NCAA College Basketball 2009-10 Season

Carolina's non-conference strength of schedule is 146 out of 347 D-1 schools. Miami? 309 out of 347! :eek:

Schedule somebody already...

Sandra

Carolina didn't play at Miami this year, but has in the past, and there's always a healthy dose of Carolina blue in the crowd there.

It's well-known Miami is a very under-supported school. It just is.

Sandra

Because it is a private school with something close to 14,000 students. As compared Florida State, which has 49,000 sudents....and UF, which has 49,000+ students.

Hell, even your favorite Florida university, FIU, has 40,000+ students.

They should show their 'tons of community support' by going to games. ;)
"Community Support" doesn't always translate into people going to Basketball games.

Unfortunately for my Yellow Jackets, the Bulldogs pretty much own the state of Georgia in fan numbers. Yet, the Dawg's basketball fans don't exactly rock Stegman University, and the Jackets constantly fill up the Tit.

Miami may not own the State of Florida, but they do own the Miami area for Div 1.
As well, there are more Miami fans at Miami/North Carolina games.

Now if UNC has so much "community support", why is there football attendance a joke in off years?

Now if UNC has so much "community support", why is there football attendance a joke in off years?
That was uncalled for. Maybe it's cause we're not like South Carolina fans who have nothing better to do than watch their team lose week after week, year after year. At some point dedication becomes delusion.

"Community Support" doesn't always translate into people going to Basketball games.

Unfortunately for my Yellow Jackets, the Bulldogs pretty much own the state of Georgia in fan numbers. Yet, the Dawg's basketball fans don't exactly rock Stegman University, and the Jackets constantly fill up the Tit.

Miami may not own the State of Florida, but they do own the Miami area for Div 1.
As well, there are more Miami fans at Miami/North Carolina games.

Yep! Excellent post!:up

Tommy Mason-Griffin poetically declared for the draft on Facebook:

Yeah, I think he's gotten all he can from higher education. ;) :D

NewsOK
Oklahoma's a mess right now. They lost Blake Griffin this year, and were awful as a result. Now this, and I hear that Willie Warren may be set to bounce too, and they just got busted for a player getting paid off by an agent. Can you say probation?

Big post-season for the A-10. Two teams in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen, and two teams in the NIT final four. And I really thought that without John Calipari or John Chaney to pull the wagon, that that conference was doomed.

AP All American Team has been announced

John Wall - Kentucky
Scottie Reynolds - Villanova
Evan Turner - Ohio St
Wesley Johnson - Syracuse
DeMarcus Cousins - Kentucky

AP All American Team has been announced

John Wall - Kentucky
Scottie Reynolds - Villanova
Evan Turner - Ohio St
Wesley Johnson - Syracuse
DeMarcus Cousins - Kentucky

Nice. I don't know if KY has ever had two on the same team before.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)