NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

The problem Missouri has now is that other than Kansas, all of the rest of the BIG XII contenders are in the South Division(OU, Tex, Ok St, Tech). The pollster have to account for Ok. State somehow....how do you vote them lower then Missouri when they beat them at Missouri. If the pollsters rate Ok. State higher then Missouri is likley one notch below them.

sabresrule said:
Who would have thought that LSU would allow more points to their opponent than Nebraska?

who would have thought Florida would score more points on LSU than they did Arkansas

on a side note
mccoyjr said:
A good butt-whipping builds character.
I agree and i suspect we will see a different LSU team against Georgia & Alabama later in the year

saberrules said:
2. SEC games may be better and closer, but when it comes to moving the ball down the field, gaining yardage and scoring points- some of the teams need to work on that.

well i know a good offense is great to have but most all the good games i've seen the defense was what proved to be the difference , ask missouri today OSU put the pressure on the QB.

who would have thought Florida would score more points on LSU than they did Arkansas

Ouch! They did score a lot of points after LSU went for 4th and impossible several times on their end of the field. But, you're right - who would've thought it. Certainly not me. :(

... i suspect we will see a different LSU team against Georgia & Alabama later in the year
Damn I hope so. ;)

ESPN's Thursday night game is Florida State vs. North Carolina State.

WHY aren't they going to BYU/TCU?

When will ESPN realize that nobody cares about the Seminoles anymore?

Real college football fans would rather see the best of the Mountain West instead of a bad Wolfpack and an FSU team that's a shell of what they used to be.

ESPN's Thursday night game is Florida State vs. North Carolina State.

WHY aren't they going to BYU/TCU?

When will ESPN realize that nobody cares about the Seminoles anymore?

Real college football fans would rather see the best of the Mountain West instead of a bad Wolfpack and an FSU team that's a shell of what they used to be.

Might have something to do with the fact ESPN doesn't have the rights to televise Mountain West football anymore. Versus does, and they'll be showing that game.

Versus has the rights to BYU/TCU.

In fact ESPN has no rights to Mountain West Games played at MWC schools. The MWC didn't like that ESPN wanted them to play so many Friday Night Games, so the rights are CBS College Sports/The Mtn. and Versus.

Care to reevaluate that statement now!:D

No doubt about. That was a great win for Ok St. I guess their coach is a man. I still say that your mascot looks like Yosemite Sam. :D

That crashing sound you heard tonight was Chase Daniel's Heisman hopes. They fell apart as bad as the stock market has.

That crashing sound you heard tonight was Chase Daniel's Heisman hopes. They fell apart as bad as the stock market has.

Who's the new Heisman favorite?

My best bets are either the QB of Texas or Penn State, and don't forget Javon Ringer.

I think HD, Sandra and Jimbo are scared at the idea of stopping the 'HD' Spread.

What is the "HD" Spread ?

That's the spread offense that everyone runs, the just call it something different.
To answer your question, Yes, Ohio State has NEVER stopped the spread, see LSU and Florida the last few years.

Bill, you have Missouri out of the top 12?

I wouldn't rank them below Florida.

Losing a close game against a highly-talented OKState team is less embarassing than what happened to Florida against Ole Miss or Georgia against Bama.

BTW, the Mizzou game was a close game. LSU is getting blown out and you STILL have them ahead of Mizzou?

Gee thta didn't seem to help Ohio State when they lost to USC ( both ranked high at the time, then USC lost to UNRANKED Oregon State)
Buckeyes fell off the map never to be back in the picture, some reason all the teams in the top 10 are losing as usual, but the Bucks keep winning (although UGLY as it may be) and refuse to get any higher in the rankings....
It is definatly a conspiracy that they don't want Ohio State anywhere's near the top 8.

The voters fail to realize this team is NOT the same team that lost in SC.
The keep winning and keep losing in the polls, never see anything like it.

Jimbo

After Mizzou's loss to Mr. "I'M A MAN! I'M 40!"

do you see any other games getting the 'Gameday' treatment?

Remember, a month ago, Georgia/Arizona State seemed like a 'Gameday' lock before ASU's humbling loss to UNLV.

