Nebraska Voomers?

briansanders007

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 24, 2003
I haven't seen one voom dish around so I thought I would check and see if anyone in NE has gotten voom and what your expierence was like!

I will be getting Voom installed on June 16, will let you know then how it went and what my impressions are. I live in Papillion.

Here's how it went. The installer called yesterday (15th of June) around 8:30 P.M and asked if he could install it in the afternoon instead of the morning. He said he could be here between 1:00 and 3:00, I said that was fine. He showed up at 1:01. He installed the dish and he suggested that instead of installing the antenna which would only pick up yellow(I had some violet stations) to call Voom and get the upgraded antenna which I will do tonight. He didn't want to have to drill holes for the yellow antenna and then have to come back and drill new holes for the violet antenna. I said sounds good to me. He took about 90 minutes and I am now getting a 95 signal strength. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. I had one receiver installed and the job went very well. I think his name was Kevin. The company's name was Johnston Communications, a company in Iowa, about an hour from Omaha. Also if you need a DVI-D to HDMI cable, I would suggest ordering it from RAM electronics, online. I got the cable, sent UPS on a Tuesday, shipped on the previous Thursday. The cable works very well.

just finished install in Geneva

Install went smooth. Took him about an hour and a half.

He installed the ota on the the dish mount thou he told me the arial that is on my roof is better than the one they supply. Were I live is 70+ miles from Lincoln, 70+ miles from Grand Island, & 45+ from Hastings so options are very limited. I already receive a good signal for 10.1 (CBS) and my 29's (PBS) are ify at times. With the new ota he installed my 29's come in much better but I have to use the VOOM reciever to get those PBS channels. To watch CBS I switch back to my TV( it has a biult in HD tuner).

Picture is great. Did have problem with it freezing on me and had to unplug. I think maybe I hadn't let the system fully down load when it was started for the first time.

I did wait 4 weeks for this install but i think it was worth it.

VOOmer in GI

I've been a Voom subscriber in Grand Island for about a month now. Went with Voom after a nightmare trying to get Dish HD installed. I was cancelled on TWICE by the installers on the morning of the installation, after I had taken time off work because of "overbooking."

I got so pissed I called Voom and had an install done in 10 days. I have been very happy with the programming and have had little or no equipment trouble.

I am having a tough time with locals, though. The farthest tower from me is only 30 miles, the closest about 7, but I can get NOTHING. The installer is coming back out Monday to try again with another antenna. It's weird. I've been a month without any local programming. With Husker season approaching, I'm getting nervous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts