NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

I see Penn State either:

A. Winning the Big 10

B. Playing in the Rose Bowl

C. Make a BCS game

They are THE best offensive team in the Big 10, IMO. This may be the best Nittany Lions team since 1994, IMO!

2005 wasn't exactly chopped liver! But oh, '94 that was a good ol time! Illinois shouldn't be a problem, Wisconsin and Ohio State (all pumped up again with Pryor (The Traitor)), we shall see. But this moment, right now, looking like easily the best scoring team in the Big 10, which of course might not be saying much.

I'll take a look at LSU's remaining opponents:

Florida in the Swamp- I think it could go either way, depending on the Bayou Bengals QB situation and an ability to stop Florida's playmakers.

South Carolina- That does not look like such a hard opponent (As you saw in the Vandy game)

Georgia- It all depends on pass-rushing Stafford and keeping Moreno from running wild.

Tulane- This will be a breather- LSU could play the entire game blindfolded, as far as I'm concerned.

Alabama- mccoy and other LSU fans will be jacked up to boo the hell out of Saban; I think you'll need to be more concerned with my 'Sabre Points' to victory:

1. Keep Coffey under wraps (he's as fast as the hockey player whom mccoy remembers from the Penguins)

2. Poke some holes in the Bama defense

3. Force the QB to beat you.

Ole Miss- Play smart and tough on defense, stop the QB, and you'll stop Ole Miss (as Vandy showed)

Troy- I'll set the over/under for winning margin at 55

Arkansas- The last few games against the Hogs have been brutally hard. For once, LSU will have an easy game.

As RockMNation put it, Bama got their win "thanks to the Casey Dick Experience, which continues to give underprivileged defensive backs the chance to live out their dreams and return picks for touchdowns."

You forgot Kentucky. ;):D

This could be the year.

Yeah because teams playing Troy, Umass and Buffalo deserve all the attention. :rolleyes:

And the Pac-10 sucks as bad as the Big Ten, see Arizona State and Oregon.

Get Talent, get speed, get coaching and than maybe people will pay attention.

My team has ALL of the above, and people ARE paying attention, teams struggle a bit when they start a freshman QB, Center and have the star RB out for 3 weeks at a time.

Jimbo

Sabres, you may be right. If you remember, before the season I said the worst case scenario would be 8-4 with loses to UCLA, Florida, Auburn, and Georgia. I don't think anyone knew that Alabama would be top 10 in Saban's 2nd year, or that Vandy...VANDY...would be ranked. I see only three sure (if there is such a thing) wins the rest of the season. That means three more wins would have to come against Alabama, South Carolina, Vandy, or Kentucky just to make it to 7-5. Oy Ve! Tennessee is quickly becoming a mid-level team in the conference.

In 2 weeks Vandy will not be ranked anymore, and I have not looked at thier schedule yet.

Jimbo, If I were you, I'd be making reservations for Tampa (and I ain't talking about the Steelers).

IMO, the Buckeyes are bound for the Outback Bowl.

Wisconsin, Penn State, Illinois, Michigan State- good luck against that murderers row of opponents.

Wisconsin and Ohio State (all pumped up again with Pryor (The Traitor)), we shall see.

Care to explain the Traitor quote ?

Just because he lives in PA doesn't mean he has to go there,
There are plenty of Michigan players from Ohio.
Just because his dad wanted him to go there doesn't mean he has to go there either.
He NEVER said he was going to PSU.

btw, Wisconsin will beat them too.
OSU should be a good game going either way.
Aern't you glad your last QB has moved on ?

Jimbo

I see Penn State either:

A. Winning the Big 10

C. Make a BCS game

They are THE best offensive team in the Big 10, IMO. This may be the best Nittany Lions team since 1994, IMO!

I'm not sold on Penn State. They haven't played anybody yet. When the team with the best record you've played so far is 1-AA Coastal Carolina, your OOC schedule is pathetic. Then there's Temple and Syracuse, 'nuff said, and an Oregon State team that lost to Stanford.

Beating Illinois on Saturday would be a step towards legitimacy.

Jimbo, If I were you, I'd be making reservations for Tampa (and I ain't talking about the Steelers).

IMO, the Buckeyes are bound for the Outback Bowl.

Wisconsin, Penn State, Illinois, Michigan State- good luck against that murderers row of opponents.

I'm making reservations for Brownsville Texas .... in February.

As for the schedule, murderers row as you put it, I think the Bucks can win at least two of these and maybe all 4.

Wisconsin is the one that definatly will be in question.

It all come down to how quickly Pryor gets comfortable with the team, should know more after the Minnesota game this week.

I think they can beat Illinois, Mendenhaul is gone now.

I've been telling people to watch out for MSU for a few year now, but they have not put it all together yet.

PSU has not impressed me yet, but they are working on it.

IF Wells come back healthy, they should win all 4.

Jimbo

Care to explain the Traitor quote ?

Just because he lives in PA doesn't mean he has to go there,
There are plenty of Michigan players from Ohio.
Just because his dad wanted him to go there doesn't mean he has to go there either.
He NEVER said he was going to PSU.

btw, Wisconsin will beat them too.
OSU should be a good game going either way.
Aern't you glad your last QB has moved on ?

Jimbo

Not missing Morrelli, talking about setting back a program. About the Pryor quoste, let me explain why I called him a traitor.

He is a traitor!

Jimbo, this one was just for you (attachment)

Attachments

• DSCF1630.JPG
    DSCF1630.JPG
    15.9 KB · Views: 82
In 2 weeks Vandy will not be ranked anymore, and I have not looked at thier schedule yet.
You're probably right on that, as they have a bye week then play Auburn. I hope they at least make it to a bowl, though. They are 4-0, so they need 3 more wins to get to 7 for the season. I predict they will lose to Auburn, Georgia, Florida, and Wake Forest and beat Mississippi State and Duke. Then they would need one more win over either Kentucky or Tennessee (and I'm sure ramy and I don't like those scenarios).

I see Penn State either:

A. Winning the Big 10

C. Make a BCS game

If "A" happens, isn't "B" or "C" pretty much a given???...:confused:

Really going out on a limb here, aren't we???...:rolleyes:

I'll take a look at LSU's remaining opponents:

Florida in the Swamp- I think it could go either way, depending on the Bayou Bengals QB situation and an ability to stop Florida's playmakers.

South Carolina- That does not look like such a hard opponent (As you saw in the Vandy game)

Georgia- It all depends on pass-rushing Stafford and keeping Moreno from running wild.

Tulane- This will be a breather- LSU could play the entire game blindfolded, as far as I'm concerned.

Alabama- mccoy and other LSU fans will be jacked up to boo the hell out of Saban; I think you'll need to be more concerned with my 'Sabre Points' to victory:

1. Keep Coffey under wraps (he's as fast as the hockey player whom mccoy remembers from the Penguins)

2. Poke some holes in the Bama defense

3. Force the QB to beat you.

Ole Miss- Play smart and tough on defense, stop the QB, and you'll stop Ole Miss (as Vandy showed)

Troy- I'll set the over/under for winning margin at 55

Arkansas- The last few games against the Hogs have been brutally hard. For once, LSU will have an easy game.

As RockMNation put it, Bama got their win "thanks to the Casey Dick Experience, which continues to give underprivileged defensive backs the chance to live out their dreams and return picks for touchdowns."

Pretty fair analysis Sabre. Like you say, the key is the QB play for LSU and their defense's ability to stop playmakers. I see my Tigers probably losing to Florida, possibly losing to Georgia and/or Alabama (that would be depressing :mad:), and then don't forget their tendancy to stumble when they shouldn't.

At best, 10-2 while winning the SEC West, with maybe a BCS bowl. At worst, 8-4 and hopefully a trip to the Cotton Bowl.
Geaux Tigers!

If "A" happens, isn't "B" or "C" pretty much a given???...:confused:

Really going out on a limb here, aren't we???...:rolleyes:
Actually, only C will happen if A happens. It's really an algebra problem. You can have A without B if they play in the national championship. You can have B without A if the Big Ten champion plays in the national championship and Penn State gets picked for the Rose Bowl. You can have C without A or B if they don't win the Big Ten, and the Big Ten champion doesn't make the national championship, but Penn State still makes the BCS.

Actually, only C will happen if A happens. It's really an algebra problem. You can have A without B if they play in the national championship. You can have B without A if the Big Ten champion plays in the national championship and Penn State gets picked for the Rose Bowl. You can have C without A or B if they don't win the Big Ten, and the Big Ten champion doesn't make the national championship, but Penn State still makes the BCS.

Oops!!!...:tux:

Now I remember why it took me 3 years to get through high school algebra!!!...:rolleyes:

Not true. 2 teams from one conference can make a BCS game.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)