NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Thoughts on the early Saturday Games:

4. Good timing for Rich Rodriguez to finally sign the contract.

5. Survivor SEC votes LSU off the island. :)

Richrod finally sign that contract ?
He ought to be happy they didn't pull the contract off the table by now :eek:

Survivor SEC votes LSU off the island. :)

I don't care what anyone says, THAT's FUNNY !!!!! :D:D:D

Jimbo

Well since TEXAS is the number 1 team in the nation! Maybe not after today's embarrassing win!:mad: Since they are still playing in the state of TEXAS i really don't see the road game being that big of a problem? Hopefully Texas plays like we all know they can and leave Lubbock with a WIN!:up Anyway great win today. Good LUCK the next three weeks, because this is what great teams dream about!

HOOKEM HORNS!!!:hungry:

Embarrassing win ????:confused:

28-21 against a # 6 team, thats not embarrassing ...

Jimbo

Thoughts on the early Saturday Games:

4. Good timing for Rich Rodriguez to finally sign the contract.

5. Survivor SEC votes LSU off the island. :)

Kuddos to both of those statements - I needed the laugh.
laughing.gif

Embarrassing win ????:confused:

28-21 against a # 6 team, thats not embarrassing ...

Jimbo
From what I learned from watching my Longhorn friends, they don't particularly care for Okie St., or respect them for that matter. To not throttle them in a victory is embarrassing to them.

What a year for Rich Rodriguez;

First loss to a MAC team in school history

First loss to Penn State this century (Last loss prior to last week came in 1996)

First loss to Michigan State in seven years

I will be the first to say this- they will LOSE in Minnesota! Michigan has not lost there since 1976- this HAS to be the year.

When is Rich-Rod going to realize that a Big-East playbook doesn't work in the Big Ten?

I just got the fire started , have plenty of beer and munchies :)

I'm ready to go ...

Too bad we can't have a pregame show between the two games instead of the "Insiders" Entertainment tonight type of thing.

Guess I can watch a bit of the Tennessee / Alabama game ... this one may get ugly.

Jimbo

Here's an interesting stat:

Navy did not ATTEMPT one single pass in their 34-7 win over SMU.

They ran for 404 yards, including one guy carrying 42 times for 224 yards and 4 touchdowns.

They are the epitome of winning boring- at least the Spurs shoot three-pointers!

I'll set the over/under: 5 pass attempts in the Army/Navy game

P.S. June Jones is wishing he had never taken the SMU job. What a completely stupid move!
(Hawaii DID beat Fresno State)

Florida St. beats Virginia Tech.

Updated ACC standings:

ATLANTIC
Maryland..............3-1
Florida St..............3-1
Boston College.....2-2
Wake Forest........2-2
Clemson..............1-3
NC State..............0-4

COASTAL
Virginia....................3-1
Georgia Tech...........3-2
North Carolina.........2-2
Virginia Tech............2-2
Miami......................2-2
Duke.......................1-2

I like what is going on with The U's very young team. They are slowly starting to learn how to win. A confidence building 3 game winning streak and in today's game, a 9th different freshman scored a touchdown on offense. This team WILL be competing for a National Championship within 2 years. AND next's years class is actually ranked BETTER than this years. They will win the ACC next year and be in the running for the WHOLE damn thing the year after that....;):D:cool::up

I just got the fire started , have plenty of beer and munchies :)

I'm ready to go ...

Too bad we can't have a pregame show between the two games instead of the "Insiders" Entertainment tonight type of thing.

Guess I can watch a bit of the Tennessee / Alabama game ... this one may get ugly.

Jimbo
Good luck to your Buckeyes Jimbo, but I have a feeling they won't need it at home in the shoe. PSU will go down tonight. ;)

when you have the biggest bullseye in the nation, and you're facing a number six ranked team, how in the world can a win be called embarrassing. maybe it wasn't the easiest game in the world, but the longhorns got it done.

P.S. June Jones is wishing he had never taken the SMU job. What a completely stupid move!
Maybe. But Hawaii treated Jones like he was a PE coach. He got paid nothing out there, and their facilities were crap. It's hard for me to see how anyone could grow tired of living in Hawaii, but if going 12-1 doesn't get you some respect from your bosses nothing will.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)