Need a little Home Distribution help

TimR21

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Hey all - I've been enjoying digital OTA channels on my new HDTV set with an attic mounted antenna. It has co-existed wonderfully with my Dish 508 DVR on the single RG6 cable running into my room using a simple diplexed setup.

Yesterday I upgraded to a 722 (which is now backfeeding other TV's in the house from tuner 2) and have lost more than half of my digital OTA channels. It seems like trying to combine the backfeed output from the 722 with the diplexed antenna feed is more than my lone RG6 can handle. The backfeed looks bad on the other TVs, I've lost more than half of my OTA channels (not even registering on the signal strength meter) - and preumably I'm now broadcasting my backfeed out to my neighborhood through my attic antenna.

How can I clean this all up? Is there some series of filters or traps I could use? Certainly I'm not the first person to run into this problem.

Thanks in advance for your expertise!

TimR><>

In defense of the installer...he was hesitant to hook it up that way because he didn't think it'd work all that well. However, he didn't suggest anything else either.

I guess I will just have to run a new line for OTA, but I sure don't want to have to do that. My house doesn't have a lot of access so any new runs turn out to be a real hassle.

Is there any other way to make this work with just one RG6 line?

Thanks,
TimR><>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts