NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Maybe. But Hawaii treated Jones like he was a PE coach. He got paid nothing out there, and their facilities were crap. It's hard for me to see how anyone could grow tired of living in Hawaii, but if going 12-1 doesn't get you some respect from your bosses nothing will.

I've visited Hawaii many times, and I lived in Dallas almost 10 years. Believe me when I say Jones is a complete idiot for taking the SMU job. :D

when you have the biggest bullseye in the nation, and you're facing a number six ranked team, how in the world can a win be called embarrassing. maybe it wasn't the easiest game in the world, but the longhorns got it done.
Your almost correct, the Buckeye's have the biggest bullseye on them ... for several years now.

Your almost correct, the Buckeye's have the biggest bullseye on them ... for several years now.
That is the point when you are one of the elite teams year after year!!! You always have a Bullseye on your back! Only people who have played,watched and lived with these teams understand this!!:up

Bucks vs. Penn St.: Pregame Thoughts

A few thoughts before the big game....

1. Interesting note: PSU's QB (Daryll Clark) is from Ohio. OSU's QB (Terelle Pryor) is from Pennsylvania.

2. The Nittany Lions haven't won in Columbus since 1978. Will the drought continue?

3. Will Joe Pa be on the field or in the booth?

4. This is Penn State's toughest opponent so far. OSU has been tested. There is no reason for a letdown by the Bucks.

5. While there's still a few inter-conference games left, this game should likely decide the Big-Ten Title. If OSU ends up winning the Conference, it will be the first time in conference history that the same team has won it outright 3 consecutive years!

6. We know Beanie Wells is a big game player (146 yds, 7.4 ypc, 1 TD in NCG against LSU last year). The question is, how will the freshman QB, Terrelle Pryor react to such a huge game?

7. Should be a good game. Vegas has set the line at Penn St. (-2).

8. Watching Gameday, Lee Corso said that he has never lost his pick when he has put on a Buckeye head. Corso proceeded to pick OSU and put on the Brutus head. Good Karma to follow? We shall see.

9. Pennsylvania and Ohio has always had a great inter-state rivalry going. This PSU/OSU game is starting to become a OSU/Michigan-Lite matchup.

10. This game has HUGE implications. The winner of this game will not only win the Big Ten, but will also make a great case for going to the National Championship Game in Miami.

LET'S GET IT ON! HANG ON SLOOPY! GO BUCKEYES!

A few thoughts before the big game....

1. Interesting note: PSU's QB (Daryll Clark) is from Ohio. OSU's QB (Terelle Pryor) is from Pennsylvania.

2. The Nittany Lions haven't won in Columbus since 1978. Will the drought continue?

3. Will Joe Pa be on the field or in the booth?

4. This is Penn State's toughest opponent so far. OSU has been tested. There is no reason for a letdown by the Bucks.

5. While there's still a few inter-conference games left, this game should likely decide the Big-Ten Title. If OSU ends up winning the Conference, it will be the first time in conference history that the same team has won it outright 3 consecutive years!

6. We know Beanie Wells is a big game player (146 yds, 7.4 ypc, 1 TD in NCG against LSU last year). The question is, how will the freshman QB, Terrelle Pryor react to such a huge game?

7. Should be a good game. Vegas has set the line at Penn St. (-2).

8. Watching Gameday, Lee Corso said that he has never lost his pick when he has put on a Buckeye head. Corso proceeded to pick OSU and put on the Brutus head. Good Karma to follow? We shall see.

9. Pennsylvania and Ohio has always had a great inter-state rivalry going. This PSU/OSU game is starting to become a OSU/Michigan-Lite matchup.

10. This game has HUGE implications. The winner of this game will not only win the Big Ten, but will also make a great case for going to the National Championship Game in Miami.

LET'S GET IT ON! HANG ON SLOOPY! GO BUCKEYES!

2. Hope Not

3. Booth

6. Prior says these are the games he loke to play in the most .... we'll see :)

9. Penn State has not been good consistantly enough to be the same type rivalry, yet....

Jimbo

Interesting backstory on the Navy/SMU game with Hawaii ties.

