NCAA Football 2014 season

Football_Squirrel.jpg

Hey, the ACC has the team that is the National Champs this year !

I don't know what the sec guys are all wound up about.
They apparently have short memories when thier team doesn't win.

Not going to be able to make it to the OSU/VT game Jimbo...they didn't give but 3000 tickets and the list was long apparently. Either way I hope its a good game and not a full on slaughter - you guys have just about everyone returning this year and we may have a top 5 defense but the offense has many question marks.

Not going to be able to make it to the OSU/VT game Jimbo...they didn't give but 3000 tickets and the list was long apparently. Either way I hope its a good game and not a full on slaughter - you guys have just about everyone returning this year and we may have a top 5 defense but the offense has many question marks.
I wouldn't be so sure about that ... the Defensive line should be very good, Urban's working on a line like he had in 06 at Florida and it may turn out that way, however, the linebackers and secondary are all Soph and Freshmen.

The O line had to replace 4 starters from last year and Braxton has yet to throw a pass in full speed action since his shoulder surgery from the Bowl game.

It will be interesting to see these guys grow.

Carlos Hyde is now with the 49ers, that said, I feel pretty comfortable at RB as Elliot and freshman Chris Samual have looked good in spring ball, Elliot played last year spelling Hyde.

We also have our "Decoy" Dontre Wilson to get into the flow of the games this year, so the other teams don't know where the ball is going every time he steps on the field.

Lot of question marks on the D side (outside of the line) and the O Line, other than that I think we should be alright.

The Va Tech game will/should show where we stand as a group coming together.

The D line was very young last year as well, Urban's getting the freshmen playing time whenever he's able.

How Braxton comes along , if his shoulder is really ready to go will be a huge key.

Hey, the ACC has the team that is the National Champs this year !

I don't know what the sec guys are all wound up about.
They apparently have short memories when thier team doesn't win.

I reboot every year in August. New year new team, what we did last year has no bearing on this year.

I'm 100% happy with ACC champs, anything over that is fine by me. I fully intend on being at the ACC Champ this year, and will see Citadel, Notre Dame, UVA and one other live.

Really wish I could be at Jerry's world on 8/30, but Im stuck working. Will get off at 1400, head to a friends for Bama vs Wv, then head home to get ready for the Noles.

The Va Tech game will/should show where we stand as a group coming together.

The D line was very young last year as well, Urban's getting the freshmen playing time whenever he's able.

How Braxton comes along , if his shoulder is really ready to go will be a huge key.

The VT Defense is supposed to be faster than any group Foster has coached and that is saying a lot. Braxton will have his hands full if that O-line of OSU can't hold together and he will be throwing against perhaps the best secondary in the country even many say better than what FSU has. Still, as I said the offense for Vt will be its own worst enemy once again, if they start Brewer (which they should) then maybe not..lots of question marks remain. Foster will go after Braxton if he smells a hint of blood or see's he is going to favor that shoulder at all.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...ace-votes-in-preseason-ap-poll-181457951.html

1. Florida State (57 1st place votes)
2. Alabama (1)
3. Oregon (1)
4. Oklahoma (1)
5. Ohio State
6. Auburn
7. UCLA
8. Michigan State
9. South Carolina
10. Baylor
11. Stanford
12. Georgia
13. LSU
14. Wisconsin
15. USC
16. Clemson
17. Notre Dame
18. Ole Miss
19. Arizona State
20. Kansas State
21. Texas A&M
22. Nebraska
23. North Carolina
24. Missouri
25. Washington

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts