NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

It seems like a lot of teams have quit on the season. Props to Penn St for actually playing hard when they've got something on the line.

I think Paul said he was going to a wedding today.

My response was, "what Michigan native approves a wedding date of November 22nd?"

Paul went on to say the kid getting married was a Michigan St. alumn...... Woops! (Bet he never thought this MSU/PSU game would be of any significance.)

Unfortunatly, it's NOT of significance, 28-7 at the half. :eek:

Jimbo

I'm embarassed. That was a gutless effort by Carolina. They could lose to dook next week playing like that. At least John Bunting knew how to beat State. Butch is now 0-2. We just went from possible ACC CG and Orange Bowl to Humanitarian Bowl in about week. Hooray! Thank God for basketball!

No offense, but that is the problem with UNC football.

In September, Penn State was making most headlines for their arrests and off-the-fiels troubles.

I thought they might be Team Turmoil- college football's equivalent of the Cowboys.

My, how things changed.

Jimbo, where will you be making your early-January reservations should Penn State win?

Glendale? New Orleans? Orlando?

I'm thinking it won't be a BSC game, that would leave it to Orlando, isn't that where the Citrus Bowl is ???

My buddy thinks that the Bucks will drop in the polls even thou they won today.

(like I said along time ago, they polls are a popularity contest and NO one likes OSU because they played poor in the last two so they will get punished for the next several years)

That said, it's unbelievable, but Oklahoma has played just as poorly in thier last several BSC games but NO ONE talks about that ...

They lost 48-28 last year to WV.
They lost to Boise State who no one would have thought 2 years ago.
Didn't make a BSC game the previous year.
Lost to USC 55-19 the year before that.

Jimbo

Syracuse wins! Sounds like a riot is about to break out in South Bend. The sick thing is that even at 6-6 ND will get invited to the Gator or Cotton Bowl. God they suck!

Michigan's loss to Toledo just became less embarassing.

IMO, Syracuse's biggest win since their 66-point mauling of Miami in 1998 to win the Big East title.

even at 6-6 ND will get invited to the Gator or Cotton Bowl.

COTTON BOWL?!

anders, that ain't happening.

The Cotton Bowl would much rather have a combination of LSU/Georgia/Ole Miss against either Texas/Texas Tech/Oklahoma/Oklahoma State/Missouri.

I read somewhere that the Cotton Bowl has an option to take ND and that they said they would take them no matter what because of their delusional fan base. The only bowl game they deserve to go to is something awful like the GMAC Bowl or the Independence Bowl. But no, they will play on New Year's Day anyway.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)