NBCs still there on 103?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

DiscoLoveGrapes

Zero Transponder Founded
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 14, 2005
Twin Cities, MN
I tried picking up the S2 NBC channels on 103West Ku tonight, hoping to record the Chuck premiere, but came up empty-handed. Are they still around?

Lyngsat seems to think otherwise, but that might just be over-zealous editors...

I don't know. I don't have a big enough dish for most of the S2 channels, but NBC Sat channels are still on 72W. I watched Chuck there last night on NBC channel 1.

Watched Jay last night on 103 in HD (1.2 M dish in BC). You need to check the "List" on this site for the updated transponders. Unfortunately no one gave the updates to Lyngsat. Since Lyngsat is in Europe, he relies on us to give him updates. Keep in mind, once you get the S2 signal on 103, you still have to deal with the four channel audio and the screaming fast bit-rate for video.

Last edited:
Just checked for that on 103W: 11760, 11840 & 11880H, SR 29997 were all good.

I'm using a fixed DirectPC dish, 36"x21" size, with original scalar feed & Hughes C120 lnb. Signal Q was 70-75% on all 3 tps.
I have the Lnb skewed -46.9 degrees, not the dish.

Last edited:
Skew the LNB, this one is off by about 27 degrees. I recommend a dedicated fixed dish.
I kinda like the multiple audio channels - automatic commercial mute. (most of the time)

Just checked for that on 103W: 11760, 11840 & 11880H, SR 29997 were all good.

I'm using a fixed DirectPC dish, 36"x21" size, with original scalar feed & Hughes C120 lnb. Signal Q was 70-75% on all 3 tps.
I have the Lnb skewed -46.9 degrees, not the dish.

Thanks for that! I've gotten the s2 on there before, and even the 422 back in the day. I might just have had to tweak it a little more -- it can be pretty touchy on the 31" dish.

The 422 days were kind of fun because they'd run programming 2 hours earlier.

Status
Please reply by conversation.