Need a little help guys

Status
Please reply by conversation.

freakedout

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 28, 2004
My dad has a directv r-15 and has lost 3 of them in the last year. One just would not turn on again. The lights were on the 2nd and would not cut back on. It would not show a picture and now the new one is won't cut off and is recording events but when you try to play them back it freezes or cuts back to the live tv feed. It am trying to figure out if there could be a external cause for 3 receivers going out. He has them plugged into a old powerstrip. The house has really old wiring and I was wondering if it could be the power.
I was hoping that you could suggest some likely things to checkout.
Thanks for anything you can suggest.
John

My dad has a directv r-15 and has lost 3 of them in the last year. One just would not turn on again. The lights were on the 2nd and would not cut back on. It would not show a picture and now the new one is won't cut off and is recording events but when you try to play them back it freezes or cuts back to the live tv feed. It am trying to figure out if there could be a external cause for 3 receivers going out. He has them plugged into a old powerstrip. The house has really old wiring and I was wondering if it could be the power.
I was hoping that you could suggest some likely things to checkout.
Thanks for anything you can suggest.
John

The power could be the culprit. Get a good UPS that will handle all of the equipment he has.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)