Did Voom go dead early? - No it did not!

ram1220

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
Allen, Texas
Has anyone else lost Voom as of tonight at 11:20pm central? I was watching HBO and then my picture went black. No sound either. I still have OTA but no Voom. I can't get thru to a CSR. I get a recording to call back later. Did they shut it all down early?

205, 207, and 209 went out for me. I called Voom and they indicated it was done for them also. They will look into it

Ok thanks. For me all the Voom channels are out. But I still have OTA. I'm afraid to reconnect the sat cable because I want at least OTA.

Discovery HD (channel 601) also went dead tonight. All other channels seem just fine. Strange!

I'm missing:

304 ESPNA (black screen - probably normal)
308 ESPN2A (NO SIGNAL)
340 FSFL (No SIGNAL) - I never got this before but before I got the call to order msg
601 TDCHD (NO SIGNAL)
615 HGTV (NO SIGNAL)

I see all of the Voom21.

My guess is we lost a transponder.

The optimist in me wants to believe this is a sign of E* testing switching R1 over to their system.

Shawn95GT said:
My guess is we lost a transponder.

The optimist in me wants to believe this is a sign of E* testing switching R1 over to their system.
Any loss of transponder will lead to a financial loss for Cablevision. E* pays less than 200 million if anything fails before they take posession.

I doubt if E* is playing yet ... V* could be doing some channel moves for some oddball reason (bored techs playing with the settings :D ).

JL

No HGTV (615), no Discovery HD (601), no RUSH (124). Those are the only ones I'm missing that I know of. Kinda blows.

TheTimm said:
No HGTV (615), no Discovery HD (601), no RUSH (124). Those are the only ones I'm missing that I know of. Kinda blows.
Got home from work, still didn't have them. Rebooted, still don't have them. Kinda sucks -- I wanted to watch that Serengeti Symphony on Discovery tonight. Oh, well...only like twenty other HD channels to choose from. I'll make do. :p

TheTimm said:
Got home from work, still didn't have them. Rebooted, still don't have them. Kinda sucks -- I wanted to watch that Serengeti Symphony on Discovery tonight. Oh, well...only like twenty other HD channels to choose from. I'll make do. :p

Call a csr, have them 'hit' your stb.

They can still do that

TheTimm said:

I finally got through to a CSR. He "hit" my box and all of my Voom channels returned except for Discovery HD. He has no idea why we don't have it. He says it's coming in fine at their location and there is nothing else he can do. So I have everything back except for Discovery HD. My signal is at 94.

ram1220 said:
I finally got through to a CSR. He "hit" my box and all of my Voom channels returned except for Discovery HD. He has no idea why we don't have it. He says it's coming in fine at their location and there is nothing else he can do. So I have everything back except for Discovery HD. My signal is at 94.

Cha ching! Told ya!

ram1220 said:
I finally got through to a CSR. He "hit" my box and all of my Voom channels returned except for Discovery HD...
Thread renamed accordingly. ;)

philhu said:
Call a csr, have them 'hit' your stb.

They can still do that
Apparently they can't still do it well. I called. Had bad luck in the ol' CSR drawing -- actually ended up losing all the other channels by the time this genius was done. Called back and got the pick of the litter -- a slightly less retarded CSR. At least he was able to restore all the channels, except of course the missing ones that prompted the original call. I'm not trying again. I figure if they try to "fix" it again, I'll lose my gas service or the wheels will fall off my truck or something. Might be better to just make do without those channels for the rest of the marathon death watch.

I agree. And what makes me mad is that Voom refuses to say there is a problem. They keep telling me they have Discovery HD so there is no problem. Liars.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts