NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Let's hope the Ohio St. hype is finished once and for all. They're like the Buffalo Bills used to be. Every time they get into a big game you just know they're going to get flattened. And what does it say about the Big Ten that Ohio St has owned that conference for the past several years?

I'm so glad that USC blew Ohio St out early in the season so we don't have to listen to people pump them up for four months. This team is no different than last years' team. The difference is that last year Ohio St ducked the competition all year until they met LSU.

The Bucks did not duck anybody last year, they played thier schedule.

Ohio State can still win the big ten and be in the talk by the end of the year, if they get things straightened out.

Jimbo

Kind of like your Tar Heels once were.

From 1995-2000, they made four Final Fours, yet could not win their national semifinal game.

That's completely different. Teams EARN their way into the FF in basketball. They're not placed there by pollsters and computers. Nobody disputes the outcome of the NCAA Tournament. Ohio St relys on media hype to get where they have.

That's completely different. Teams EARN their way into the FF in basketball. They're not placed there by pollsters and computers. Nobody disputes the outcome of the NCAA Tournament. Ohio St relys on media hype to get where they have.

Well we've all been waiting for a playoff system for years now, but I bet some how thats Ohio State's fault too.

Well we've all been waiting for a playoff system for years now, but I bet some how thats Ohio State's fault too.
It sort of is. The Big Ten, and specifically the president of Ohio St, are the most adament opponents of a playoff.

So ....... Who's your answer ?

Don't say LSU, your not going to say LSU are you ?

Jimbo

I'm not that presumptuous to have an answer for that, or to say USC will be in the MNC. As much as I'd like to say LSU, I can't. :( Check out some of my posts this week where you'll see why.

I do think that Kirk is spouting off again when he shouldn't. I remember him saying how "greatest of all time" OU was a few years back, and that bit him in the arse. I remember him adamantly saying that tOSU and Michigan should be playing in the MNC a couple of years ago, then they both got their asses handed to them in following bowl games. I remember him saying that Florida didn't belong in the MNC a couple of years ago. He goes on and on and on. You'd think he'd learn to keep his mouth closed because anything can happen in college football. Last year was proof of that. :)

...The first half was dominated by the officials, 1 Buckeye touchdown and another big play inside the 5 would have made it much more interesting, but the officials decided to call penalties when ever the Bucks made a big play .... thats the pathetic PAC 10 officials for you, they now have a reputation for making calls like that between tonight and the previous few weeks...
Jimbo

Now that all the sports media can officially put them in the MNC, look for it to get even worse.

Oklahoma followed by possibly Missouri.

Jimbo

After watching Missouri highlights, I might have to agree with you. USC, Oklahoma, Florida, Missouri, and Georgia would be my top 5 picks, not necessarliy in that order.

Where do you think tOSU will drop to Jimbo? I say to 10th, then they will gradually climb the rest of the season. You never know where they'll wind up in the end.

Last edited:
I'm not that presumptuous to have an answer for that, or to say USC will be in the MNC. As much as I'd like to say LSU, I can't. :( Check out some of my posts this week where you'll see why.

I do think that Kirk is spouting off again when he shouldn't. I remember him saying how "greatest of all time" OU was a few years back, and that bit him in the arse. I remember him adamantly saying that tOSU and Michigan should be playing in the MNC a couple of years ago, then they both got their asses handed to them in following bowl games. I remember him saying that Florida didn't belong in the MNC a couple of years ago. He goes on and on and on. You'd think he'd learn to keep his mouth closed because anything can happen in college football. Last year was proof of that. :)

Now that all the sports media can officially put them in the MNC, look for it to get even worse.

After watching Missouri highlights, I might have to agree with you. USC, Oklahoma, Florida, Missouri, and Georgia would be my top 5 picks, not necessarliy in that order.

Where do you think tOSU will drop to Jimbo? I say to 10th, then they will gradually climb the rest of the season. You never know where they'll wind up in the end.

I'm guessing the Bucks drop to about 12, maybe worse.

Jimbo

Remember when I said that Georgia looked shaky against South Carolina?

Their opponent next week, Arizona State, just LOST to UNLV! (UNLV is a basketball school, mainly)

Not exactly the best way to prepare for the Bulldogs!

ya'll sure give Jimbo a lot of flack for standing behind his team, I can't blame him , i too stand behind my team and yes i'm one of those that supports all the SEC teams when they play.

Jimbo , you mentioned Ohio State can still win the Big Ten , but i watched several of those teams play today and it will be tough going , cause there are several teams playing very good right now.

and all the hype USC will get but i will be the one who goes against the grain, they will probably lose one game maybe two several teams they have to play are currently those on / off teams so you never know which team will show up to play USC. they looked good tonight but that was only after the game wasn't close and they didn't need any more help.

even the teams from the SEC played flat today

hopefully my team will gain some experince and grow enough so when we get to face Alabama or Texas we don't play the Spread defense like we did last year with Missouri :D

so heres the question for you if you picked the teams in the poll by the way they played how would they rank?

I think this sums it up. :D

t1_osusign.jpg

The QB for Wisconsin is cramping up like a mother with only a 13-10 lead in the 4th! Looks like both hams and calves went. He's on the ground with his teeth and fists clinched, poor guy.

ya'll sure give Jimbo a lot of flack for standing behind his team, I can't blame him , i too stand behind my team and yes i'm one of those that supports all the SEC teams when they play.

Jimbo , you mentioned Ohio State can still win the Big Ten , but i watched several of those teams play today and it will be tough going , cause there are several teams playing very good right now.

and all the hype USC will get but i will be the one who goes against the grain, they will probably lose one game maybe two several teams they have to play are currently those on / off teams so you never know which team will show up to play USC. they looked good tonight but that was only after the game wasn't close and they didn't need any more help.

even the teams from the SEC played flat today

hopefully my team will gain some experince and grow enough so when we get to face Alabama or Texas we don't play the Spread defense like we did last year with Missouri :D

so heres the question for you if you picked the teams in the poll by the way they played how would they rank?

You need to read our posts a little more carefully. :D

Now that most games are completed, and I've had a chance to see highlights, here is my final top 10 prediction for this week:

1. USC
2. Oklahoma
3. Florida
4. Missouri
5. Georgia
6. LSU
7. Texas
8. Wisconsin
9. Alabama
10.Texas Tech

I guess the role of BCS buster is left to BYU and Utah.

I think they'll both be undefeated when they collide in a mega matchup on the 22nd.

Michigan-Ohio State will be just another game that day; BYU-Utah will be THE GAME!!!

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts