Did Voom get what it deserved?

I think they failed because they ranVOOM like a cable company. It is that simple. The bad culture just came over and infected decision making in most aspects of the business.

I think the OTA antenna was a big negative. Antennas are a big no-no in some neighborhoods, like ours. Legally I can do it. But nobody around here does it, and it is frowned upon and considered very tacky. Voom would have looked better to partner with cable for local channels and make the Voom stb integrate with cable.

It just looked bad for a high-end, high tech, all HD service to push for a roof antenna. I haven't had a roof antenna on a house in 20+ years.

Geez, who cares what others think about having an OTA antenna on the roof. Are people afraid of what their neighbors will think? I mean, there are important things in the neighborhood and the world to worry about and an OTA antenna doesn't even register on the radar.

Still watching HDTV and enjoying the moon under clear Seattle skies, Gill

I don't like these options, aggressive marketing and a product that could compete with mainstream people is what led them to have only 26,000-30,000 subs for almost 8 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts