cosmo_kramer

Master of my Domain
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2005
41.605N, -72.879W
NBC unveiled its fall lineup this morning, but conspicuously missing was any mention of bubble shows Chuck, Law & Order, Medium, Life, or My Name is Earl. According to a Peacock insider, a final ruling on the fate of all five shows will come on May 19. (Medium and Law & Order are both expected back; insiders say NBC execs are just finalizing the episode counts.)

NBC did, however, confirm that it's bringing back Heroes, Southland, and Parks and Recreation. They join the already-renewed The Office, 30 Rock, Law & Order: SVU, Friday Night Lights, Celebrity Apprentice, and The Biggest Loser. Additionally, new series pickups include four dramas (Trauma, Parenthood, Mercy, Day One), two comedies (Community and 100 Questions), and six episodes of cheap filler Saturday Night Live Weekend Update Thursday.

Breaking: NBC unveils fall sked, decision on 'Chuck' delayed | | Ausiello Files | EW.com

Donald Trump must have something on those NBC executives, I didn't think anyone was actually watching Celebrity Apprentice. As long as they keep Medium I'll be happy. Medium is the only NBC prime time program that I watch every week.

Chuck me. Grrr..... Parks and Rec gets renewed and Chuck is on the bubble??? Don't they realize Chuck knows kung fu?

Seriously, NBC can go sink in whatever pile of goo they are in. Idiot network.

My Name is Earl is in limbo but Heroes is definitely back? I am struggling to just watch this season. I wanted to just stop watching but I was a few episodes away from the finale hoping it got better. Unfortunately that shark is jumped! I know raitings is advertising which is money which is why we run a business but sometimes why cant we keep quality despite the money return. Keep Chuck, My Name is Earl. It was like Arrested Development. Best show and had a niche following yet got tossed for cheap reality shows.

If two of my favorite shows gets axed (Earl and Chuck) then that will just be two hours less that I will be watching NBC and I will have to find other content to watch. I think Earl should go another few years.

NBC Picks Up 6 New Series, Renews 'Southland' and 'Parks' for 2009-10

By Josef Adalian
The network Monday greenlit a programming slate heavy on meat-and-potatoes fare, including two medical dramas ("Trauma" and "Mercy"), a broad family hour ("Parenthood") and an old-fashioned multicamera half-hour from director James Burrows ("100 Questions"). Also on NBC's slate: a single-camera comedy starring E! host Joel McHale and Chevy Chase ("Community") and an ambitious "limited" series from "Heroes" alum Jesse Alexander ("Day One") that will be heavily promoted during the Winter Olympics in advance of a March debut.

Source & More: tvweek.com

The other elephant in the room is what happens if the Leno show fails? What if something happens to Leno (like he was hospitalized 2 weeks ago)? They are really risking a lot on this.

As much as I like Heroes and Life, if the idiots at NBC cancel Chuck, I'll quit watching everything on NBC. SciFi is the only NBCU channel that I watch aside from the flagship, and since they've dumped BSG and Stargate, it'll be easy to dump the entire NBC-U channel list because of them dumping Chuck... Chuck needs to go Kung Fu on the execs at NBC-U. And Casey needs to tell them to "Chuck off" if they take Chuck off...

Chuck and Earl are half the shows I watch on NBC while the other two are Friday Night Lights and Office which are being renewed. I used to watch Deal or No Deal but it got old after a while and I quit. They would have to really spice that show up to make it worth my while to watch again. I like his Howie Do It show better. It is like a reincarnation of Bloopers and Practical Jokes they did 20+ years ago.

I found myself, while watching Chuck in the middle of the season, thinking that this is just getting dumb. I admit, it got better and better and the last one was great. Not that it really mattered. as long as there is even the slightest chance that we were going to see Sarah in her undies, I will be watching!

I was always thinking that they would lose plots but they always figured a way to keep it interested but always wondered how long they would be able to.