Nedd Info On BluRay player/Media

Walker1

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 17, 2005
Good morning,

I am buying a new computer and have ordered it with a Blu-Ray burner. I need some information on a reasonably priced Blu-Ray player to use my television and also where to buy Blu-Ray media discs at a reasonable price. The only experience I have with Blu-Ray is one I go to the local Sony store.

I have a full 1080P Sony projection TV and I'm looking forward to viewing movies in the full 1080P. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your help.:confused:

Good morning,

I am buying a new computer and have ordered it with a Blu-Ray burner. I need some information on a reasonably priced Blu-Ray player to use my television and also where to buy Blu-Ray media discs at a reasonable price. The only experience I have with Blu-Ray is one I go to the local Sony store.

I have a full 1080P Sony projection TV and I'm looking forward to viewing movies in the full 1080P. All comments and suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your help.:confused:

Blank media is still expensive, but you should see it starting to ramp down this year. It is still currently running about $10/disc.

Cheaper players are coming out with some limited feature sets. If you can live without BD Live (advanced internet features) and internal decoding of audio codecs, you can find players in the $220-250 range at Best Buy, Target, Wal Mart and other mass retailers. Many people are waiting until Black Friday (day after Thanksgiving) when we anticipate prices will be sub $200 for an entry level player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts