Need 129

hamboneto

Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
central Alabama
I updated my dish 500 to a 1000.2 for the HD usine a vip 722. I am getting a 80 signal strength for both the 110 and 119 but zero for 129. I ran check switch and all are reading OK. I even covered each individual LNB to make sure I was recieving the correct signal. Got any ideas

Did you clear the matrix before running check switch? (Disconnect 722 from satellite and run check switch, then reconnect and run check switch.)

What kinds of LNBs and switchgear does it show on the Check Switch screen?

Since you can't screw up the connections on the built-in DPP43, I'd be suspicious that there's a fault with the electronics.

Here is the crazy part.When I first hooked it up it worked "HD ROCKS" then I changed the channel and I started losing signal and now I am at "0" signal for 129 as stated earlier though I am at 80 for 119 and 79 for 110

2 possiblities

Here is the crazy part.When I first hooked it up it worked "HD ROCKS" then I changed the channel and I started losing signal and now I am at "0" signal for 129 as stated earlier though I am at 80 for 119 and 79 for 110

You are either rotated to far east and hitting 110 & 119 only or the 129 LNB is not working.

Interesting..I have this exact same problem. I'm not sure what's going on. Worked great at first, and then it was gone.

It's how they show up under check switch.

Run check switch and even if it warns of less sats except it.

If they are not in the order I listed your azimuth is most likely off

You'll have to get 129 locked in before you hit check switch as the receiver will not know where 129 is supposed to be. So just keep tuning and hit check switch each time until you get 129 showing. It's a pain without a meter but it can be done. Once you get 119 110 129 listed in the matrix you'll be able to tweak it.

to far E

Now that you have the chk switch showing that all LNB's work then it looks like you are rotated to far to the E and maybe a little low. Try covering up the 2 outside LNB's and peak the center one for 119. Then start playing w/ the skew. :up

Better yet, find the elevation and skew numbers for your address at dishpointer.com and then follow the instructions page two of the manual.

If the receiver tells you that you have the wrong satellite, believe it and move on to the next.

If 129W still dies, RMA the dish.

Self-installing is overrated.

I have issues

Why the NHL Network blackout???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts