NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

To the surprise of nobody, 'College Gameday' is an SEC territory for the umpteenth time- this time, they're going 'Between the Hedges.'

I think by the end of the season, fans will probably be fed up with SEC overkill.

To the surprise of nobody, 'College Gameday' is an SEC territory for the umpteenth time- this time, they're going 'Between the Hedges.'

I think by the end of the season, fans will probably be fed up with SEC overkill.

Sabres,
you're usually pretty right on about a lot of things, but I think you're so wrong here.

Don't you think the SEC deserves the royal treatment with the run they're on? And NOW they have 4 teams in the top 8.

Sabres,
you're usually pretty right on about a lot of things, but I think you're so wrong here.

Don't you think the SEC deserves the royal treatment with the run they're on? And NOW they have 4 teams in the top 8.

I'm not saying the SEC isn't great.

What I don't like is how every game involving a ranked team is considered to be mega-important.

Besides, I think the fact that most of the media thinks that whomever wins thr SEC will likely win the national title irks me.

Let's not forget about the Big 12 or the colossus that is USC.

The Big 12 has some serious contenders, yet they don't seem to get as much credit as SEC teams.

What I don't like is how every game involving a ranked team is considered to be mega-important.

Besides, I think the fact that most of the media thinks that whomever wins thr SEC will likely win the national title irks me.

The Big 12 has some serious contenders, yet they don't seem to get as much credit as SEC teams.

All good points. :up

You don't think Gameday should be in Athens? Name me a bigger game next week. Any time you get 2 Top 10 teams playing each other you're gonna get some attention.

Here are the latest rankings:

AP, coaches' Top 25 rankings - College football - NBCSports.com

Vandy in the top 25- I believe in the Commodores!

Missouri drops- what a susprise. We all know voters are in love with the almighty SEC.
(I don't like how every SEC game with ranked teams is treated like it's a game of the century)

Penn State getting better and better- I see either them or Wisconsin in Pasadena.
(Buckeye fans, I have two words- Outback Bowl.)

I am not buying Texas as a real great team- they've fattened up on bad opponents
(Unlike Auburn, at least they can actually score points). Let's see what happens when they hit their four-week minefield- Missouri, Oklahoma, Kansas, Texas Tech.

South Florida and Wake Forest are the best bets to give their respective conferences BCS pride come January.

That's nice, you win the game with a bunch of freshmen playing and you drop in the rankings...

Fans outside of the SEC have been fed up with the SEC love fest for many years now.
How would you like to be USC fan and hear nothing but SEC garbage every day.

I agree .....
I'm rooting for USC and Missouri this year , outside of the obvious.

Jimbo

Where else would they go this week? Honestly? Two top ten teams. Its obvious.

Fans outside of the SEC have been fed up with the SEC love fest for many years now.

I guess if the media was always kissing my team's arse and immediately ranking them numero uno in every major poll, regardless of the quality of opponents, I wouldn't mind it at all. :) ;)

Yeah because teams playing Troy, Umass and Buffalo deserve all the attention. :rolleyes:

And the Pac-10 sucks as bad as the Big Ten, see Arizona State and Oregon.

Get Talent, get speed, get coaching and than maybe people will pay attention.

Yeah because teams playing Troy, Umass and Buffalo deserve all the attention. :rolleyes:

And the Pac-10 sucks as bad as the Big Ten, see Arizona State and Oregon.

Get Talent, get speed, get coaching and than maybe people will pay attention.

See, this is where you are WRONG...
All you guy's with your SEC is Great , SEC is great, (you sound like the Cosby kids when I was young) .
I root for the TEAM , not the conference, I could care less what the rest of the Pac 10 is doing or the rest of the Big Ten ....
A Buckeye win or loss is a Buckeye win or loss, we don't win games FOR the Big Ten, If the Bucks go out and win the MNC the rest of the Big Ten don't stand up and say " We WON the MNC " like the SEC fan teams do.

fwiw, TROY has been pretty good the last few years.

Jimbo

For many years before this, it was ESPN's lovefest with the Big Ten that was annoying, especially in the 90's. Let's not forget the Peyton Manning Heisman fiasco.

See, this is where you are WRONG...
All you guy's with your SEC is Great , SEC is great, (you sound like the Cosby kids when I was young) .
I root for the TEAM , not the conference, I could care less what the rest of the Pac 10 is doing or the rest of the Big Ten ....
A Buckeye win or loss is a Buckeye win or loss, we don't win games FOR the Big Ten, If the Bucks go out and win the MNC the rest of the Big Ten don't stand up and say " We WON the MNC " like the SEC fan teams do.

fwiw, TROY has been pretty good the last few years.

Jimbo
I root for a team, too, but I have a mutual respect for other teams in the conference. If the conference is doing well, the more bowl money/advertising/TV deals the conference gets and is dispersed to each school.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)