NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Michigan had a humiliating loss to Toledo (Paul may be the unluckiest member of this forum, given what has happened to UM and the Etroit Lions), and guess what?

They have to go to Penn State next week.

This season got ugly in a hurry. I can't find many more W's on the schedule. MSU, Penn St., and "that evil school from the South", are all but guaranteed losses. MICHIGAN has always had a history of big O-lines that could push anyone around,but these guys couldn't knockdown their grandmas. Disturbing to say the least. I'm trying to be patient, but the way we're losing, and who we're losing to, is very unsettling. We have more talent than we're displaying, so the coaching is coming into question. Prediction - we will have new kicker next week. This will get worse before it gets better, unlike the Lions, who have hit rock bottom.

[/b]

If that's the case MICHIGAN should be great next season.:D
laughing.gif

I can't remember when an LSU team got beaten so embarassingly. I have a feeling that a downward spiral is coming. Guess I better order as much LSU NC merchandise that I can afford to show my grandkids that they actually were decent way back then. :D

The AP Poll is out:

1. Texas (39)
2. Alabama (26)
3. Penn St.
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida
6. USC
7. Texas Tech
8. Oklahoma St.
9. BYU
10. Georgia
11. Missouri
12. Ohio State
13. LSU

About what I expected. Texas over an idle Bama with OU only dropping slightly. Missouri and LSU drop significantly.

I did expect tOSU to move up more though.

Last edited:
Coaches Poll is out too

1. Texas (44)
2. Alabama (14)
3. Penn St. (3)
4. USC
5. Texas Tech
6. Oklahoma
7. Florida
8. BYU
9. Georgia
10. Oklahoma St.
11. Ohio State
12. Missouri
13. Utah
14. LSU
15. Kansas
16. Boise St.
17. Michigan St.
18. Virginia Tech
19. Wake Forest
20. South Florida
21. North Carolina
22. California
23. Vanderbilt
24. TCU
25. Ball St.

USC AHEAD of Texas Tech?

There is no justice.

They lose to Oregon State and are STILL alive even though their conference sucks?

We all know the voters have a hard-on for USC and to them, a BCS without the Men of Troy is like Christmas without the cookies.

USC is NOT that good- they play in a pathetic conference that makes them look good!

USC AHEAD of Texas Tech?

There is no justice.

They lose to Oregon State and are STILL alive even though their conference sucks?

We all know the voters have a hard-on for USC and to them, a BCS without the Men of Troy is like Christmas without the cookies.

USC is NOT that good- they play in a pathetic conference that makes them look good!

I said early on that USC would wind up playing the Big10 champion in the MNC. Too much tough competition ahead for the others. Will be interesting again this year. :up :)

The polls are screwed up again.

You either penalize LSU and Missouri for losing to Florida and Oklahoma State.

Or you reward Florida and Oklahoma State for beating LSU and Missouri.

The polls seemed to be doing both, but that doesn't make sense.

This season got ugly in a hurry. I can't find many more W's on the schedule. MSU, Penn St., and "that evil school from the South", are all but guaranteed losses. MICHIGAN has always had a history of big O-lines that could push anyone around,but these guys couldn't knockdown their grandmas. Disturbing to say the least. I'm trying to be patient, but the way we're losing, and who we're losing to, is very unsettling. We have more talent than we're displaying, so the coaching is coming into question. Prediction - we will have new kicker next week. This will get worse before it gets better, unlike the Lions, who have hit rock bottom.

As for Big O Lines that push people around, if I was an SEC fan I woukld say that equates to them being S L O W, see in the SEC appearntly they are HUGE AND FAST , ya right :rolleyes:

fwiw, I watched the second half of the M / Toledo game from a good friend of mines, he's M man and he was very disappointed, but doing OK all things considered, he understands that this is not going to be good year, he's up in Canton, Mi, isn't that like 20 minutes from the stadium ?

I would not guarantee anything when it comes to THE GAME, remember the Bucks only score field goals anymore ..... they could be blowing poeple out if they could move the ball inside the 10.

Jimbo

Well, like I said earlier, Ohio State continues to win and does NOT move up at all.
In the AP they are STILL at 12 ..... other one is not in yet.

Since the early lose to USC they have won thier 4 games by a 24-12 score and we know that the Minnesota game was not as close as the 34-21 final shows, it was 34-6 with 8 minutes left and then all the 3-4th strings went in.
So in reality they have outscored the last 4 by a 24 - 9 and still no movement. :rolleyes:

Jimbo

The AP Poll is out:

1. Texas (39)
2. Alabama (26)
3. Penn St.
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida
6. USC
7. Texas Tech
8. Oklahoma St.
9. BYU
10. Georgia
11. Missouri
12. Ohio State
13. LSU

About what I expected. Texas over an idle Bama with OU only dropping slightly. Missouri and LSU drop significantly.

I did expect tOSU to move up more though.

Kinda agree with Oklahoma only moving down a bit seeing they played the 6th rank team....... Opps that didn't work with Ohio State and USC now did it. rolleyes:
Personally I would have dropped Ok, to at least 6th, I think the top 5 can beat them.

Jimbo

Alabama should be # 1, they didn't lose this week and the team above them lost ...

I agree. I honestly was expecting texas to jump us in the coaches poll, but I didnt figure it would happen in the AP. This has been a funy year for rankings.

Oh well, 2 is just as good as 1 at this point. RTR

USC AHEAD of Texas Tech?

There is no justice.

Yes i have to agree. USC got beat by a unranked team. I really don't understand how they are in the top 10! The win yesterday was not a good one at all.

Mc Nabb's Yard Vandalized

Alonzo Mourning retires

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)