NBC's Premier League Live Extra Time

Last minute decision? o_O

So NBCSN is STILL going to be in 250 AND we're not getting the games? Okay we need a DIRT member to put all us on the interest list for this cause this is BS. NBCSN is the only one that high. Place UP and OWN in 250 and bring NBCSN to 200. How can Dish honestly screw this up?

They tried their very best lol! Truly unbelievable!

I mean, little old Brighthouse and not Dish? It's free to them and all they have to do is make some channels available at a dead a$$ time of the week. Man their must be some real complexities in this satellite business that we're not getting. Hopefully a more experienced member or DIRT member can explain. It's as if they're handing you the phone or scissors and tempting you to switch or just cut the cord.

They tried their very best lol! Truly unbelievable!

I mean, little old Brighthouse and not Dish? It's free to them and all they have to do is make some channels available at a dead a$$ time of the week. Man their must be some real complexities in this satellite business that we're not getting. Hopefully a more experienced member or DIRT member can explain. It's as if they're handing you the phone or scissors and tempting you to switch or just cut the cord.
dish doesn't like spending money..if it was "free" it would be on

I just don't want a dish generic reply. I just can't believe a NBC press release about dish carrying these channels and then this happens.

because this was a last minute decision by NBC, DISH does not have the capacity to carry the extra channels that are broadcasting live games.

That does seem like an outright untruth. I really dislike being spun like that.

I will be happy if dish lower the NBCSN package. There are a lot of good games to be seen live ( i will certainly not upgrade my package though of this so will be happy if dish lowers the package)

Last minute decision? o_O

So NBCSN is STILL going to be in 250 AND we're not getting the games? Okay we need a DIRT member to put all us on the interest list for this cause this is BS. NBCSN is the only one that high. Place UP and OWN in 250 and bring NBCSN to 200. How can Dish honestly screw this up?
It sounds like the games will still be accessible online via Live Extra to Dish subs.

I pretty skeptical about this whole Dish can't handle the extra bandwidth to carry the games. I'm pretty certain no college football games start until around Noon. EPL games are over at about 11:50 AM, with a rare exception of a game running to 12:00 PM. Regardless, all is not lost, though this is a bit disappointing. NBC announces Dish will have Extra Time, but then Dish doesn't have it. In Dish's defense, they never said they did. NBC funked up with the announcement.

Always good games too be streamed live. Only thing I can do is hook my pc up too my tv apart from this Saturday I have too work so its put the game on my ios device. I did want too dvr the game and watch it after work. Thanks dish.

I am sick of the dish spin. If there put the same amount of love and passion in this as they do with channel disputes then we would have the games.

dish doesn't like spending money..if it was "free" it would be on

See previous posts with links where back in April and last month where NBC announced that these Extra Time Channels were being provided to all providers free. I figure that's why all the big guns have made accommodation to provide these channels to it's subscribers, the one glaring omission being Dish.

Is this a cultural thing or a lack of vision by Dish? Still wishing we could hear an official explanation. The Premier League is the most popular club competition in the world and you're offered free stuff to carry and SILENCE???

I'm also a lifelong businessman and relatively successful entrepreneur, so I guess that side of me is curious for some answers. Dish haven't reached where they are by playing the fool, but I know in business you don't want to leave your customers feeling like one.

The dish reps on facebook seem too think the games will be on other nbc owned channels. Seems too me that no one seems too know what they are doing.

Always good games too be streamed live. Only thing I can do is hook my pc up too my tv apart from this Saturday I have too work so its put the game on my ios device. I did want too dvr the game and watch it after work. Thanks dish.

I am sick of the dish spin. If there put the same amount of love and passion in this as they do with channel disputes then we would have the games.

As per the NBC schedule all games will be available to participating providers & their subs that are in correct packages. So if you get NBCSN you can watch it online too

I want premier league extra time! I'll be very pissed off if dish fails on this one!
Extra time definitely helps to take the sting out of the serious price increase from Dos to 250. I'm just glad L'pool play Stoke on NBCSN this week, so maybe there will be some time to suss things out.

Rereading the link, that seems to imply that not only is Extra Time not part of Dish, but that Live Extra or maybe it is called "Live Everywhere" now isn't either. This is disturbing. Without either of them, I'll probably drop back to Dos, if not put Dish on pause.

This is really annoying.
This is really Dish.

Of course, NBC started this mess by saying Dish would have Extra Time. I was happy they'd have "Live Extra", but "Extra Time" would be very sweet. Now it is as if it has been taken away.

From Dish...

I apologize for the inconvenience. English Premier League (EPL) soccer is scheduled to begin on Saturday, August 17, 2013. Many of the EPL games will be broadcast on existing Dish channels such as NBC, NBC Sports, CNBC, USA, Telemundo and mun2. NBC recently made the decision to broadcast other EPL games on channels that Dish does not currently carry. Subsequently, Dish does not have the capacity to carry these extra channels on such short notice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts