NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Given Auburn's poor offense, and with Pat White cleared to play, I wouldn't be stunned if it's a blowout:

49-17.

I think WV may win, but I'm not so sure about a blowout. CU beat WV this year, and they're not exactly the cream of the crop in the Big12. But, you never know, teams like WV love playing SEC teams and get fired up. Something to prove for them I guess.

Anyone care to make another case for Texas Tech not being legit?

Everyone hates on the Red Raiders (or, as mccoy called them, the PaRaiders), but they keep winning.

Even if they lose to Texas or Oklahoma, that's a less embarassing loss than USC.

Losing to one of the top teams in the country or an unranked team? What's worse?

USC is ranked TOO HIGH!

Sabres,

Texas Tech doesn't have a signature win. They beat up on cupcakes (Eastern Washington, Nevada, Southern Methodist, Massachusetts, Kansas State, Nebraska and Texas A&M).

Sorry Sabres, but they haven't even played a ranked opponent yet! This is probably the reason why many doubt this team. These next 4 weeks should go a long way in determining the legitimacy in this team though. Talk to me in 4 weeks after they play.......

October 25th- @ No. 23 Kansas
November 1st- vs. No. 1 Texas
November 8th- vs. No. 6 Oklahoma St.
November 22nd- @ No. 4 Oklahoma

Sabres,

Texas Tech doesn't have a signature win. They beat up on cupcakes (Eastern Washington, Nevada, Southern Methodist, Massachusetts, Kansas State, Nebraska and Texas A&M).

Sorry Sabres, but they haven't even played a ranked opponent yet! This is probably the reason why many doubt this team. These next 4 weeks should go a long way in determining the legitimacy in this team though. Talk to me in 4 weeks after they play.......

October 25th- @ No. 23 Kansas
November 1st- vs. No. 1 Texas
November 8th- vs. No. 6 Oklahoma St.
November 22nd- @ No. 4 Oklahoma

Agreed.

I'll say it flatly. Texas Tech is a huge fraud.

Their current ranking is deserved as any team from a BCS Conference(sans the Big Least) being undefeated at this point would be rightly ranked in the Top 10.

My guess is 4 losses in the 4 Games listed above and a 5th loss in a minor bowl game.

Texas Tech reminds me of Kentucky during the Hal Mumme days.:)

My take, PSU by more than 10. Key is to get ahead early, yep I will say it, OSU can not play from behind. They just don't have the passing game with Pryor. 11, did you hear that, 11 attempts last game. Michigan State could not stop the run. Bucks better have a gameplan to throw at leat 20 times against PSU. I don't know what you guys are watching but, Tress doesn't trust T.P. to throw that ball yet except on quick outs, and for good reason. His downfield throws have just been ugly, if not for some really good receivers that can come back for balls that are 7 yards short his passing stats would be god awful. For now they are just sucky.

So Jmbo, you actually bleieve that OSU just getting by a pretty bad Wisconsin team, on the last drive, after putting the ball on the turf twice and getting a bit lucky with the Badger defense somehow not being ready on that last T.P. run, (which everyone it seems except Wisc knew was coming) was just as good a victory as PSU destroying them. Hmmmmm.
Sounds like a bunch of wishful thinking to me.
Offense edge PSU
Defense edge PSU
Homefield OSU, be happy that you have it, on a neutral field, spread would be 10.
Looks like Temple beat Ohio....Hmmmmmmm.
I'll say it, you played one decent team thus far and got creamed.
Okay, you say we PSU has not played a good team yet, I guess we will see that result on Saturday.

How many times has PSU beat OSU in the last 10 years ?

Jimbo, more specifically, how many times has Penn State has beaten the Buckeyes in Columbus in the last 10 years??

A: ZERO! As a matter of fact, you would have to go all the way back to 1978 since the Ninny Lions last beat the Buckeyes in C-Bus. :D

More interesting stats.....

The Lions have lost 10 straight on the road to AP Top 25 opponents dating to Oct. 12, 2002. Two of those losses have been to No. 1-ranked Ohio State teams.

Ohio State has won 12 of its last 13 conference home games against ranked opponents.

Sabres,

I'd rather be a fan of a team that beats cupcakes than a team that CHOKES on cupcakes *cough* USC *cough*

IIRC, didn't your Buckeyes have a soft schedule in 2002? Other than Michigan, who did they beat that can be considered impressive? Illinois? Cincinnati? The MAC?

Agreed.

I'll say it flatly. Texas Tech is a huge fraud.

Their current ranking is deserved as any team from a BCS Conference(sans the Big Least) being undefeated at this point would be rightly ranked in the Top 10.

My guess is 4 losses in the 4 Games listed above and a 5th loss in a minor bowl game.

Texas Tech reminds me of Kentucky during the Hal Mumme days.:)
I couldn't have said it better myself. The only question is whether or not TT cheats like Hal Mumme did. Either way they are nothing but a glorified flag football team. That ref in the LSU-South Carolina game plays better defense than Texas Tech does.

I've seen Texas Tech play a couple of games now, and I have to agree with Sabres on this one. Texas Tech can play with anyone in the country.

Does that mean that I think the Red Raiders will win the MNC? Hell no.