Granted, Oklahoma State is far better than UNLV, but still, I will make a bold prediction:

Gameday will be at Ohio State at Michigan State or LSU/South Carolina.

Gameday isn't coming to OSU/MSU, the Buckeyes have never been a team under Tressel to run up the scores to impress the polls.

Gameday likes glitzy teams ....

My thoughts on today's action:

1. 'Gameday' made a WISE decision by bypassing LSU/Florida for Texas/Oklahoma.

2. Who's the new Heisman frontrunner? I say it's Colt McCoy OR Daryll Clark.

3. Who would have thought that LSU would allow more points to their opponent than Nebraska?

4. Michigan State is NOT going to have their late-season collapse. I'm calling for the upset- they will BEAT tOSU next week (HD, Sandra, Jimbo- I'm warning you, your beloved Buckeyes haven't faced a guy like Javon Walker, who is a BEAST!)

5. Wisconsin should probably accept an invitation to the Motor City Bowl.

6. Michigan/Penn State or Texas Tech/Texas A&M- Which game will be more lopsided?

1. Who cares where "Gameday" goes, it just doesn't matter.

2. Neither

4. MSU beating OSU, could happen, shouldn't happen, Pryor needs to play better, Buckeyes lost a TD when Pryor pulled the ball out of Wells hands and rolled out for a sack, Wells had nothing but GREEN in front of him.
BTW, OSU has played against MSU with Ringer for several years now, Ringer has always been very good.

Jimbo

I have a few reasons, Bill:

1. The Big 12's supposed weakest team- Baylor- is a lot better than one of the SEC's supposedly better teams in Auburn

2. SEC games may be better and closer, but when it comes to moving the ball down the field, gaining yardage and scoring points- some of the teams need to work on that.

(Vanderbilt compiled 106 total yards of offense- Texas had 161 yards RUSHING as a team)

3. I grow weary at the media's theory that whoever wins the SEC automatically should get a free pass to the National Title Game

4. Honestly, I wanted to see Mizzou wax Ohio State in the BCS Title game instead of LSU

5. Auburn and Vandy, whose offenses looked pitiful today, were ranked at times ahead of OKState and Kansas.

Don't worry Sabre's the voters won't even let Ohio State into the top 8 let alone the top spot, it will never happen, even if Pryor grows steadily this year.
Next year Bucks Offense should be good but the D* will struggle :(

Jimbo

Charles,

do you REALLY think Mizzou should drop that far?

I wouldn't drop them below the top 10- remember, we all complained that USC should have been out of the top 10 after their loss to Oregon State!

Then why did Ohio State drop all the way to 14 ?
They win every game since and can't move up, why is that ?

edit: Sorry guy's, I had to catch up this morning ...

Jimbo

Last edited:
Then why did Ohio State drop all the way to 14 ?
They win every game since and can't move up, why is that ?

edit: Sorry guy's, I had to catch up this morning ...

Jimbo

They'll move up this week Jimbo. Missou and LSU were exposed I believe, and will drop considerably. Oklahoma won't go down much I suspect, and Texas or Alabama will jump to #1, with Penn St. on their tails.

And then there's USC. As they climb, so will the Buckeyes. If tOSU can win out knocking an undefeated and highly ranked Penn St. off, and USC trips up again, you're boys are back in the picture. Alabama might pose a problem, but I have the stinking suspension that they won't get through the SEC schedule without a loss, and the later it is the better for the Big10 winner.

Just my opinion. Now I'll go back to mourning. :river ;)

Last edited:
They'll move up this week Jimbo. Missou and LSU were exposed I believe, and will drop considerably. Oklahoma won't go down much I suspect, and Texas or Alabama will jump to #1, with Penn St. on their tails.

And then there's USC. As they climb, so will the Buckeyes. If tOSU can win out knocking an undefeated and highly ranked Penn St. off, and USC trips up again, you're boys are back in the picture. Alabama might pose a problem, but I have the stinking suspension that they won't get throug the SEC schedule without a loss, and the later it is the better for the Big10 winner.

Just my opinion. Now I'll go back to mourning. :river ;)

Well Penn State should move up.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)