NBC's Premier League Live Extra Time

I am so glad that I am not the only one annoyed about this whole situation. I do not think Dish have done a very good job at handling this situation. Dish is not being open and honest with its customers on the social media platforms all you are seeing is generic replies which too me is not helping the customer. I mailed corporate last year about dish not carrying the free 3d feed from NBC from the Olympics which I had the same excuse of not enough capacity. This seems too be a normal reply from Dish. Why does the nations biggest satellite tv company claim not too have enough capacity when its biggest rival can carry those channels?

You need too offer the same as your rival and beat them at there game. It just makes me feel dish's board is incompetent and is headed in the wrong direction if I was a shareholder I would be at the AGM asking for the board too resign.

Its simple we the customer send so much money every year with Dish without us you are nothing. I don't want too see generic answers on social media I want too hear I am sorry I don't know let me find out for you let me take your issue too the top. If it means me hearing Dish does not want to carry those channels as we don't see the interest or we are not earning revenue from it so be it. Subscribers will vote with there feet.

I would leave Dish tomorrow for Directv but sadly I can't get line of sight from my house. I am left with the option of only TWC cable. If I can get it confirmed that they will be offering the channels in my area then I guess its good bye dish.

If ESPN does get blacked out I can see this being worse then the AMC fun we had last year.

I feel Directv seems too have a better direction then Dish.

Fair point. I very much appreciate DIRT and all that they do. Perhaps I am not as well informed about where some of these "answers" are coming from and who is disseminating them since they are popping up on a variety of sources. DIRT has mentioned that they "monitor" social media, so that certainly doesn't mean that they are the ones writing the stuff that shows up there. I apologize to you, DIRT, for directing my comments unfairly at you specifically. I'm thinking of whoever was using the answer of "we'll be showing games on all these channels..." in response to the complaints. I felt like the way that generic response was worded was intended to make people think that the channels that Dish carries were going to show more games on a regular basis than they actually were and that you wouldn't be missing much by not getting Extra Time. That was my perception of the way some of those statements were crafted. But looking back at where those statements came from and who they were attributed to, I don't think DIRT was the source. I think it was social media writers and CSRs perhaps, and DIRT was put in the position of explaining some of those poorly crafted responses.

So thanks for clearing that up, Yespage, you made an excellent point and I'm glad you posted it. DIRT, and especially Zach, please accept my apology for wrongly pinning some of those statements on you, that did not actually originate with you. Whether those statements were meant to be misleading or not is completely beside the point.

If Dish management had half the competency of these DIRT members we wouldn't be faced with cluster Fuchs like this time after time. Free channels to add for your customers when you have a history of taking them away? I would think most providers best case scenarios would be to add channels at no extra cost to themselves. My worst case scenario for this issue was that they were going to put the Extra Time Channels in the Multi Sports Pack, but never thought that they wouldn't be carrying the channels.....crazy!

As I mentioned in the official Dish Forum, speaking with a Direct TV CSR earlier, they've noticed a spike in calls from Dish subscribers in the last few days and are planning to offer more goodies for us to jump ship. He seemed well aware of this epl debacle Dish has put us through. Maybe the extra goodies is just a way of making me call back soon, but that Genie and the Genie Go sure looks enticing. Before this crap i had no interest or no knowledge of Direct's new equipment.

Dish is a joke. Con job. Maybe if these Extra Time channels had commentators from Boston they would add them. I'm beyond irate. I had to choose between EPL matches or Redzone channel. There was no way I was paying for 250 and Multi-Sport since the only difference is Redzone. I'm paying close to $150 a month because my parents like to have an international package. I chose EPL because I love football and will watch Packers games on stream anyways (I live close to Chicago so I get Bears coverage yuck). I was so excited because I can watch any match at any time. Sure United will usually be shown on NBCSN but I like to watch some of the lower side teams when United isn't on.

Now I find this crap out? My god this is pathetic. If DirecTV offered better Polish channels or Dish lost some of them, I would switch without even thinking twice. I've been a Dish member for close to 13-15 years, and what do they do? They spike my Multi-Sport price from $7 to $11 within a year. They only offer NBCSN on 250. They only offer Redzone on Multi-sport. EVERYTHING else is the same, except you get HD NBA and NHL for 250 so its actually better. Not only that, I get no offers to get a free hopper, yet someone who signs up today has a chance to get one (if that deal is still going). It's absolutely stupid and I pray every day that DirecTV adds more Polish channels so my parents will want to make the switch.

Let's see, one post, can anyone say troll!!! There seems to be a lot of that in this thread....

Let's see, one post, can anyone say troll!!! There seems to be a lot of that in this thread....
I'm not trolling, I've lurked this site for a while. I'm 100% serious. Dish continually lets me down but their offering of foreign Polish channels is why I haven't left yet.

Not sure why you've come to that conclusion, sounds like another disappointed Dish subscriber like many others here, including myself. We pay good money each month only to be taken for granted by Dish. I personally hope for improvements from Dish, especially with this matter but the clock is ticking (see my post in the Direct forum). I'm sure you would not like others here to draw unsubstantiated conclusions about you, eg Dish fanboy..... we're just trying to hold Dish accountable, it'll only make them a better company.

I understand some are pissed off especially at dish reasoning of no capacity or short notice. They have so much space blocked to empty alt channels. Heck I see 2-3 espn alt channels with no programming. So don't give that.

But the subs need to be happy also. You still have other means to watch your fav team. Using NBC online or their app provided you have at250. I don't believe previous seasons were like that.

My disappointment is in that NBC & dish couldn't get this channel in atleast at200 if not in at120 package getting more subs to watch it.

Just because you see 20 or 30 ALT channels in the guide for espn and rsn's etc.. doesn't mean those are actual empty available channels. They are just placeholders in the guide listings. There are only a few actual channels that get remapped around when needed on game days.

Just because you see 20 or 30 ALT channels in the guide for espn and rsn's etc.. doesn't mean those are actual empty available channels. They are just placeholders in the guide listings. There are only a few actual channels that get remapped around when needed on game days.
Between 10 AM and 12 PM, there usually is nothing taking up those spaces.

Between 10 AM and 12 PM, there usually is nothing taking up those spaces.

I know, there is usually some college football games on around 11am once conference play starts up.

I'm just saying that everyone has been talking like there are all these vacant channel spaces, when in actuality there are not. I agree, Dish could put some or all of these up, but for whatever reason have chosen not too (I watch the games, but I don't know how many actual overflow games are involved here, I'm not a hard core fan of any team, I just like to watch since its in the morning and there is nothing else on then).

In this day and age it also isn't that hard to plug a tablet or laptop into a tv and watch the stream on the TV instead too, if you have a decent 6mb or higher internet service

I know, there is usually some college football games on around 11am once conference play starts up.

I'm just saying that everyone has been talking like there are all these vacant channel spaces, when in actuality there are not. I agree, Dish could put some or all of these up, but for whatever reason have chosen not too (I watch the games, but I don't know how many actual overflow games are involved here, I'm not a hard core fan of any team, I just like to watch since its in the morning and there is nothing else on then).

In this day and age it also isn't that hard to plug a tablet or laptop into a tv and watch the stream on the TV instead too, if you have a decent 6mb or higher internet service

Today we are looking at 4 games for a 2 hour slot from 10am EST too 12pm EST. So your looking at least 5 channels with a 2 hour window space on a Saturday morning during off peak ours.

Once again if your biggest rival along with quite a few cable companies then something is wrong with Dish and it shows that dish is being run by morons.

Despite all the complaints about not having Extra Time, and I am one who has complained as well, I must admit I am happy to at least have access to NBC Live Extra. I will enjoy the "overflow" games on my computer and iPad and connect to TV if necessary. At least there's that, for now. I hope the situation changes and I can be recording these extra games in the future, but I AM thankful for the online access.... (and FS1 & FS2).

Despite all the complaints about not having Extra Time, and I am one who has complained as well, I must admit I am happy to at least have access to NBC Live Extra. I will enjoy the "overflow" games on my computer and iPad and connect to TV if necessary. At least there's that, for now. I hope the situation changes and I can be recording these extra games in the future, but I AM thankful for the online access.... (and FS1 & FS2).

Me too. I air played Liverpool game from iPad to TV through Apple TV for testing, the quality was almost HD. I am happy that at least we have access to NBC Live Extra.

Once in a while ESPN may force a game at 11 AM Eastern, but typically all the college football starts at Noon. Plenty of room for EPL between 10 AM and Noon.

(There may be a few weeks in the fall when differing Daylight Savings rules cause an overlap of EPL and Noon football games ... otherwise plenty of room between the ALT Sports and Sports PPV channels.)

Once in a while ESPN may force a game at 11 AM Eastern, but typically all the college football starts at Noon. Plenty of room for EPL between 10 AM and Noon.

(There may be a few weeks in the fall when differing Daylight Savings rules cause an overlap of EPL and Noon football games ... otherwise plenty of room between the ALT Sports and Sports PPV channels.)

I was referring to Fox and the FSN's which use the HD ALT channels. Big 12 football has 11am Central Time starts. However with the launch and movement of games from FX and FSN to Fox Sports 1 and Fox, there may not be as many early games on FSN using the ALT channels this year.

I was referring to Fox and the FSN's which use the HD ALT channels. Big 12 football has 11am Central Time starts. However with the launch and movement of games from FX and FSN to Fox Sports 1 and Fox, there may not be as many early games on FSN using the ALT channels this year.
OK, using Central Time the overflow EPL games would be 9AM - 11AM. Looking forward to Dish figuring this out and getting those extra games carried.

Anyone heard anything?? I got a stock letter back from Dish Care, which made it sound as if I was requesting 1 channel, even though I explained the whole "extra time" and "live extra" concept in my original email. I've been researching the competition, and it sounds like for my area (Chicago suburbs) the best option is DirecTv. I've got Uverse and Comcast in the house for broadband, but they are either missing channels I want, or the channels are in SD.

Anyone heard anything?? I got a stock letter back from Dish Care, which made it sound as if I was requesting 1 channel, even though I explained the whole "extra time" and "live extra" concept in my original email. I've been researching the competition, and it sounds like for my area (Chicago suburbs) the best option is DirecTv. I've got Uverse and Comcast in the house for broadband, but they are either missing channels I want, or the channels are in SD.

Not a single reply from corporate.
My final conclusion is dish don't care. Its rivals do.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)