There's no way that they get through the gauntlet of Kansas, Texas, Okie St and Oklahoma undefeated. BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if they split those four games, which will render any "fraud" talk foolish.

I'd rather be a fan of a team that beats cupcakes than a team that CHOKES on cupcakes *cough* USC *cough*

IIRC, didn't your Buckeyes have a soft schedule in 2002? Other than Michigan, who did they beat that can be considered impressive? Illinois? Cincinnati? The MAC?

Sabres, the Dillon Panthers and the Cleveland Cleavage would be more of a challenge to TT than the current scrubs they've played so far!

BTW, my Buckeyes beat several ranked team en-route to their impressive 14-0 National Championship Season in 2002.....

No. 7 Washington St.
No. 10 Penn St.
No. 11 Michigan
No. 1 Miami

I think it might be safe to say I am the most cursed of all the sports fans on this site.

I know that HD has lived through Cleveland's long drought, but the Buckeyes did win it all title in 2002.

Me, OTOH- NOTHING! Four Super Bowl losses and the Sabres rip my heart out countless times in the playoffs.

I've seen Texas Tech play a couple of games now, and I have to agree with Sabres on this one. Texas Tech can play with anyone in the country.

Does that mean that I think the Red Raiders will win the MNC? Hell no.

There's no way that they get through the gauntlet of Kansas, Texas, Okie St and Oklahoma undefeated. BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if they split those four games, which will render any "fraud" talk foolish.

Down side --Texas Tech plays this week at Kansas and Kansas' homecoming. Also downside, I'm rooting for Kansas. Upside Texas Tech's Defense and running attack has improved and Kansas defense has declined. Still, there is KUs 150 lb quarterback. This could be wild. Remember, but for a couple of homer calls early in the game, Oklahoma and Kansas scores would have been even at the end of the game.:D

It has been 10 years since any of my teams won anything and that was 1998 Kentucky Wildcats.

Down side --Texas Tech plays this week at Kansas and Kansas' homecoming. Also downside, I'm rooting for Kansas. Upside Texas Tech's Defense and running attack has improved and Kansas defense has declined. Still, there is KUs 150 lb quarterback. This could be wild. ...
Over-under on that game might be 100+.

It has been 10 years since any of my teams won anything and that was 1998 Kentucky Wildcats.

But you have more titles overall- Cincinnati's 1975, 1976, and 1990 World Series champs, plus the Redskins' three Super Bowls, and Kentucky's two national titles in basketball.

But you have more titles overall- Cincinnati's 1975, 1976, and 1990 World Series champs, plus the Redskins' three Super Bowls, and Kentucky's two national titles in basketball.

Yeah you are right, except you forgot a few. :D
Cincinnati - 1919 & 1940
Kentucky - 1948, 1949, 1951, 1958, and 1978

Just read a mind boggling stat.......

Colt McCoy has an 81.2% completion percentage, which is highest in CFB!

The highest QB completion percentage in the NFL is Kurt Warner with 70%, then Trent Edwards with 69.7%.

My take, PSU by more than 10. Key is to get ahead early, yep I will say it, OSU can not play from behind. They just don't have the passing game with Pryor. 11, did you hear that, 11 attempts last game. Michigan State could not stop the run. Bucks better have a gameplan to throw at leat 20 times against PSU. I don't know what you guys are watching but, Tress doesn't trust T.P. to throw that ball yet except on quick outs, and for good reason. His downfield throws have just been ugly, if not for some really good receivers that can come back for balls that are 7 yards short his passing stats would be god awful. For now they are just sucky.

So Jmbo, you actually bleieve that OSU just getting by a pretty bad Wisconsin team, on the last drive, after putting the ball on the turf twice and getting a bit lucky with the Badger defense somehow not being ready on that last T.P. run, (which everyone it seems except Wisc knew was coming) was just as good a victory as PSU destroying them. Hmmmmm.
Sounds like a bunch of wishful thinking to me.
Offense edge PSU
Defense edge PSU
Homefield OSU, be happy that you have it, on a neutral field, spread would be 10.
Looks like Temple beat Ohio....Hmmmmmmm.
I'll say it, you played one decent team thus far and got creamed.
Okay, you say we PSU has not played a good team yet, I guess we will see that result on Saturday.

You are correct, they are NOT a good passing team yet. Pryor only throws shorty passes normally, Tressel does not have confidence in the passing game yet.

Strangely, Wisconsin was a pretty good team in most peoples eyes till they played OSU and PSU.

fwiw, if the Bucks can win with only throwing 10 passes a game, that's GREAT, I would be thrilled.
Pryor is still VERY young, he's only played what 5 games now ?
He will make mistakes, like all young QB's, he'll also make some jaw dropping plays....
He reminds me of Troy Smith in his first year, almost exactly .... If thats the case, they will be very good next year and the year after.

Jimbo

Well, a quick look at the schedule reveals that they played
Texas Tech and won 45- 21
They beat a then ranked # 7 Washington State 25-7
They beat a # 10 Penn State 13-7
# 11 Michigan 14-9 and
a # 1 Miami 31-24

edit: Sorry HD MM, I posted this before I went all the way thru the thread, you posted the same thing earlier.

Jimbo

Last edited:

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)