NCAA Football 2008-09 Season

Hey, that "cowboy" dude on Youtube doesn't count as an Alabama fan. He's got waaaaaay too much of a fixation on the word "ass".....he's not counted as part of the Bama family....Damn, he's horrible.
laughing.gif
Yeah, his problam is more alcohol related. I'm more worried about the ones I hear calling into the Bama sports shows when I occasionally drive through going home. ;)

It's early November, yet we may alredy have our first conference championship game (Bama's in and Florida can get in if they win), barring a seismic Vandy comeback of Frank Reich-esque proportions.

Those are probably the band wagon fans that pull for Auburn when they're winning, then jump back to Alabama when they're winning....

Florida could at least make me feel better about December 6th by struggling a little bit, or turning the ball over, or something....jeez.

Guess I can quit complaining about Penn State getting votes for number 1....and I can quit screaming at the top of my lungs how overrated they are...Iowa just gives them fits.

Why would you be worried about a Big Ten team taking a few votes, unless you don't think that your team could beat them ...

Has Penn State ever beaten Bama in a bowl game?? Not to my recollection....but I hate so-called "experts" who vote in the polls that aren't smart enough to look at the different teams, and vote based on performance, taking into consideration who you're playing. Don't vote based on hype, or what people prefer, or anything else. Vote based on performance on the field. We penalize non-BCS conference teams for their strength of schedule, and rightfully so. Extend that same courtesy to BCS conference teams when comparing teams.

All right. I was wrong about Tech. I picked them to lose 2 weeks in a row. I could excuse last week by telling myself that theres no way a college football team could go through 4 straight "huge" games like Texas had to play. Guess I'm gonna hope they beat Oklahoma and win the Big 12 conference game. Set up the Big 12 champ against the SEC champ for all the marbles. Tech's pretty impressive right now.

I'm gonna hope they beat Oklahoma and win the Big 12 conference game.

I'm the biggest Tech fan on this site, and I don't think they can win in Norman.

NOBODY wins in Norman- the Sooners are unstoppable killing machines on their home turf.

They are like the old-school run-and-shoot Houston Cougars.

I'm the biggest Tech fan on this site, and I don't think they can win in Norman.

NOBODY wins in Norman- the Sooners are unstoppable killing machines on their home turf.

They are like the old-school run-and-shoot Houston Cougars.

Then I guess that TT will have plenty of people pulling for them then .

My philosophy is that I hope for the best, but fear the worst.

I HOPE Tech wins, but I fear they could get annihilated.

If you look at it, TT is quick and fast ( like some SEC teams), Oklahoma is BIG and Slow (Like a Big Ten teams). :p

I give TT a good shot at winning, the week off will definatly help them as they don't have to play 3 back to back to back.

Jimbo

Well mccoy, it was alot closer than I would have liked, but at least it was "civil":D

Honestly, LSU came to play, and Bama just couldnt put it away until the end. Good game all around.

Saban has them here far more quickly than I would have imagined, but right now, I think they can do it. RTR

If you look at it, TT is quick and fast ( like some SEC teams), Oklahoma is BIG and Slow (Like a Big Ten teams). :p

I give TT a good shot at winning, the week off will definatly help them as they don't have to play 3 back to back to back.

Jimbo

Just curious, have you seen Oklahoma play? Oklahoma's defense is suspect, but slow?

have you seen Oklahoma play? Oklahoma's defense is suspect, but slow?

They aren't slow; they just have been burned by some fast teams.

Who needs that when you have an unstoppable QB and a ridiculously good home-field advantage?

It's a real shame that Purdue is struggling; Joe Tiller is one of the classiest and most innovative coaches in football (his Purdue teams under Brees and Orton were like Texas Tech- wide-open and pass-happy).

He won't make a bowl game for only the second time in his career; I just hope he can win his final game at home (against Indiana).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)