NCAA 2013 Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
College Football gets interesting this week when #2 Oregon plays #5 Stanford on Thursday and #1 Alabama plays #13 LSU on Saturday.

1 and 2 have tough games, #3 Fla St. plays Wake Forest and # Ohio State has a week off.

IF Stanford beats Oregon, does Stanford then jump Ohio State, and how far down does Oregon drop ?

IF Stanford does beat Oregon, does that make Ohio State drop to #5 ?
With Oregon staying ahead of OSU even with a loss ?
Stanford also has a loss.
Does Ohio State move up to 3 and Stanford and Oregon follow them ?

SoS vs. Oregon's is killing us. Plus the whole lets rank all the teams before the season starts and they get to hold that position no matter what. We are gaining int he polls voting though, and our only other way would be if we could get to #2 in human polls with an Oregon stumble. Im not worried about it, if we go undefeated and win our bowl game, its lot better than where we were 5 years ago. Jimbo has really turned things around.

If Oregon loses Im pretty sure itll be Bama, FSU and OSU 1-3.

Unless Bama loses. I still have the tiniest bit of fading hope. ;)
1395993_10151751989461336_128813229_n.jpg

Unless Bama loses. I still have the tiniest bit of fading hope. ;)

I think Bama will lose once ... then still be high enough to make the top 3, although #3 doesn't do them any good.

Curious, if the top 4 Stay that way thruout the season, Bama plays Oregon (well say) , however FSU would Not play OSU ... this seems wrong.

That said, IF Oregon ends up #3, OSU and Oregon will probably play one another, due to the Big 10/ Pac 8/10/? commitments.

Wow, Thomas was the do everything guy for you last year.

He was the problem last year too - they just announced today he would still be the QB for VT which is sad. The outcome of the game against Miami will fall on him not to turn the ball over, if he can not do that then they will win but if he turns the ball over even just once its game over I'm afraid. The defense VT has is just too damn good but they can't do it all and Miami knows this, so does FSU whom is watching closely at who they will match up in the ACC title game and that will be either Miami again or VT.

Pretty dumb...

Latest thing I saw was:

Bama vs Ducks

FSU vs Mich State (WTF!)

OSU vs Stanford

Explanation ...

Bama vs Ducks

MNC game

OSU vs Stanford
Big Ten / Pac 10 commitment (long time at that).
Top Big Ten and Top Pac 10 teams available, not going to the MNC game.

FSU vs Mich State (WTF!)
Next top Big Ten team available ?
Don't forget there are unfortunately alot of contractual commitments between conferences.

Then again, alot may change before then.

Ohio State could get beat in the Big Ten Championship game against MSU.

Btw, where did you see this ?

Yeah, I knew the why, just think it sucked. Kinda like how we had to play NIU in the Orange Bowl last year. Several sites are already laying it out with the current weeks records, and then update weekly. This was from Tomahawk Nation I think.

Explanation ...

Bama vs Ducks

MNC game

OSU vs Stanford
Big Ten / Pac 10 commitment (long time at that).
Top Big Ten and Top Pac 10 teams available, not going to the MNC game.

FSU vs Mich State (WTF!)
Next top Big Ten team available ?
Don't forget there are unfortunately alot of contractual commitments between conferences.

Then again, alot may change before then.

Ohio State could get beat in the Big Ten Championship game against MSU.
2014 BCS at-large Choosing Order (after Championship game, and replacement picks) - Orange, Sugar, Fiesta

Basically it would go like this:

Championship Game - Alabama vs. Oregon
Sugar - gets first replacement pick as it loses it's anchor (Alabama) as the #1 team - They'll pick another SEC team
Rose - gets second replacement pick as it loses an anchor (Oregon) as the #2 team - They'll likely pick Stanford who would face Ohio St.
Orange - gets first at-large pick. They'll pick the best available non-SEC or non-Pac12 (due to there being 2 teams already from those conferences) to face FSU.
Sugar - gets second at-large pick. They'll pick the second best available non-SEC or non-Pac12 to face the SEC team they've already chosen. After the Orange takes the highest available pick, the Sugar will have a choice of the former Big East Champ or the highest ranked of the non-BCS conference teams.
Fiesta - They get the last at-large pick. They'll be stuck with the team that the Sugar doesn't pick to face the Big 12 Champ.

I don't see the Orange Bowl taking Michigan St, not when the Big 12 runner-up is bound to be higher ranked.

The Big 12 has a lot of tough matchups for those teams still, so they could drop in the polls while a Big 10 team rises. OU/Baylor tonight and the Sooners still have to come to Stillwater and OSU still has Baylor, OU and Texas on the schedule. I think Baylor still has OSU, Texas and Texas Tech. So I could see the Orange taking someone else by the time the Big 12 teams finish beating up on each other

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olympic Men's Hockey

Happy Anniversary Mr. Kraft!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)