NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

david1314

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 29, 2008
All bunk. You're just as bad as the Coaches'.

Boise St has beaten Oregon and the seven dwarfs. Pfffffft. Oregon has gotten too much credit for beating up a pretty weak Pac10 (USC has fallen off, Cal has fallen off, etc etc etc)

Iowa's clock just has to strike midnight soon. They stink. If not for a bogus reversal from replay, they likely lose to a PUTRID IU squad. Beating Penn St isn't all that impressive.

I really think that it's a coin flip between TCU and Cincy. Either one could overtake Texas by virtue of Texas' awful (and getting worse) computer numbers. Of course, that won't happen, because the pollsters will vault a Texas team whose best win might be against a 5-3 OU team (OK St is also getting too much credit for a win over Georgia).

I'm just getting tired of these springboard games having too much impact. Last year it was Alabama crushing what ended up being a very mediocre Clemson team, but it shot them up the polls. This year, it's USC winning over OSU (again), and Boise St winning a home game against Oregon in week 1.

While you go to great lengths to point out various wins by other BCS Teams and shortchange them, you fail to mention that any of those games or teams have a far far more impressive resume that Cincy or any other Big East team.

You say that Oregon gets too much credit for wins over a down USC and Cal teams, but fail to point out that either of those teams would be decided favorites over any Big East team. USC would be a twenty point + favorite over them.

I do agree with you that the clock is going to strike midnight very shortly for Iowa but their win over Penn State is far more impressive than any win a Big East team can point to.

IMO Cincy would have a minimum of three losses in any other BCS Conference.

Bottom line the voters know that Big East football stinks on the whole and there is very little creditibility to be gained from wins over other mediocre teams such as Rutgers, Pitt, UConn and the likes.

Cincy is fortunate to be ranked where they are. Are they good? Yes! maybe the best team to come from the long list of Big East frauds that masquearde yearly. Are they an elite upper level BCS team? No not close

My BCS rankings would be like this:

1.Florida
2.Texas
3.Alabama
4.TCU
5.Boise State
6.Oregon
7.Cincinnati
8.Iowa
9.LSU
10.Georgia Tech

Conference Rankings including the BCS Conferences along with the WAC and Mountain West
1.SEC
2.Big 12
3.Pac 10
4.Big 10
5.ACC
6.Mountain West
7.Big East
8 WAC.

My hope is indeed that Cincy remains unbeaten for two reasons.

1.Watch the Big East apologists spin away and decry the very system that grants their Conference Champion an auto invite that is not merited by on field accomplishments. Thank you Mike Tranghese

2.Watch Cincy get matched up against a really good team and get their asses handed to them for all to see.

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
IMO Cincy would have a minimum of three losses in any other BCS Conference.

Bottom line the voters know that Big East football stinks on the whole and there is very little creditibility to be gained from wins over other mediocre teams such as Rutgers, Pitt, UConn and the likes.

But Georgia Tech should gain credibility from beating the like of Florida State, North Carolina, Duke, and Virginia?

What about TCU? There are SO many bad Mountain West teams- UNLV, Wyoming, New Mexico, San Diego State. The Mountain West is THE most overrated conference in the country- top-heavy, but so many horrid teams.

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
Anyone see Tennessee don the black jerseys Saturday night? The traditionalists are not happy.

genthumb.ashx

david1314

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 29, 2008
But Georgia Tech should gain credibility from beating the like of Florida State, North Carolina, Duke, and Virginia?

What about TCU? There are SO many bad Mountain West teams- UNLV, Wyoming, New Mexico, San Diego State. The Mountain West is THE most overrated conference in the country- top-heavy, but so many horrid teams.

sabs, I have Cincy rated ahead of Georgia Tech. That's based strictly on how the system is set up.

If you ask me who desrves to be ranked higher out of those two? Cincy

If you ask me who would prevail in a series of games head to head? Georgia Tech.

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Anyone see Tennessee don the black jerseys Saturday night? The traditionalists are not happy.

genthumb.ashx

I thought you'd be happy about the fact that Tennessee won the game and is within striking distance of sending Lane Kiffin to a bowl game (who would have thought I could possibly be saying that?)

P.S. Unlike Georgia, they at least WON their game while wearing black.

david1314

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 29, 2008

genthumb.ashx

As a Tennessee fan and alumnus, if the jersey's help recruiting and Kiffin seems to think they do, I don't mind them wearing them 1-2 times a season.

You can bet that the hoops team will don the black during the upcoming season also.

The black is here to stay. Though the jersey could use names and some better design.

Probably the best that could be done on short notice though. Supposedly these jersey's weren't given the okay until Wednesday afternoon. Time frame for design and such was extremely limited.

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
As a Tennessee fan and alumnus, if the jersey's help recruiting and Kiffin seems to think they do, I don't mind them wearing them 1-2 times a season.

You can bet that the hoops team will don the black during the upcoming season also.

The black is here to stay. Though the jersey could use names and some better design.

Probably the best that could be done on short notice though. Supposedly these jersey's weren't given the okay until Wednesday afternoon. Time frame for design and such was extremely limited.
Apparently a five-star basketball recruit signed with the Vols and liked the black jerseys.

“I came up and caught the last part of the basketball game Friday night and saw how they played, and then the football game was real cool,’’ Ware said. “I loved those fans, and the black jerseys they wore . . . it was cool how they warmed up in orange and then turned around and put the black on.’’
Ware said recruits do notice and like that sort of thing.
“Oh yeah, you notice that, because I had never seen them in black before,’’ he said. “We went into the locker room, and the Tennessee players were all real excited putting them on, and the coaches were yelling and screaming and getting them real focused.’’

Five-star commitment for 2011 class liked black jersey; commits to Pearl, Vols GoVolsXtra

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
I thought you'd be happy about the fact that Tennessee won the game and is within striking distance of sending Lane Kiffin to a bowl game (who would have thought I could possibly be saying that?)

P.S. Unlike Georgia, they at least WON their game while wearing black.
I think Tennessee is the best 4-4 team in the country right now. 4 losses by a total of 20 points including close losses to two AP #1 teams. The team is 6-2 if they can convert a 4th and goal from the 1 against UCLA and can acutally block someone on field goals.

david1314

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 29, 2008
I think Tennessee is the best 4-4 team in the country right now. 4 losses by a total of 20 points including close losses to two AP #1 teams. The team is 6-2 if they can convert a 4th and goal from the 1 against UCLA and can acutally block someone on field goals.

I agree with you.

Tennesee has turned to corner back towrds respectibility.

If they win out and finish the regular season 8-4, they will play on New Year's Day.

Tennessee should be a legitimate top 5-10 program by the 2011 season.

jwfgeol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 16, 2007
Knoxville, TN
BTW, jwfgeol, will this whole Tennessee black jersey thing be mentioned on your next podcast?
Definitely. But I'll probably spend more time wondering why LaGarrette Blount gets suspended for the season but Brandon Spikes gets half a game.

Apparently criticizing the officiating is a more egregious error than gouging someones eyes out in the SEC.

hancox

Pub Member / UConnaholic
Supporting Founder
Nov 23, 2003
Monroe, CT
W
Conference Rankings including the BCS Conferences along with the WAC and Mountain West
1.SEC
2.Big 12
3.Pac 10
4.Big 10
5.ACC
6.Mountain West
7.Big East
8 WAC.

Pathetic. Biased garbage. Take a look at the average computer rankings of the conferences, and see how not-even-remotely-close you are:

Conference Rankings

Pac-10
SEC
Big East
Big 10
ACC
B12
MWC
WAC

By having the B12 2nd in your list, you're proving that you're only looking at historical BS. The bottom 3/4 of that conference is horrible, including essentially the entire North.

MWC over the Big East. Ha.

Mike0616

SatelliteGuys Pro
Definitely. But I'll probably spend more time wondering why LaGarrette Blount gets suspended for the season but Brandon Spikes gets half a game.

Apparently criticizing the officiating is a more egregious error than gouging someones eyes out in the SEC.

and we all KNOW that Bryant deserved being kicked off the team at OK State the rest of the season for lying to the NCAA, he should have just attempted to gouge their eyes out and been penalized a half-game suspension when playing a cellar dwelling team. :rolleyes:

This whole thing makes anti-UF, anti-Meyer, and anti-SEC folks look like they are right on the ball as far as what is OK to win. :(

Spikes should be kicked off the team for the rest of the season, no doubt about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)