Falling Skies - TNT

Ah, OK. I tend to not use Dish Pass much at all, hence I didn't think of that. Any particular downside to using Dish Pass?

Not really to many downsides . You can select the channel you want it to stay on, like 138 TNT. You can select HD preference and limit it to how many episodes you want to save, as well as traditional new or all episodes. The only downside I've seen, is that sometimes the show title is too long to fit in and you end up with only the first two words and you don't get the whole title, which means no accuracy for the timer . For example : "Two guys , a girl and a pizza place" would never work because it is too long a title to fit in the limited space.

I watched the premier last night and it looks pretty good. But the first hour of the premiere had more ads than I think I've ever seen, things settled down in the 2nd hour.

Now to see if it can draw enough audience. The lack of any current discussion about it makes me wonder...

It was a fairly decent premiere in my estimation. We'll see how things go in the upcoming weeks.

Hopefully they do a good job of defining the rules of the game (it wasn't clear to me why in some instances the aliens chased humans, while in others there was no meaningful pursuit).

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I watched the premiere but cannot figure out the show yet. It will take a few more episodes.

Is it going to be centered around the family life of the father and 2 sons with the doctor being a possible romance interest of the father and the older son with his girlfriend (with a possible love triangle with the gal from the bad guys)?

Will it be centered on battling the aliens back via guerrilla tactics?

Will be become a survivalist show with just a few humans, constantly on the move, fighting and scavenging?

It is too hard to tell right now.

I predict cancellation due to the subject matter. It is Sci-Fi and it won't make it on TNT, much less Network tv. Besides do we need to watch the same plot every week? The aliens are trying to kill us and we are trying to fight back. Sounds like the original V and even the newer version too. It will get old fast.

Hopefully the story line and characters will jell, but you are right, scifi is a tough road to hoe. SciFi fans are very ardent and usually quite vociferous, but are they the 18-49 year old market that all the content providers want? Generally no. SciFi is new to TNT, it might have been a better fit to pitch it to BBCA these days, as they are doing a fair bit of SciFi successfully now.

Hopefully the story line and characters will jell, but you are right, scifi is a tough road to hoe. SciFi fans are very ardent and usually quite vociferous, but are they the 18-49 year old market that all the content providers want? Generally no. SciFi is new to TNT, it might have been a better fit to pitch it to BBCA these days, as they are doing a fair bit of SciFi successfully now.

TNT tried in the past, they picked up the last year of Babylon 5.

whats its time slot going to be? iirc its right after leverage, that should help it get started

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts