NBC's Premier League Live Extra Time

Anyone know if it is possible to hook my iPad to my HDTV through HDMI using Apples digital AV adapter and watch the Extra Time channels on a big screen that way?

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Anyone know if it is possible to hook my iPad to my HDTV through HDMI using Apples digital AV adapter and watch the Extra Time channels on a big screen that way?

It may depend on the specifics of the app. I know a lot of people say that you can't use Amazon's streaming service using the digital AV cable, but a lot of the other major players work. Many digital AV cables promise "mirroring" but reviewers say that it isn't "true" mirroring since not everything can be reproduced on the big screen. When my own digital AV cable arrives this evening I will try out Live Extra and let you know if I can get it to work. Let me go check the front door, it may be there now...

Man, this is one of the lamer things Dish has done. I can get dropping a channel because they want more money. I can get dropping or not carrying a channel because you don't have space for the amount of viewers.

But in this case they can't even come up with a plausible excuse. "It was too last second" is both untrue and irrelevant to their not carrying it beyond the first week or two.

I'm used to Dish presenting things in tricky corporate language ("Record [up to] six programs [on certain channels at certain times]") to put them in the best light for the company. Everyone does that. But I'm not so used to them just making up things that are known to be untrue because there is no real reason that is even spinnable.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I tried airplay from my iPad apps to TV through Apple TV. It is working fine. Picture quality is better than SD. So i am ok without extra time.

It may depend on the specifics of the app. I know a lot of people say that you can't use Amazon's streaming service using the digital AV cable, but a lot of the other major players work. Many digital AV cables promise "mirroring" but reviewers say that it isn't "true" mirroring since not everything can be reproduced on the big screen. When my own digital AV cable arrives this evening I will try out Live Extra and let you know if I can get it to work. Let me go check the front door, it may be there now...
I just tested out the NBC Sports Live Extra app with my iPad 2 and my new "Cable Matters" cable (a knockoff of Apple's digital video adapter cable for HDMI) and it works just fine, but through screen mirroring, not as a built in feature of the app, as you get when you use your "Videos" app. Just note that you may need to tweak your TV's zoom and stretch settings to get it to fill the screen. I was happy to discover that it works and the PQ is very very good. It will be interesting to see if the PQ is good on Saturday.

One more tip, use a shorter HDMI cable to ensure that the TV can properly interact with your iPad on matters of resolution so that all of your zoom and stretch options are available to you. I could only get the screen size right when I used a six foot cable rather than my 20 foot cable.

I sent an email, and opened a chat with a DISH CSR and told them that, after 16 years as a subscriber, and a current T250 one, this pack of lies has me mad enough to pull the plug on them.

Any hope Dish takes NBC Sports to any of the Latino packages? I am currently on Latino Max. I made the move a couple of years ago to enjoy more soccer at a lower price.

Has anyone yet heard or emailed corporate?

I did but not had a reply. I also emailed them again with some other concerns about false information on the social media platforms.

I emailed support through the Dish website for verification on this whole thing, and they have not yet replied. I guess they don't mind losing a 10+ year customer paying over $135 per month.

I am tired of Dish now. I was ready to change a couple of months ago, but got a Hopper and was assured that all NPL games would be showed on Dish. This is false information. And as far as I know they also didnt sign up to show FOX Sports 1, so now the championsleague is gone as well.

I am tired of Dish now. I was ready to change a couple of months ago, but got a Hopper and was assured that all NPL games would be showed on Dish. This is false information. And as far as I know they also didnt sign up to show FOX Sports 1, so now the championsleague is gone as well.

That last sentence of yours is false information as they have agreed to show Fox Sports 1&2

People are complaining about this on Dish's facebook still and of course Dish is giving out wrong information.

Thank you for this information. Many of the EPL games will be broadcast on existing Dish channels such as NBC, NBC Sports, CNBC, USA, Telemundo and mun2. NBC recently made the decision to broadcast other EPL games on channels that Dish does not currently carry. Subsequently, Dish does not have the capacity to carry these extra channels on such short notice. I apologize for any frustration this causes you! -Cheri T. Like · about an hour ago

This is from the Dish Network Support Forum around 2 pm today:

[h=3]Re: NBC's Premier League Extra Time Channels[/h] by Zach S. » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:49 pm
A solution is being worked to have the games on Extra Time delivered to live TV in the future. For now you will need to use dish anywhere or the NBC Live Extra app.

So, my question is what exactly does Dish mean by "in the future?" -- Next week, next month, next year???

Communication is so key in all aspects of life...it certainly seems that Dish and their representatives continue to fail when attempting to provide clear, helpful information.

This is from the Dish Network Support Forum around 2 pm today:

[h=3]Re: NBC's Premier League Extra Time Channels[/h] https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?p=34175#p34175by Zach S. » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:49 pm
A solution is being worked to have the games on Extra Time delivered to live TV in the future. For now you will need to use dish anywhere or the NBC Live Extra app.

So, my question is what exactly does Dish mean by "in the future?" -- Next week, next month, next year???

Communication is so key in all aspects of life...it certainly seems that Dish and their representatives continue to fail when attempting to provide clear, helpful information.

Don't blame the messenger. DIRT can only share information that has been shared with them and approved to be disclosed to the general public.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I apologize that I do not have more details about when the future is but we will share all updates as we receive them.

I can see the confusion in our Facebook post (DIRT monitors Facebook and Twitter for those who were not aware of this). Games will be shown on the channels referenced in our post. I am just a causal soccer fan but I believe this will happen on the last day of the EPL season when all games are required to be played simultaneously but I could be mistaken. For now any game that is scheduled to appear on Extra Time will need to be watched via www.dishanywhere.com or the NBC Live Extra app, as long as you subscribe to the America's Top 250.

I apologize that I do not have more details about when the future is but we will share all updates as we receive them.

I can see the confusion in our Facebook post (DIRT monitors Facebook and Twitter for those who were not aware of this). Games will be shown on the channels referenced in our post. I am just a causal soccer fan but I believe this will happen on the last day of the EPL season when all games are required to be played simultaneously but I could be mistaken. For now any game that is scheduled to appear on Extra Time will need to be watched via www.dishanywhere.com or the NBC Live Extra app, as long as you subscribe to the America's Top 250.

I'm sorry, I wanted to just let this go, but I couldn't. In their communication, Dish CSRs or DIRT referenced the mass coverage of the ONE game day out of the whole season for the EPL (the last day) during which all games are played at once and shown on as many outlets as possible (just like Fox did the last two years) to intentionally mislead readers into thinking that more games were going to be shown on those channels on opening weekend and throughout the season than actually will appear be shown to make them think they were missing less by missing out on Extra Time. Isn't that like me telling my kids in February, "We'll ALWAYS have lots and lots of presents of all kinds, Always, Always, Always" based on the fact that one day out of the year we go nuts and give them lots presents... specifically Christmas? The way those channels were thrown out there without clarification was clearly intended to make readers believe that each week (or at least on opening week) those games that are on Extra Time would also be shown on all those other channels. Does nobody care that we all eventually figure out that they're lying and it just hurts the organization's credibility?! What did I say in my previous post about what we will and will not tolerate with regards to honesty? This was some wicked spin and cruel dishonesty on DIRT's part, Zach. I have to say it.

Hey, just be glad they didn't say it would be "soon".

