need a lnbf for a HughesNet Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Hi! I just picked up a slightly used HughesNet/DirectWay satellite dish with no transmitter or Lnb attached. Could I purchase just some Ku band LNBF w/feedhorn to attach to this thing to use with free to air mpeg? I'm already using my C/Ku band dish with my Traxis DBX-3500, but would like to add a dedicated Ku dish to just Galaxy 10. Also have a 4 port switch on the Traxis. Thanks for any help. Chad

nope, nope, nope! I'm sorry I don't want to use this dish in anyway with direct tv. I want to use it as a stand-alone dish for mpeg DVB from Galaxy 10R. Just wanted to know if there was some LNBF I could attach to this dish to pick up the signal when pointed at G10. Thanks, Chad

you can monkey around with it and see if you can retro something. your focal point among other things will be something you will have to keep in mind. as for any one item, that's up to you for what your working on.

chadg2 said:
nope, nope, nope! I'm sorry I don't want to use this dish in anyway with direct tv. I want to use it as a stand-alone dish for mpeg DVB from Galaxy 10R. Just wanted to know if there was some LNBF I could attach to this dish to pick up the signal when pointed at G10. Thanks, Chad

I see what you mean now :) Yes Invacom sell an LNB and feedhorn that would fit on this dish (I have two myself) It would be BEST if you could use the feedhorn that comes with the dish as its designed for the shape of the dish but the Invacom Feedhorn also works well.

www.invacom.net

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)