NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

????? How much of a following does Utah have ?

If they were looking for the largest following, which they usually do, it would have been Iowa.
Utah actually travels pretty well. They brought a lot of people to the Sugar Bowl last year.

Af course that doesn't matter, as I made a typo, and should have said TCU instead of Utah, who does travel well within the Southwest.
As for Iowa, the Orange Bowl picked Iowa right after the Feista picked TCU, so the choice was Boise St or Cincinnati.

Picking Order of at large teams
Sugar Bowl (to replace #1 anchor) - Florida
Fiesta Bowl (to replace #2 anchor) - TCU
Orange Bowl - Iowa
Fiesta Bowl - Boise St.
Sugar Bowl - Cincinnati

Notre Dame Fighting Irish to interview Cincinnati Bearcats coach Brian Kelly on Tuesday - ESPN Chicago

I really don't think Kelly should take the ND job. He's got it going good in Cincy.

Trust me, it's not worth it- I don't think Kelly should fall for the siren song that is the Notre Dame coaching position.
Money talks. :) But, I think you may be right. Kelly seems to be an offensive type guy, like Weis. Could turn out the same way for him if he doesn't recruit well. He is a hell of a motivator though. Can do a lot with a little. Be intersting to see what he'll do if he goes to ND.

But, I hope he stays in Cincy. It's been a fun year.

If he is going to goto ND he better make the choice and sign before the sugar bowl.. He may not be worth as much after getting his A kicked by FLA ;)
While I think that Florida will kick Cincinnati's butt, we have to remember that Alabama was supposed to do the same thing to Utah...
Not to mention the 2008 Capital One Bowl, where Florida fell to Michigan.

Can't take a bowl game for granted.

Notre Dame Fighting Irish to interview Cincinnati Bearcats coach Brian Kelly on Tuesday - ESPN Chicago

I really don't think Kelly should take the ND job. He's got it going good in Cincy.

Trust me, it's not worth it- I don't think Kelly should fall for the siren song that is the Notre Dame coaching position.
I'm curious as to why you would say that.

Like it has been said, money is a big motivating factor as well as the potential of being the savior of the ND football program.

I like Jim Harbaugh as the next ND coach. In addition to being a very good coach, he's got the experience of dealing with the higher academic restrictions that some recent ND coaches have had problems dealing with.

While I think that Florida will kick Cincinnati's butt, we have to remember that Alabama was supposed to do the same thing to Utah...
Not to mention the 2008 Capital One Bowl, where Florida fell to Michigan.

Can't take a bowl game for granted.

That was the second time Mich beat FLA in a bowl this decade.. They just have FLAs number I guess..

And yes I really hate to over look Cincinnati, I dont think FLA is going to do that. I think Tebow, and Meyer have a lot to prove and the 20+ seniors on FLAs defense want to end their time at FLA with a BCS bowl victory. I think they will be playing their ass off.

Its also the last chance for many of these seniors to up their Draft stock. Sure guys like Spikes do not really need this game, but the other guys who are on the fence really do need this game

Is all this distraction over Cincy's coach going to effect the team in the Sugar Bowl?
It probably won't help, but who really knows with these bowl games. Florida may just mail it in like Alabama did last year after losing the SEC CG. Back in 2007 after Rich Rodriguez left WV for Michigan I thought WV would get killed in their bowl game. Whoops. So who knows.

Kelly reportedly close to becoming Notre Dame coach - College Football - Rivals.com

If he does take the job, I guess this shows how much people take the ND job seriously.

What a shame this would be for Cincy- they get the best coach they've had in eons, and they lose him to a big-name like Notre Dame.

Personally, If I was Kelly, I would say N-O to ND- it's not worth it.
I'm not surprised. I think you can make an argument that ND is not that much of an upgrade, but Kelly was leaving Cincinnati one way or the other. This is problem the BE has. They have proven that they can produce good teams, but they have far less money than the other BCS conferences. They're like a mid major in basketball. As soon as you prove you're good, you're gone.

Interesting Take on NCAA Playoff Scenario

Poolsville: Project Playoffs

First round matchups look interesting:

16 Arizona at 1 Alabama
15 Pittsburgh at 2 Texas
14 Iowa at 3 Florida
13 Penn State at 4 TCU
12 Miami at 5 Cincinnati
11 LSU at 6 Oregon
10 Ohio State at 7 Boise State
9 Georgia Tech at 8 Virginia Tech

Kelly reportedly close to becoming Notre Dame coach - College Football - Rivals.com

If he does take the job, I guess this shows how much people take the ND job seriously.

What a shame this would be for Cincy- they get the best coach they've had in eons, and they lose him to a big-name like Notre Dame.

Personally, If I was Kelly, I would say N-O to ND- it's not worth it.
You keep on saying it's not worth it and I wish you would explain why, but I know you won't. Look at it this way: You're a journalism student, right?? Say you're a sports writer at your hometown newspaper. You then get considered for a job at a big-city paper. Are you the type of person who is happy where they are or do you want to move up the ladder for bigger responsibilities and bigger pay?? Coaches have the same decisions.

ND has the resources to be a top-flight program. Who wouldn't love to try to be the savior and bring it back to importance again??

Money talks. :) But, I think you may be right. Kelly seems to be an offensive type guy, like Weis. Could turn out the same way for him if he doesn't recruit well. He is a hell of a motivator though. Can do a lot with a little. Be intersting to see what he'll do if he goes to ND.

But, I hope he stays in Cincy. It's been a fun year.

Cincy has better players ....

16 Arizona at 1 Alabama
15 Pittsburgh at 2 Texas
14 Iowa at 3 Florida
13 Penn State at 4 TCU
12 Miami at 5 Cincinnati
11 LSU at 6 Oregon

Except you should have used the BcS standing to make the pairings ....

BcS Standing pairings

1. Alabama vs 16. West Virginia
2. Texas vs 15. Miami
3. Cincy vs 14. BYU
4. TCU vs 13. Penn State
5. Florida vs 12. LSU
6. Boise St. vs 11. Va Tech
7. Oregon vs 10. Iowa
8. Ohio State vs 9. Ga Tech

I know that this doesn't take the conference champs into consideration, but this is what it would look like if they went Top 16

2. Texas vs 15. Miami
3. Cincy vs 14. BYU
4. TCU vs 13. Penn State
5. Florida vs 12. LSU
7. Oregon vs 10. Iowa

I know that this doesn't take the conference champs into consideration, but this is what it would look like if they went Top 16

And Miami would be a VERY dangerous #15 seed!! :cool:

16 Arizona at 1 Alabama
15 Pittsburgh at 2 Texas
14 Iowa at 3 Florida
13 Penn State at 4 TCU
12 Miami at 5 Cincinnati
11 LSU at 6 Oregon

Jimbo said:
2. Texas vs 15. Miami
3. Cincy vs 14. BYU
4. TCU vs 13. Penn State
5. Florida vs 12. LSU
7. Oregon vs 10. Iowa

I like them both, but I would make it that there are no same conference match-ups in the first round. I would also reseed after each round.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)