NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

Wonder if Cincinnati could go after the Boise State coach? At least he would have a chance at the national championship then. Hopefully Kelly won't go but that is wishful thinking.
Cincinnati is no upgrade over Boise St. Chris Peterson has been offered better jobs and turned them down. I think he just likes the blue turf.

The person who created this scenario has it as an alternative to the BCS. Therefore the BCS wouldn't exist. That's my understanding anyway. And he's realigned the conferences for the playoffs. Read his playoff description:

Poolsville: Project Playoffs: Chapter 1 –– The System

Why should the BCS exist? Its a boil on the ass of humanity, as far as I am concerned. I can see no compelling reason for it to exist when playoffs make so much more sense. The way it is presently, there really is NO national championship game, there is a BS "championship" game, which is not the same.

Take the conference champs from the major conferences (toss in the MAC, Mountain West, etc. for good measure) plus whatever it takes to get the top 16 teams positions filled and have the playoff. If the field contains 6 teams from the SEC or Big10, who cares? At least this would solve the "mythical national championship" problem. Its no different than in basketball, except there are fewer teams playing major conference football than basketball (roughly half as many?)

The prototype setup from Rivals.com and other suggestions look like a good start to me, to make room for the added games, raise the "bowl eligible" requirement for schools to a winning season, not a non-losing season (6-6 is NOT a winning season folks.) Schools like Wyoming (6-6), Marshall (6-6), Texas A&M (6-6), et. al. may be pissed over being cut, but so what? :D Also, there are 34 (yep thirty-four) bowls currently and more are being added, so there is no shortage of playing venues and dates.

Oh, well, doubt that I will live long enough to see the BS errr... make that BCS tossed out, but I can hope.

Note: Other schools that went 6-6 and are bowl bound are Minnesota, Iowa State, Florida State, Michigan State.

For better or for worse Brian Kelly is going to Notre Dame. I don't know how this will turn out, yes I do :D, Cincinnati's defense is as bad as ND's, but you can't say you didn't see this one coming.

Randy Edsall at UConn you're on deck. That's right. A bowl win and a strong season next year and you can leave the cold and misery of East Hartford/Storrs behind for a new job with a national power that's fallen on hard times or an SEC team that wants to do better than the Independence Bowl.

For better or for worse Brian Kelly is going to Notre Dame. I don't know how this will turn out, yes I do :D, Cincinnati's defense is as bad as ND's, but you can't say you didn't see this one coming.

Randy Edsall at UConn you're on deck. That's right. A bowl win and a strong season next year and you can leave the cold and misery of East Hartford/Storrs behind for a new job with a national power that's fallen on hard times or an SEC team that wants to do better than the Independence Bowl.

If Butch falls on hard times at UNC, would you want Edsel or Kelly coaching your team?

Why should the BCS exist? Its a boil on the ass of humanity, as far as I am concerned. I can see no compelling reason for it to exist when playoffs make so much more sense. The way it is presently, there really is NO national championship game, there is a BS "championship" game, which is not the same.

Take the conference champs from the major conferences (toss in the MAC, Mountain West, etc. for good measure) plus whatever it takes to get the top 16 teams positions filled and have the playoff. If the field contains 6 teams from the SEC or Big10, who cares? At least this would solve the "mythical national championship" problem. Its no different than in basketball, except there are fewer teams playing major conference football than basketball (roughly half as many?)

The prototype setup from Rivals.com and other suggestions look like a good start to me, to make room for the added games, raise the "bowl eligible" requirement for schools to a winning season, not a non-losing season (6-6 is NOT a winning season folks.) Schools like Wyoming (6-6), Marshall (6-6), Texas A&M (6-6), et. al. may be pissed over being cut, but so what? :D Also, there are 34 (yep thirty-four) bowls currently and more are being added, so there is no shortage of playing venues and dates.

Oh, well, doubt that I will live long enough to see the BS errr... make that BCS tossed out, but I can hope.

Note: Other schools that went 6-6 and are bowl bound are Minnesota, Iowa State, Florida State, Michigan State.

I agree with you .....
I would go a bit farther, get RID of some of the stupid bowls we have now.
Also make a playoff team have at least a 8-4 record if they play 12 games, basically 2 games OVER .500 or better for my liking.

If Butch falls on hard times at UNC, would you want Edsel or Kelly coaching your team?

Meh. UConn is about = to UNC, as a football program. My take - Edsall is trying to punch multiple tickets to the JoePa Retirement Circus at Penn St.

South Florida Coach Allegedly Slapped Player

The story goes like this: Sophomore walk-on Joel Miller had a costly penalty on special teams during the first half of the November 21 game against Louisville. According to multiple sources, including Miller's father, his high school coach, Bulls players and staff members, during his halftime tirade Leavitt "walked about 10 feet to the locker where Miller was sitting without his helmet. Leavitt then grabbed Miller by the throat and hit him twice in the face with his hand." If you've got a better way to come back against Louisville, I'd like to hear it. :eek:

Sources: South Florida Coach Jim Leavitt Struck Player -- NCAAFB FanHouse

The story goes like this: Sophomore walk-on Joel Miller had a costly penalty on special teams during the first half of the November 21 game against Louisville. According to multiple sources, including Miller's father, his high school coach, Bulls players and staff members, during his halftime tirade Leavitt "walked about 10 feet to the locker where Miller was sitting without his helmet. Leavitt then grabbed Miller by the throat and hit him twice in the face with his hand." If you've got a better way to come back against Louisville, I'd like to hear it. :eek:

Sources: South Florida Coach Jim Leavitt Struck Player -- NCAAFB FanHouse

Ya know ................
This stuff happens all the time, you just don't hear about it very often.

The 3rd Annual Fang's Bites College Football TV Awards

Fang's Bites: The 3rd Annual Fang's Bites College Football TV Awards

The College Gameday Best Pregame Show Award - College Gameday, ESPN.

The Keith Jackson Award for Best Play-by-Play - Verne Lundquist, CBS.

Honorable mentions - Ron Franklin - ESPN/ABC, Sean McDonough - ABC and Brad Nessler - ESPN

The Frank Broyles Award for Best Color Analyst - Todd Blacklege, ESPN.

Honorable mentions - Gary Danielson - CBS, Pat Haden - NBC, Chris Spielman - ESPN

Best Overall Announcing Team - Verne Lundquist and Gary Danielson, CBS.

Honorable mentions - Brad Nessler/Todd Blackledge, ESPN; Mike Patrick/Craig James, ESPN/ABC; Tom Hammond/Pat Haden, NBC

The Jim Lampley Award for Best Studio Host - Tim Brando, CBS, in an upset over previous two-time winner Rece Davis.

Honorable mentions - Rece Davis - ESPN, John Saunders - ABC, Jimmy Roberts - NBC

Best Studio Analyst - Jesse Palmer, ABC.

Honorable mentions - Spencer Tillman - CBS, Kirk Herbstreit - ESPN

The Jack Arute Award for Best Sideline Reporter - No one.

Most Valuable Network - CBS.

Best Overall Coverage - CBS.

The Phil Stone Award for Worst Play-by-Play - Pam Ward, ESPN.

Dishonorable mentions - Terry Gannon - ESPN/ABC; Joe Tessitore - ESPN

Worst Analyst (Studio or Game) - Ray Bentley, ESPN.

Worst Sideline Reporter - Tracy Wolfson, CBS.

Dishonorable mention - Rob Stone - ESPN

Most Bizarre Moment - Bob Griese - ESPN for his "out having a taco" comment regarding NASCAR driver Juan Pablo Montoya during the Minnesota-Ohio State game.

Worst Studio Show - College Football Live, ESPN, only when hosted by the arrogant Erik Kuselias.

Worst Treatment of a Legend - Ron Franklin by ESPN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)