This Just In - Voom Not Dead Yet!

justalurker said:
I wonder how wide the circulation was on Voom HD, LLC's press release. They may not have reached all of the pundits before press time.

JL

As of now, no news organizations have picked up on VOOM LLC's press release. The only place to see it is on PR newswire and the Yahoo Finance PR newswire pages - Both places that you pay to place a press release. The press release also has no name and phone number for reporters to contact the spokesperson for VOOM which is also strange (and a big no no if you ever had to write press releases).

At least it gives everyone without lives something to bitch about..
The installer said Saturday that if they shut down he would be back to pick up the STB's and thats is all they would ask for, So I get a great antenna on my roof for my Locals, and don't have to pay anyone to get them.. But I don't think its over yet, Charles has something up his sleve.

As they say, it ain't over till its over. Grossly insightful, wouldn't you say?

I wouldn't expect the drop in cablevision stock to mean anything. It was the speculators that drove the price up and at some level they take their money off of the table. I usually buy high and sell low. Don't make any money, but does keep me humble.

I'd love to accurately predict this, but I really don't want to ruin it.

Go Dolan!!!!s

Here is the Key:

James Dolan will be the LONE winner, when it is all said and done. And things won't be so bad for the rest of us.

The installers are at my house right now, getting me set up so that I can be voomin' tonight.

67Yv8t said:
...The installers are at my house right now, getting me set up so that I can be voomin' tonight.
Wow! What an exciting time to come on board! You will never find another satellite service as exciting as this! ;)

1080iBeVuMin said:
You will never find another satellite service as exciting as this! ;)
I don't know...those Charlie Chat's are pretty dang exciting :haha !!!

I have been sure this was going to work out well, but right now, I just don't see it. If Voom lost $450M ( I am assuming this was for the year?), how can they survive adding 20,000 subs per quarter?

Even if they have 100,000 subs @ $60 each per month average = $6M per month
That's only $72M per year!

I am starting to believe Chuck Dolan saw the subscriber numbers (adds/losses) and wanted more concessions from CV. If they had the ad revenue from the other CV channels like they were going to get if the spinoff had ocurred, maybe they could keep their heads above water, but at this rate...

I dont see it either. Its like one man against the world here. I hope VOOM stays afloat only because its the best HD out there right now. If I have to go back to Directv's HD offerings Im going to go nuts. Not TNTHD on Direct either. I'll enjoy VOOM while its still around. The sub amount is very disappointing.

Lars said:
I have been sure this was going to work out well, but right now, I just don't see it. If Voom lost $450M ( I am assuming this was for the year?), how can they survive adding 20,000 subs per quarter?

Even if they have 100,000 subs @ $60 each per month average = $6M per month
That's only $72M per year!

Well,

that's not $60 and not 100K either. :) But if you have a sharp raise in sub numbers, you more likely will find somebody who will invest the next 2 years until you catch up, especially when you don't have to pour in $500 million yearly, due to the fact that most of thecnical stuff have been bought already from that last $500M... ;)

POST VOOM PLANS: (if needed) Rent DVDs, go to movies, buy DVD's. Will not go back to Cable or D*. Books are nice for reading too! Travel.....plant a tree.

Ok...just called a CSR who read a prepared statement....it was really fast but I THINK he said the Dolans have signed a letter of agreement with E* and will continue to operate.

omg www.voom.com says its ceased and over with by end of march.to me this is the first real sign of bad things to come.I had faith before but the website sorta says it i pray its not true"i want my hdtv".dammit dolans get your sh#t together and lets do what yall promised us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)