Need a Good Signal Meter

Need2learn

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2018
USA
I am done with Sathero meters work great when you first get them, then after a while not dependable. Can someone suggest a top line Signal meter that does it all.

A dealer may be able to tell you about several makes and models. Assuming they give an honest evaluation. Anyway, I use one of the high end models - the Applied Instruments XR-3 with the VSAT-ACM module. For the most part it works very well. The only problem I have with it is the satellite ID which isn't reliable. I've had mine for about 2 years now. I don't use all of it's features though.

A dealer may be able to tell you about several makes and models. Assuming they give an honest evaluation. Anyway, I use one of the high end models - the Applied Instruments XR-3 with the VSAT-ACM module. For the most part it works very well. The only problem I have with it is the satellite ID which isn't reliable. I've had mine for about 2 years now. I don't use all of it's features though.
Thanks I was looking at the XR-3 the question I have will it work on C Band and Ku band on S2 channels?

Thanks I was looking at the XR-3 the question I have will it work on C Band and Ku band on S2 channels?
Sure, as long as you have module XR-TS2-01, XR-TS2-02, or XR-TS2-03.

I have the Dr.HD 1000 S+ and love it, purchased it from [mention]Titanium [/mention]last year I believe, but the tariffs made it not profitable to sell in the US. You can purchase the Dr.HD 1000 Combo from Dr.HD directly, there is a $50 shipping fee to the US.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: TRG and Need2learn
Need2learn,

I guess I’m luckier than you with a my Sathero meter. I got a Sathero 300HD meter 2 years ago as a Christmas gift and it’s worked flawlessly, even after being dropped several times. Great battery time and easy to update.
It’s not a high end meter, but does the job just fine for me.
Good luck with your search.

John

Need2learn,

I guess I’m luckier than you with a my Sathero meter. I got a Sathero 300HD meter 2 years ago as a Christmas gift and it’s worked flawlessly, even after being dropped several times. Great battery time and easy to update.
It’s not a high end meter, but does the job just fine for me.
Good luck with your search.

John
I had the 500HD it worked for a while and it wouldn’t boot, couldn’t get another battery for it, then it booted and it wouldn’t work right, so just put in the trash. You are lucky

I must be lucky too. I've had my Sathero SH200 since December 21, 2011 and except for the battery only lasting about an hour now, it's still performing almost as well as when it was new. I've thought about getting a newer meter but as long as this one still does what I need, I'm not going to.

Same here I have had several Sathero meters and never had a problem out of any of them. Been dropped, wet, etc. One rolled around inside a tool bag for a long time. It doesn't look great now, but works fine.

Well I got my hands on a Super Buddy 29, and that will not do that trick, it just mainly setup for Direct Tv and Dish Network, very weak for C and Ku bands, it won't even do S2, Manual scan sucks. I will pass on a Super Buddy 29

I have the Dr.HD 1000 S+ and love it, purchased it from [mention]Titanium [/mention]last year I believe, but the tariffs made it not profitable to sell in the US. You can purchase the Dr.HD 1000 Combo from Dr.HD directly, there is a $50 shipping fee to the US.

Sent using Tapatalk

Hey EmCommSat I took your advice after trying out a Superbuddy 29 which is NOT for FTA and C band Dish, I ordered the Dr.HD 1000 S+ took about 10 days to get very nice, and thanks again.

Hey EmCommSat I took your advice after trying out a Superbuddy 29 which is NOT for FTA and C band Dish, I ordered the Dr.HD 1000 S+ took about 10 days to get very nice, and thanks again.

Very welcome, enjoy!

Sent using Tapatalk