Navy Coach Ken Niamatolo is from Hawaii and was an assistant at UH with former Navy Coach Paul Johnson at Hawaii in the late 80's-early 90's(Bob Wagner was the Hawaii coach).

Niamatolo was also an assistant at Arizona under Dick Tomey(who coached at Hawaii before going to UA).

Neither Wagner nor Tomey were big fans of June Jones and some of his antics at Hawaii(Johnson was a candidate for the UH Coaching Job when Jones was hired, Tomey was a candidate for the UH AD job near the same time).

There may have been more than just winning in mind for Niamatolo against Jones.

Well we gave Texas points on two turnovers and couldn't get points off their two mistakes. Better than letting them come back and win like we have the last few years, I guess. Unfortunately I find myself having to cheer for a school from Texas next week and it is about to kill me:yikes. I can normally stomach cheering for Texas A&M because it is Thanksgiving but to have to cheer for Texas Tech next week is really going to be difficult, but something will really have to freeze over before I cheer for the shorthorns:devil:

Both defenses are dominating this game. Big Ten football at it's best.

At halftime:

OSU: 3
PSU: 3

It's going to take a turnover or a big play (execution) for either team to score.

Buckeye's D* is playing better than I expected, didn't expect them to put this much pressure on Clark.
Hope they keep it up in the 2 nd half.
Prior has not taken off running yet ..... and he hasn't just run if the pass is not there, he's growing .... s.... l....o.... w.... l.... y

Jimbo

Both defenses are dominating this game. Big Ten football at it's best.

At halftime:

OSU: 3
PSU: 3
And you wonder why the Big Ten has the reputation it does. :rolleyes: I'm enjoying the field goal kicking contest between Alabama and Tennessee more.

What's funny is I think that Brent Musburger and and Kirk Herbstreit and having kill more dead air time than the people on FOX who are still waiting for the WS game to begin. :haha

And you wonder why the Big Ten has the reputation it does. :rolleyes: I'm enjoying the field goal kicking contest between Alabama and Tennessee more.

What's funny is I think that Brent Musburger and and Kirk Herbstreit and having kill more dead air time than the people on FOX who are still waiting for the WS game to begin. :haha

So your not a fan of GREAT Defense ?
Both these teams are playing stellar D, each team has made one mistake on D.

I'll take a good Defensive game over a 45-38 game anytime

Jimbo

not a fan of GREAT Defense ?
Both these teams are playing stellar D, each team has made one mistake on D.

I'll take a good Defensive game over a 45-38 game anytime

I'll bet you must have loved that Auburn/Mississippi State 3-2 borefest.

If Ohio State wins this game, college football fans outside of Columbus (and 1 in New Jerswy) will all be saying, "Not them again! Dear god, not Ohio State AGAIN! What does it take to keep them out of a the BCS title game!"

Jimbo, HD, Sandra- I'm sorry, but I am finding Ohio State to be.... how do I say this... annoying?

I thin ABC could stand for:

Anyone
But
Columbus in the BCS

I like you three guys, but I want somebody else representing the Big 10 in the BCS.

If Ohio State wins this game, college football fans outside of Columbus (and 1 in New Jerswy) will all be saying, "Not them again! Dear god, not Ohio State AGAIN! What does it take to keep them out of a the BCS title game!"

Jimbo, HD, Sandra- I'm sorry, but I am finding Ohio State to be.... how do I say this... annoying?

I thin ABC could stand for:

Anyone
But
Columbus in the BCS

I like you three guys, but I want somebody else representing the Big 10 in the BCS.

YES we know , you have been COMPLAINING about this since I've KNOWN YOU.

Who again is YOUR team and where do you live ???

So, do you feel that Penn Stste is playing that much better than the Bucks that they would be your choice.... as you see it's a very good D on BOTH sides.
Of course you all will figure a SEC team would run all over them of course, see PSU plays very good D too. It's the BIG TEN, you don't win in the Big 10 without D.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)