I'm sorry, I wanted to just let this go, but I couldn't. In their communication, Dish CSRs or DIRT referenced the mass coverage of the ONE game day out of the whole season for the EPL (the last day) during which all games are played at once and shown on as many outlets as possible (just like Fox did the last two years) to intentionally mislead readers into thinking that more games were going to be shown on those channels on opening weekend and throughout the season than actually will appear be shown to make them think they were missing less by missing out on Extra Time.
I believe Zach was hypothesizing that they would only show games on CNBC and USA on the final day of the season. There were (are still?) questions about how NBC will broadcast some of the games. So I don't think Dish is trying to pull wool over people's eyes, with regards to the listing of the channels. They just may not be well (competently?) informed. NBC can show the games on any channel they want, so it is possible that at some point games will be on CNBC and USA. But that isn't the case for at least the first three weeks.
Isn't that like me telling my kids in February, "We'll ALWAYS have lots and lots of presents of all kinds, Always, Always, Always" based on the fact that one day out of the year we go nuts and give them lots presents... specifically Christmas? The way those channels were thrown out there without clarification was clearly intended to make readers believe that each week (or at least on opening week) those games that are on Extra Time would also be shown on all those other channels. Does nobody care that we all eventually figure out that they're lying and it just hurts the organization's credibility?! What did I say in my previous post about what we will and will not tolerate with regards to honesty? This was some wicked spin and cruel dishonesty on DIRT's part, Zach. I have to say it.
Dish is lying about the "short notice". I don't think Dish is lying about the other channels for broadcasting, they are just clueless. And don't dog pile on DIRT. Be glad that there is at least someone here to actually converse on the record. Good luck with that with another company (of course the other companies have Extra Time, so they wouldn't need to).

Hey, just be glad they didn't say it would be "soon".
And don't dog pile on DIRT. Be glad that there is at least someone here to actually converse on the record. Good luck with that with another company (of course the other companies have Extra Time, so they wouldn't need to).

Fair point. I very much appreciate DIRT and all that they do. Perhaps I am not as well informed about where some of these "answers" are coming from and who is disseminating them since they are popping up on a variety of sources. DIRT has mentioned that they "monitor" social media, so that certainly doesn't mean that they are the ones writing the stuff that shows up there. I apologize to you, DIRT, for directing my comments unfairly at you specifically. I'm thinking of whoever was using the answer of "we'll be showing games on all these channels..." in response to the complaints. I felt like the way that generic response was worded was intended to make people think that the channels that Dish carries were going to show more games on a regular basis than they actually were and that you wouldn't be missing much by not getting Extra Time. That was my perception of the way some of those statements were crafted. But looking back at where those statements came from and who they were attributed to, I don't think DIRT was the source. I think it was social media writers and CSRs perhaps, and DIRT was put in the position of explaining some of those poorly crafted responses.

So thanks for clearing that up, Yespage, you made an excellent point and I'm glad you posted it. DIRT, and especially Zach, please accept my apology for wrongly pinning some of those statements on you, that did not actually originate with you. Whether those statements were meant to be misleading or not is completely beside the point.

Dish is a joke. Con job. Maybe if these Extra Time channels had commentators from Boston they would add them. I'm beyond irate. I had to choose between EPL matches or Redzone channel. There was no way I was paying for 250 and Multi-Sport since the only difference is Redzone. I'm paying close to $150 a month because my parents like to have an international package. I chose EPL because I love football and will watch Packers games on stream anyways (I live close to Chicago so I get Bears coverage yuck). I was so excited because I can watch any match at any time. Sure United will usually be shown on NBCSN but I like to watch some of the lower side teams when United isn't on.

Now I find this crap out? My god this is pathetic. If DirecTV offered better Polish channels or Dish lost some of them, I would switch without even thinking twice. I've been a Dish member for close to 13-15 years, and what do they do? They spike my Multi-Sport price from $7 to $11 within a year. They only offer NBCSN on 250. They only offer Redzone on Multi-sport. EVERYTHING else is the same, except you get HD NBA and NHL for 250 so its actually better. Not only that, I get no offers to get a free hopper, yet someone who signs up today has a chance to get one (if that deal is still going). It's absolutely stupid and I pray every day that DirecTV adds more Polish channels so my parents will want to make the switch.