Need a Little Help Gang

joecap1946

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 7, 2008
Wewahitcka, Florida
I have a 722 dual tuner. The default recording is set to TV-2. When I record a show it records on TV-2. There are times when I record 2 shows at once. So TV-2 and TV-1 are in use. I have the timers set to start 1 min before show, and usually 2 min after.

My question or dilemma is when the 1st show (TV-2) is finished recording, and the second (TV-1) is still in progress. When I try to access my live TV, I get a message that "To view Live TV you must cancel the show recording".

Is this because the show I'm recording is on the main TV, I'm trying to access live?? I have the tuner in single mode, should it be dual ? Can I change back to TV-2 at that time to watch live TV?

I only get this when I try to use both tuners. I guess what I'm asking is if I'm recording on my main TV, can I switch the recording to the other TV and continue to watch live TV on my main set. Or do I have to go into another room to watch live TV?

Sorry if this appears to be confusing. Thanks in advance.

Since you are in Single mode, all you have to do is use the Swap button on the remote to switch to the other tuner (that is not busy recording).

Since you are in Single mode, all you have to do is use the Swap button on the remote to switch to the other tuner (that is not busy recording).

Thanks for the reply KAB. So when the show is recording on TV-1 (main set), if I hit swap on the remote, it will allow me to watch live TV on the other Tuner in the bedroom on my main set.?

Sounds easy enough, now wonder I couldn't figure it. :D

Thank you again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)