NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

He's not that type of guy. If he says it's a game time decision, it's a game time decision. If I'm Wells, I take a needle, pills and do anything you can do to play this game. It's a "toe" for crying out loud! It's not a ligament, muscle or bone. It's a sore toe! WTF!

Really man, just cut the damn thing off if it's bothering you! What a wuss - not NFL material at all. ;)

He's not that type of guy. If he says it's a game time decision, it's a game time decision. If I'm Wells, I take a needle, pills and do anything you can do to play this game. It's a "toe" for crying out loud! It's not a ligament, muscle or bone. It's a sore toe! WTF!
Wells probably saw some game film of USC and said "Those guys are good. Coach I'm not feeling so well."

I know anders hasn't hyped them up yet, but it's a chance to see if the Tar Heels can start on the road to becoming respectable again. Back then, they would have been a shoo-in for BCS at-large multiple years.

Since Mack Brown left, the Tar Heels football program has had only two great victories- pounding Florida State in 2001, and upsetting Miami in 2004 (sorry, Salsa )

HD, Jimbo how do you compare the anticipation of this game to the #1 vs. #2 OSU/Michigan game from 2006.

And where's Sandra? She's a fan of OSU, yet I haven't heard from her in weeks. You think she'd be jacked up for this game and!

Heck, she hasn't even talked about F*v*e!

Last edited:
and your an OSU fanboy point?

My dislike for OSU comes from how much overhype they seem to get and have not deserved. They got put in their place 2 years in a row, Id be really pissed if they made it again against say an SEC team, and get creamed again. Reminds me of the bills/cowboys series. Gets boring watching a team be beat over and over.

LSU only played one game, OSU had two so far. When LSU does its second game we can compare them.

We will see after this weekend though if OSU will even be in the running.

And if Ohio State goes this year and plays a SEC team (bowl game) and Wins, will you quite bitching about it ?

Lsu was great one year, Florida was great the next year, How doeas that make LSU great in BOTH years ?
You SEC fans seam to like to jump on the winning team in your conference's shirt tails and take credit for the win.
Ohio State at least was good enough to get there the last two years, more than we can say about ANY SEC team.

Jimbo

I know anders hasn't hyped them up yet, but it's a chance to see if the Tar Heels can start on the road to becoming respectable again. Back then, they would have been a shoo-in for BCS at-large multiple years.

Since Mack Brown left, the Tar Heels football program has had only two great victories- pounding Florida State in 2001, and upsetting Miami in 2004 (sorry, Salsa )
I wish Mack Brown would go back!

HM,
Do me a favor, stand up from your computer and lean one way or the other, what happens to your toes. Now try to move quickly, then make a cut one way or the other, Now , do you see how much your toes have to do with your balance and ability to push off or make a cut ?

I hope he's much better by game time, I am sure they will shoot it up with something to numb the area, hopefully it's enough.

Jimbo

Wells probably saw some game film of USC and said "Those guys are good. Coach I'm not feeling so well."

Hardly, the Trojans would LOVE to have this guy .... then they would not have a backfield by committee going on in SoCal.
For that matter all teams would like to have him.

Remember guys, alot of these players were recruited by BOTH schools.

Jimbo

HD, Jimbo how do you compare the anticipation of this game to the #1 vs. #2 OSU/Michigan game from 2006.

Difference being that these teams are across the country, I think a lot of the resentment about OSU/ Mich was the fact that no ine other than the two school areas cared because it didn't involve them.
Much like a Yankees / Mets WS would be, no one outside of the area cares.

This game is not be touted as much as I thought it would be, but with Wells being a maybe, alot of the luster is taken off of the game.
It would be nice if both teams were at full strength, even USC is fighting injuries on the D side.

For those saying that one player should not matter, just look at the teams in the NFL now, how do the Pats look without Brady, can you imagine where Indy would be with out Peyton.

Jimbo

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)