NCIS - HR20 audio captioning

Status
Please reply by conversation.

vfr781rider

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 6, 2005
Nashville, TN
Have an HR20 with the latest 11B software release. Last night, we watched NCIS that was recorded Tuesday 1/23. After the third commercial break (roughly at the half hour mark) we noticed that that whole segment had audio captioning or audio tips, or whatever you call the audio help for vision impaired folks that played that whole segment. After the 3/4 hour break, they went away.

After we finished the show, I went back and replayed that segment and they were still there. Was it just me? I didn't even know they had such assistance for vison impaired viewers!

Have an HR20 with the latest 11B software release. Last night, we watched NCIS that was recorded Tuesday 1/23. After the third commercial break (roughly at the half hour mark) we noticed that that whole segment had audio captioning or audio tips, or whatever you call the audio help for vision impaired folks that played that whole segment. After the 3/4 hour break, they went away.

After we finished the show, I went back and replayed that segment and they were still there. Was it just me? I didn't even know they had such assistance for vison impaired viewers!

I would have to believe that was done on the network level, (possibly local) someone screwed up and realized it after a bit.

Jimbo

I would have to believe that was done on the network level, (possibly local) someone screwed up and realized it after a bit.

Jimbo

We DID record it off of Nashville, TN OTA.

As an aside, is it supposed to take an external box to hear these feeds? My wife is vision impaired (that's why we have a 62" screen. Thank goodness we can always go to 72" if needed :). Hopefully, it will never come to that for us, but I'm curious about the technology and how homes typically receive it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts