NCAA 2013 Football Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The payout goes to the conference which disperses the funds to the member institutions, with the participating bowl member getting a slightly larger portion from their bowl, however they still have to cover those tickets. Those tickets end up making going to Bowls a losing or break even proposition to many schools.

We were talking about the proliferation of meaningless bowls, not just the soon to die BCS. Yes the Big 5 conferences are making money in the end because of the pooling of the payouts, otherwise some of them would lose money. OU on their own would have barely made money at the Cotton bowl last year, if they had to cover the ticket losses that Florida had. Travel expenses for team, staff, band, cheerleaders etc. was almost $2 million.

That sucks. Hate to see these guys get injured.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Sure its going to hurt..like any other team but you have to have depth some where. JC Coleman just wasn't what he should have been last year nor do any Hokie fans see that this year being any different. Everyone wants Trey to play the starter spot as his talents far exceed JC's just lacks the experience in college games. The loss of Roger is prob the least issue they should have to deal with from the amount of returning starters and big/fast guys they have stepping in from behind the rest on defense.

Nope not going to use this at all as any type of excuse for losing this game, if VT loses it falls back on the coaches. Win or lose I just want to see a good well played and well officiated game that some BS call like in the Sugar Bowl a few years ago screws someone over.

I am so sorry about my prediction of bama and tech game. It's not going be like the bama/Michigan last year.....it's going to be worse!
Tech better take a left when they get to Charlotte and head straight for the beach:)

I am so sorry about my prediction of bama and tech game. It's not going be like the bama/Michigan last year.....it's going to be worse!
Tech better take a left when they get to Charlotte and head straight for the beach:)

lol well ya never know... anything can happen on any given saturday ;)

Sure its going to hurt..like any other team but you have to have depth some where. JC Coleman just wasn't what he should have been last year nor do any Hokie fans see that this year being any different. Everyone wants Trey to play the starter spot as his talents far exceed JC's just lacks the experience in college games. The loss of Roger is prob the least issue they should have to deal with from the amount of returning starters and big/fast guys they have stepping in from behind the rest on defense.

Nope not going to use this at all as any type of excuse for losing this game, if VT loses it falls back on the coaches. Win or lose I just want to see a good well played and well officiated game that some BS call like in the Sugar Bowl a few years ago screws someone over.

Don't know if you can simply put it all on the coaches.. Teams way better than vtech have lost to Alabama, and its not just because of coaching. They simply have more talent per capita on that team then any in the nation. At least over the last 3-4 years or so (college is cyclical of course)

not that it means much but the AP pole is out
I have my reserves about this poll, I see a bunch of spots dropping for a bunch of teams after just the first game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1

#1 Alabama
#2 Ohio State
#3 Oregon
#4 Stanford
#5 Georgia
#6 S. Carolina
#7 Texas AM
#8 Clemson
#9 LouisVille
#10 Florida
#11 Florida St
#12 LSU
#13 Okl St.
#14 ND
#15 Texas
#16 Oklahoma
#17 Michigan
#18 Nebraska
#19 BoiseST
#20 TCU
#21 UCLA
#22 N.Western
#23 Wisc
#24 USC
#25 OregonSt
#26 Mich St.
#27 Baylor
#28 Virginia Tech
#29 Miami Fl
#30 Arizona St.

Georgia or Clempson will drop. And likely Bama will knock VPI out of the rankings. Any of the other top teams play each other the first week?

Georgia or Clemson will drop. And likely Bama will knock VPI out of the rankings. Any of the other top teams play each other the first week?

Lol well yeah Georgia will likely lose and drop after getting beat by Clemson they just look really good this year. I'm a VT Fan so I'm going to pull for them in this game right from the 50 yard line where my seats are at, behind my team so who knows what will happen. North Carolina looks good, they may knock off S. Carolina...be fun to watch either way.

It will have to be, that's all we will be able to obtain under the current system.

Hahaha hahaha, on all three.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Clemson just looks a ton better than Georgia so should be easy pick. VT vs Bama.. well yeah they are a major underdog to the returning NC but hey the upset of #1 in the first week has happened before so ya never know - remember (any given saturday anything can happen ;) ), and North Carolina brings back a bunch of starters with a vet QB that can really hurt you.

How does Clemson look better than Georgia?

Anything can happen, but I'll bet you will be 0-3.

not that it means much but the AP pole is out
I have my reserves about this poll, I see a bunch of spots dropping for a bunch of teams after just the first game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/rankings/_/poll/1

#1 Alabama
#2 Ohio State
#3 Oregon
#4 Stanford
#5 Georgia
#6 S. Carolina
#7 Texas AM
#8 Clemson
#9 LouisVille
#10 Florida
#11 Florida St
#12 LSU
#13 Okl St.
#14 ND
#15 Texas
#16 Oklahoma
#17 Michigan
#18 Nebraska
#19 BoiseST
#20 TCU
#21 UCLA
#22 N.Western
#23 Wisc
#24 USC
#25 OregonSt
#26 Mich St.
#27 Baylor
#28 Virginia Tech
#29 Miami Fl
#30 Arizona St.

When did we go from the Top 20 to the Top 25 and now Top 30 ?

When did we go from the Top 20 to the Top 25 and now Top 30 ?
Others receiving votes. They're still only doing 1-25.

• Others receiving votes: Michigan State 95, Baylor 92, Virginia Tech 86, Miami (FL) 85, Arizona State 53, Kansas State 43, Fresno State 36, Vanderbilt 19, Washington 17, Northern Illinois 16, Ole Miss 11, Utah State 8, Georgia Tech 6, Cincinnati 3, Arizona 3, North Carolina 3, Penn State 2, Brigham Young 1
Plus it was the only way he could get VPI into the list ;)

Others receiving votes. They're still only doing 1-25.

Plus it was the only way he could get VPI into the list ;)

why do you keep referring to them as VPI?? I mean Its a norm for it to be Virginia Tech as the football team and VPI as the school itself. Not once do they refer to it as VPI during games or tv discussions but no that wasn't the reason for the top 30 list I just went down a list of 30 vs 25 as that is what I saw on another tab not the link I provided - I could have gone down the list thru 40 but stopped at 30.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olympic Men's Hockey

Happy Anniversary Mr. Kraft!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts