Voom can be closed down in 30 days. Is it really dead this time?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
tawhite said:
Just checked the Voom site, it says this:

Voom has ceased taking new customer orders and will shut

down by the end of March.

This Sucks!!!
Dang!! I thought you were kidding but this is no joke. Hasta la vista babies!!

BobMurdoch said:
Um, in the year or so they have been up and running and trying to get subscribers they have only managed to acquire what D* and E* acquire EVERY SIX TO SEVEN DAYS.

IN 2004, way over $200 million in expenses and maybe $13 million in revenue. Anyone pouring money into this will lose their stake faster than someone who bought tech stocks in 2000.

According to the most recent figures, D* has 500k HD subscribers. How many does E* have? How did you reach the conclusion that they are adding them at that rate? How quickly did either of those companies add customers at the same point in their history?

One of Voom's marketing mistakes was focusing on the HD rather than selling themselves as a DBS that happens to have the most HD content.

Damn it!! I didn't believe it until I saw it!!

Of course, CVS still controls what goes on at voom.com....

According to the Charles Dolan memo they are still trying to make a deal. Financing is in place. Could it be that James simply refuses to sell?? I can see why Dad always liked Tom best!

Yeah...that IS a new twist...

I wonder if my installer will still be showing up next Tuesday? :)

Lob

Hey guys it doesn't say March of what year :rolleyes: .

Damn what now Cableone has diddly for HD, E and D not much more.

Rob.

if (signal exists) then
I am good to go
else
I find something else
fi

"Life will find a way" -- so will the technology

Geronimo said:
No. FCC approval will take a few months. They only recently solicited comments.
The decision will be made no earlier than the end of March, that's in the FCC Public Notice. With reply comment and rebutals the final comments are due April 18th. Not too far down the road.

JL

gutter said:
I guess Sean is right...you didn't read both releases or you would have seen the the statement that financing or funding is in place to complete the deal. Anyone can select just the facts that back up their theory and ignore the rest.
Including you. Those statements are not facts they are intentions.

JL

Facts

I won't comment on the message on the Voom website but I will comment on the facts I was talking about. Someone said something about the 2nd memo to Voom saying they had funding. Well, if you want to read the FACTS, it says financing for the purchase of Voom is in place. The purchase isn't the problem, the problem is finding enough funding to keep it going. So I'm not picking facts to fit my theory, rather, I'm reading the facts to form my theory. They do NOT have funding in place (that we know of) to keep the operation going.

The Rickster

Waiting For Install In Santa Ana, Calif.

I'm In Santa Ana, California, And The Customer Service Folks At Zoom Only Say That 'installs Inc' Is Their Subcontractor. The Sales Person Told Me That I Could Contact The Installer To Get An Earlier Install If A Unit Was Available In Southern California From Any Prospective Users Who Cancelled Their Order After The Latest 30 Day Notice. Any Idea Whom I Might Contact In Southern Calif. To Obtain Earlier Installation ? Thanks.

Mike Pratt

TheTimm said:
YES! That's one of my favorites too. :D

Yes, I just love it when they show the ice cream melting in reverse. And my persion kitty loves the TANK shows!!!!! :) :p ;)

and my golden retreiver loves when the kitty watches the tank shows because he can sneak attack her from behind.

MOOV makes us all happy!!!!

OHMW said:
I'm In Santa Ana, California, And The Customer Service Folks At Zoom Only Say That 'installs Inc' Is Their Subcontractor. The Sales Person Told Me That I Could Contact The Installer To Get An Earlier Install If A Unit Was Available In Southern California From Any Prospective Users Who Cancelled Their Order After The Latest 30 Day Notice. Any Idea Whom I Might Contact In Southern Calif. To Obtain Earlier Installation ?
Looks like you're in the wrong forum - not sure where to find info on Zoom... ;)

Do you always caplitalize every word? !sadroll

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)