NBC's The Brave

Bodo Fenrirsson

On Vacation
Original poster
Jul 21, 2009
Grovetown,GA
I watched this last night. I'm waiting for CBS' SEAL Team & CW's Valor to see how this show compares. I was trying to figure out where i saw the male lead actor before, & then i remembered that he was on CBS' the Dome. The show seemed ok to me. I have a bone or two to pick with this show, but I realize that they have to follow politically correct considerations in this show("SEAL Team 'Chick'"), so I'll hold my opinion for now(I also want to see if CBS' "SEAL Team" has a "SEAL Team 'Chick'"). Anything else that I have to say about that, I'll reserve for the Pit.

Out of "the Brave," "Seal Team," & "Valor," I honestly believe that "the Brave" will be the first canceled. My initial impression of this show is that it seems lightweight. I don't think that there is any depth in the acting or the script.

This sortof reminds of when the networks went with sci fi serials about 12 years ago. Surface (Lake Bell) on NBC, Invasion (William Fichtner) on ABC and Threshold (Carla Gugino) on CBS. Surface had it’s full 12 episode season only to never to return, Invasion lasted one full season and was cancelled and Threshold was canceled by Thanksgiving. Or more recently with music themed programming on the cable channels. Vinyl on HBO lasted one season, Roadies on Showtime lasted one season, Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll on FX lasted 2.

Will the trio of military dramas be any different? Before Mike Vogel played our hero Barbie on Under The Dumb, he was Deputy Shelby on Bates Motel. Max Thieriot, who played Norman Bates’ half-brother stars in SEAL Team. And while not a Military show, Freddie Highmore, Mr. Norman Bates himself is staring in The Good Doctor on ABC. The Bates Motel alum did pretty good for themselves.

I watched The Brave, I’m not totally sold on it. I may give SEAL Team a shot only for Thieriot. I have no plans to watch Valor. When I read the info for the upfronts in the Spring, I didn't envision any of them lasting long term.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts