NEC display cutting off image

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstke

Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Am having a problem with a NEC display and wide screen operation.

I've a Dish 811 connected via component video cables to an NAD T753 receiver with the receiver connected via compoenent video to an NEC 50XM3. When watching either SD or HD TV channels the image is too large for the screen. The NEC display is supposed to be able to scroll through six screen size options, Normal -> Full -> Stadium -> Zoom -> 2.35:1 -> 14:9, however when watching Satellite TV, either HD or SD, I'm only able to alternate between 'Full' and 'Zoom.' While when watching DVD's I am able to scroll through all wide screen options. The Dish 811 HDTV Setup is set to 1080i and 16:9. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Doug

Like you think your overscan is way to much or something? Image to large for screen? Like in the vertical? Not sure, sounds like a service call for some tweeking of the settings that control this sort of thing. A little hard to grasp the "too large for the screen description though"

Spoke with NEC and they showed me where in the manual, in very unclear text, it says, 'When 720p or 1080i signal is input: Full <-> 2.35:1' Implying that only those two wide screen modes are available when the unit receives a 1080i signal. I'm now thinking that someone may have accidently hit the zoom button on the remote.

dstke - Do the Dish remotes Control your NEC?

dstke - Do the Dish remotes control your NEC?

Also, do you use the NEC 'stadium mode' on SD programming, if so how does it look?

TIA as I am considering a NEC plasma.

Miguel

Miguel,

We use a programmed Home Theater Master MX-700 to control TV, Sat Receiver, DVD player and AV Receiver. As stated above, when the TV receives either 720p or 1080i signals only Full and 2.35:1 modes are available.

I tried the 'zoom -' button on the TV remote however this only shurnk the already cut-off image, exposing grey bars around the side.

Will now try Dish to see if there is something configurable in the 811 to reduce image size.

/Doug

Spoke with NEC and they showed me where in the manual, in very unclear text, it says, 'When 720p or 1080i signal is input: Full <-> 2.35:1' Implying that only those two wide screen modes are available when the unit receives a 1080i signal.
Sorry they didn't go any further...

That means if you want your other formatting modes you have to feed it an SD scan rate as in 480P or 480I. Some receivers can be switched back and forth from the remote.

also...
OAR, Original Aspect Ratio - Black Bars and Burn-in
http://www.hdlibrary.com/viewtopic.php?t=6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)