Need A Good Strong Active K/u band TP for 78W Simon Bolivar

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

avenger

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 11, 2005
Slidell, Louisiana
Added 78W Simon Bolivar satellite to the microHD, added all the K/u TPs from Lyngsat and shows a "0" reading at the Signal Level and Signal Quality bars. Is there an active and strong TP for the K/u band for this satellite.:confused:

Thanks.

Nothing but one C band tp 'up nort' 3883 V 23000
Ku with, maybe, a 2.4m offset?? inquiries welcome.

Hi, you will need an UNIVERSAL LNB (9750) for the Ku Band, actually there are only 4 tps active

11504 V3000 PDVSA TV
11512 V 3100 TVO TV
11524 V 3000 Catatumbo TV
11537 H 4340 TV Uruguay

Hi, you will need an UNIVERSAL LNB (9750) for the Ku Band, actually there are only 4 tps active

11504 V3000 PDVSA TV
11512 V 3100 TVO TV
11524 V 3000 Catatumbo TV
11537 H 4340 TV Uruguay

Are you receiving these outside of the satbeams footprint map?

It appears the Montreal EIRP is estimated to be 38dbw and in NorCal it is 28dbw. An 8 foot dish should be more than adequate for the SE US with the estimated 42dbw.

We have received user files from several C-band systems on the east coast with channels scanned in from this bird.

Brian
I'm inside the footprint in the strongest part in the Carribean 46/48dbw.

46/48dbw is the C-band, not the KU-band frequencies that you referenced in post #6

Where are you in the Caribbean?

Are you receiving the KU-band frequencies that you listed or the C-band?

If KU, what size reflector?

Hey brian I don't see 78? is this because my channel list is from the original software that came with the micro and since I loaded my channels it does not display?

I added it but my additon does not look like the others, and I can't seem to put it in order.

I guess I will add in 31.5 and 34.5 in as well manually.

46/48dbw is the C-band, not the KU-band frequencies that you referenced in post #6 47dbw Ku Band Venezuelan Beam

Where are you in the Caribbean? Puerto Rico

Are you receiving the KU-band frequencies that you listed or the C-band? KU Band

If KU, what size reflector?
1.4M

venesat.JPG

I've been trying ever since I started FTA to DX the Ku signals from that one here in northeast Georgia. No luck at all. Then again, I only have a 90 cm dish ;)

Probably would need a minimum 5 to 8m dish to even have a chance at DXing this transponder if the estimated EIRP and footprint is accurate.

Cool, well you can add the last few sats if you want to the east, we can go down pretty damn low on the east, I get down to 30 easy but my house blocks me from there, my buddy has his dish set with the motor on the opisite side and goes down to I think 11 degrees.

Oh and any chance of a sort by polarity in the channel list for us guys using feedhorns? I scan and edit each bird H then V it's a pain in the but when I rescan and have to move my H back to the H section. Would be cool if possible lets say after a new H scan I can select sort by H and bam! they move to H and I can edit them, then flip polarity and do the V scan.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)