Need 30" dish, install in 3 days- Help

russ1150

Original poster
May 16, 2004
Hi:
I am a newbee and I am having my system installed in 3 days. I live in Central Florida on the eeast coast and have significant rain issues. Have D* now ant it fades in our rain. How do I have them install the 30" dish first rather than waiting till I get major rain fade. Russ

russ1150 said:
Hi:
I am a newbee and I am having my system installed in 3 days. I live in Central Florida on the eeast coast and have significant rain issues. Have D* now ant it fades in our rain. How do I have them install the 30" dish first rather than waiting till I get major rain fade. Russ
I guess you would call Voom and explain the situation. You will have to be very convincing/persuasive though. Voom has to give the installer authorization and the installer then would have to have one in stock. They may be reluctant to do that though because of the new dish coming soon.

I just got off the phone with Voom CS they said they would install the 18" regardless and see if there were any problems, If there is a problem they said they would change the antenna to the 30" unit? Don't sound very cost effective to me.
Russ