NCAA Football 2009-10 Season

Observations from the weekend sick bed(Flu) Regular strain, not swine Thankfully.

Watched a ton of CFB.

I think Sandra posted this observation in another thread, but I concur. This season has been somewhat subpar.

2 Games remaining that hold interest Nationally.

The SEC Championship Game and BCS Championship Game. Stipulation that lots of other games hold huge amounts of interest for the various factions.

TCU deseves their accolades. Very impressive team from a non BCS Conference. A shame they couldn't have been admitted to the Big 12 when the SWC was disbanded.

Pitt and Cincy should be a good matchup. Slight edge to Pitt IMO.

Vegas Lines as of Sunday PM(Matchups we'd all like to see).

Neutral Field

Florida
Texas-3
Alabama-5
TCU-11
Boise State-14
Cincy-16

Ohio State beats Iowa 27-24 in overtime.

Somewhere, the Buckeye-haters in the media are drowning in tears.

Congratulations to this site's Three Buckeye-teers!

Thank you! That game was an instant classic. It was only fitting that the Big-10 title was decided in overtime. What a finish! And kudos for Iowa for playing their butts off. That back-up QB of theirs showed a lot of heart.

I wanted revenge against USC, but I will take solace in the fact USC will NOT be getting another home game to play in. The team to win the Rose Bowl will for once have to do it on neutral field.

USC plays their home games in the Coliseum. The Rose Bowl is a neutral field.

Sandra

Ohio State beats Iowa 27-24 in overtime.

Somewhere, the Buckeye-haters in the media are drowning in tears.

Congratulations to this site's Three Buckeye-teers!

Not that much to celebrate. The bar is much higher than this. Iowa stinks.

I've said it before, from opening kickoff until 0:00, Tressel is pathetic.

Sandra

Please lets not get into "the other team had an advantage because it was closer to home" excuses.

Florida put that to rest when they won the BCS Title in the Fiesta Bowl. Great teams win on the road, end of story.

Please lets not get into "the other team had an advantage because it was closer to home" excuses.

Florida put that to rest when they won the BCS Title in the Fiesta Bowl. Great teams win on the road, end of story.

Fine, then let's move the Rose Bowl to Upper Arlington (C-Bus subhurb) and see how those Rat Bastards from SoCal perform each year!

Lol! How long does it take the team and fans to get to Pasedena? 30 minutes? Tough road trip....

First of all, I used to live in LA...you can't get ANYWHERE in 30 minutes!

Second of all, talk about geography all you want, HD mentioned the Rose Bowl not being a neutral field for USC, and it is a neutral field. Plain and simple, USC does not play their home games there.

Third of all, how is ticket distribution handled? I don't know for sure, but actually watching the game it always seems like the Big Ten team is represented by at least 40% of the crowd...sometimes more. The stadium is not filled with USC season ticket holders, that's for sure.

Fourth of all, yes, Ohio State has to travel a lot more than USC does...but they have six weeks to get there! Plenty of time to arrive and get acclimated well in advance.

Adds up to a slight advantage for USC, but not a game changing one.

Sandra

Agreed.

Only people that crank out that sorry excuse are the supporters of a team that just had their asses handed to them.

Did anyone else get a chill when ABC showed John Cooper giving coaching instruction during the Iowa-Ohio State game? At first I thought he was being allowed to talk to the team...:eek: :eek: :eek:

ABC was not really clear about what they were showing, and took a few plays to properly explain it. Turns out it's a class, and only one football player is in it. Chances are he's now scarred for life.

At the time I was really annoyed at Tressel...AGAIN...and when ABC showed Cooper it was like the college football gods were saying...'Hey Sandra, remember this guy? Be thankful for what you have'.

Sandra

Did anyone else get a chill when ABC showed John Cooper giving coaching instruction during the Iowa-Ohio State game? At first I thought he was being allowed to talk to the team...:eek: :eek: :eek:

ABC was not really clear about what they were showing, and took a few plays to properly explain it. Turns out it's a class, and only one football player is in it. Chances are he's now scarred for life.

At the time I was really annoyed at Tressel...AGAIN...and when ABC showed Cooper it was like the college football gods were saying...'Hey Sandra, remember this guy? Be thankful for what you have'.

Sandra

Yes, I saw that also, and wondered the exact same thing, with those OSU inspirational signs on the wall behind him.

I thought his security badge for getting on campus would have been revoked LONG LONG ago! :rant:

Yes, I saw that also, and wondered the exact same thing, with those OSU inspirational signs on the wall behind him.

I thought his security badge for getting on campus would have been revoked LONG LONG ago! :rant:

And when they first showed him they didn't say it was Cooper right away, it took about ten seconds, and during that time it was like...

'Wait, was that Cooper? Was that really John Cooper wearing an Ohio State jacket? No way Cooper was back, no way. You know, I think that really was Cooper...'

Then they started explaining it.

Sandra

And when they first showed him they didn't say it was Cooper right away, it took about ten seconds, and during that time it was like...

'Wait, was that Cooper? Was that really John Cooper wearing an Ohio State jacket? No way Cooper was back, no way. You know, I think that really was Cooper...'

Then they started explaining it.

Sandra

I'll gladly take Cooper back ........ as a RECRUITER only though.

Can't wait - heading to my first game in South Bend this weekend.

Hoping I can witness a historic UConn win, and possibly knock the Irish out of the Big East bowl picture in the process!!!