NBC's Premier League Live Extra Time

NBC deal with the EPL was officially announced last October (2012). NBC press conference on April 16, 2013 laid out all their plans for online and overflow coverage. How is this short notice??

I count 14 channels on my guide listed as "HD Sports Alternate."

I don't follow college football, but is there ever a point at which this isn't enough?

Lol....just looking through my mail that I received yesterday. .... offer from Direct TV to switch. $200 visa card, $25/mth for a year on one of their higher packages, the obligatory 3 free months of premium movie channels and NFL Sunday Ticket free. I usually dump this type of stuff in the trash but hmmmmm......and they haven't even started putting out the "we have all the Premier League matches, Dish doesn't" ads yet! Hopper is nice but I could use the savings and buy myself a nice Sling Box and the app and not worry about missing any football & football, if you know what I mean :) ?

I'm out, guys. Dish lost a customer on this one. I've finally realized sports are the only thing keeping me from cutting the cord entirely, so I need to spend my TV money somewhere that has all the sports I want, not just some.

DirecTV, here I come. Switching from red to blue...

From Dish...

I apologize for the inconvenience. English Premier League (EPL) soccer is scheduled to begin on Saturday, August 17, 2013. Many of the EPL games will be broadcast on existing Dish channels such as NBC, NBC Sports, CNBC, USA, Telemundo and mun2. NBC recently made the decision to broadcast other EPL games on channels that Dish does not currently carry. Subsequently, Dish does not have the capacity to carry these extra channels on such short notice.
What a load. Most games will not be carried on the NBC slate of channels, only about half.

Short notice would seem to be a joke, other than NBC decided to not use CNBC and the like for games.

I'm out, guys. Dish lost a customer on this one. I've finally realized sports are the only thing keeping me from cutting the cord entirely, so I need to spend my TV money somewhere that has all the sports I want, not just some.

DirecTV, here I come. Switching from red to blue...

It's not often that I make the right decision. This time I did, however. I've got the first ten matches all queued up in my Genie. ;)

Will someone from DIRT please place an official complaint on behalf of everyone in this thread that we are NOT happy with Dish's behavior and decisions in this matter. As you can plainly see you have lost several customers just in this thread over this and there is definitely an interest in this service that you could have easily offered (NBC said the games were free. See other posts on available capacity on Alt HD Channels). Even overflow in SD would have been superior to NO overflow channels. And your explanations are not satisfactory and don't even make sense. You really screwed up, Dish. I hope you will do the right thing and with a little more "time" (since this was about "short notice" after all), you will get these overflow channels up and available to your loyal subscribers. If this really was about short notice like you said it was, then I expect that another month or so should give you time to get the rest of the games on TV and we'll still get the service for the majority of the season. Am I right? If that doesn't end up happening, then you outright LIED to us in your excuse about not having it ready for Aug. 17 launch. I'm happy to give you some more time to get these channels up, but I will not tolerate you lying to us to quell the anger up front and then not following through on the logic behind your excuses. DIRT, please pass on.

Will someone from DIRT please place an official complaint on behalf of everyone in this thread that we are NOT happy with Dish's behavior and decisions in this matter. As you can plainly see you have lost several customers just in this thread over this and there is definitely an interest in this service that you could have easily offered (NBC said the games were free. See other posts on available capacity on Alt HD Channels). Even overflow in SD would have been superior to NO overflow channels. And your explanations are not satisfactory and don't even make sense. You really screwed up, Dish. I hope you will do the right thing and with a little more "time" (since this was about "short notice" after all), you will get these overflow channels up and available to your loyal subscribers. If this really was about short notice like you said it was, then I expect that another month or so should give you time to get the rest of the games on TV and we'll still get the service for the majority of the season. Am I right? If that doesn't end up happening, then you outright LIED to us in your excuse about not having it ready for Aug. 17 launch. I'm happy to give you some more time to get these channels up, but I will not tolerate you lying to us to quell the anger up front and then not following through on the logic behind your excuses. DIRT, please pass on.
Seconded.

And my condolences to DIRT workers who become the unfortunate punching bags sometimes due to Dish's policies of which they have no control over.

As a stateside Southampton fan, Extra Time was all set to be a Godsend as pretty much all our games will be on those channels. Gone from elation to despair in 24 hrs. For me, it's a deal breaker and I don't know how long I can give them before I switch to the dark side...

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Agree.

DIRT, please pass on.

As a stateside Southampton fan, Extra Time was all set to be a Godsend as pretty much all our games will be on those channels. Gone from elation to despair in 24 hrs. For me, it's a deal breaker and I don't know how long I can give them before I switch to the dark side...

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!
No Internet?

The key thing about NBC have Extra Time was so we could get away from crappy internet streams that was common during the ESPN/Fox deal.
Crappy ESPN streaming?

I'm aware the benefits of Extra Time over Live Extra, but at least Live Extra gives someone a chance to see the game... if maybe only live.

Scott is strangely silent on this one. Any updates Scott? Why can't Dish just throw them on the ALT Sports channels - nothing else being shown in the 10AM - Noon EDT slot.

Scott is strangely silent on this one. Any updates Scott? Why can't Dish just throw them on the ALT Sports channels - nothing else being shown in the 10AM - Noon EDT slot.

Scott is befuddled over this and deep in thought. This is ponderous, man. Really ponderous. :)

The ESPN3 stream used too work really well on Xbox live for the games. Sadly there is no such app for the Xbox 360. I am an Everton fan and sadly it seems that most Everton games will be on the extra time flow of channels. Yes I can watch the games but its going too be a pain having too put my computer into my lounge every Saturday.

Dish had plenty of notice from NBC but my attitude is cause they are not getting extra revenue from this then they don't want too show this.
And for advisors saying the games are going too be on other NBC channels Dish please train your advisors a little bitter.

I think Dish needs a new board. They are so incompetent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)